Homeopathy and Health Forum
18 mth daughter with asthma..any professional help neededSex: Female
Age: 18 months
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Wheezing and breathlessness, so she cannot sleep at all, and restlessness.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
She has slight squint in her eyes....
Also her walking...teething....talking are late compared to normal child....
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
She is very restless and starts crying very loudly while in asthma attack.
If the attack is while in sleep, she wants to get up and sit instead of lying down.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
She suffers from chest congestion...unable to breath....and crys loudly while in attack..
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It started almost since her birth.
On 29th May 2006, we had been to India, and we visited a doctor there for her health.She had undergone blood test and chest xray at that time.
Xray report said 'RIGH UPPER ZONE PNEUMONITIS'
Then she was prescribed for a 5 days antibiotic course.
Again xray was taken...which said the 'CHEST IS CLEAR'
But still breathlessness in lie down position was there.
Recently in December 2006 we took her chest xray it was clear...but breathlessness is there........
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
It is worse mostly at night but it can start even in daytime.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
sometimes she feels better by rubbing her chest with oil....or with patting on her back near arm joints....
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
I think whenever she sees any new face she gets scared and catches the attack of breathlessness....
also with the sound of vacuum cleaner, blender, or washing machine she gets scared and catches breathlessness...
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
She feels better in cold weather. and very restless in hot weather ....
she needs to be fanned in closed warm room...
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I feel she is very moody...sometimes she plays well ...but sometimes she keeps on crying or shouting....and would not be entertained by anything....
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
She is scared of the sound of washing machine, vaccuum cleaner,....or any other similar kind of sound.....
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
while in attack she prefers to be on my (mum) laps...and patted on back....and she doesn't want to go even to her dad during that period....she needs to calmed down...
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
She gets very restless with any strong smell....she even gets up from her sleep with the smell of any cooking in kitchen....
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
She doesn't like to bath....and crys a lot everytime I give her bath...
Also she catches the cough after giving bath...I give her bath every 2/3 weeks,.....
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
She is fine with either of parents...she even plays with her elder brother....but she doesn't like to share the toys.....shouts loudly on him.....whenever a toy is taken from her hand.....
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
She is scared of any new faces....and starts crying loudly...as soon as she sees a new face....she is only comfortable with mum, dad, and her elder brother...and not anyone else...
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
She likes milk very much....and I give her organic cow's milk....
she almost likes all types of fruit....
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
she doesn't like to drink water at all...and I have to give her water forcibly...even in this summer time....so I think her thirst is less
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
As per my observation her hunger is normal.....as she eats appx 4 times a day... but recently from last week her intake has gone down...I couldn't find out the reason for that..
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand?
She immediately catches the cough with sour food such as lemons, yoghurt, oranges (when its not sweet)
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
She doesn't sweat at all.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Her bowel movement is generally regular....but sometimes its irregular....and hard stools....also I sometimes observe a sticky cough in her stools...
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
sleep is not at all sound due to wheezing and breathlessness.
She can either sleep on her either side or on chest but is unable to sleep on her back...sometimes she sleeps better with raising her head...and sometimes not....
She sleeps better while in motion...like moving pushchair, car / bus, or swing....
At night she continuously needs fan in the room....or the open window......she cann't sleep without it....
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
She is not social. What I observed she is fine playing with any new babys of her age but she can't do with new adult faces....she starts crying loudly even with sight of a new face....
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I am giving her some herbal (ayurvedic) medicines to her.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
I ( mother) has a history of cough in my childhood.
My elder son who is 7yrs...had the same kind of problem but not much severe....little bit mild than this....and it was cured with age....but he still catches the cough....
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
her overall appearance is normal.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
smitapv2k on 2007-04-16
during the next episode of asthma, please give her 4 to 6 doses of PULSATILLA 200C every 6 hours.
if the symptoms reduce earlier, you can stop the remedy or else give a few more doses.
♥ rishimba last decade
smitapv2k last decadewhether I should give it only in the episode of asthma or even otherwise...?
smitapv2k last decade
Today I got that medicine Pulsatilla 200c...and just gave her 2 pillules...to start with...will let you know ....how she responds...
thanks for your help...
smitapv2k last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.