Homeopathy and Health Forum
GraphitesI've been taking one dose of 6c graphites the last 3 nights for menopause problems and weight gain that goes with it.
So why do I feel like I've gone up a size and gained weight not lost it.
Please help as I'm in menopause and my weight just seems to be increasing no matter how I eat or how much exercise.
I've tried bryonia, sepia, lycopodium. Nothing seems to help.
Is there anything that will get rid of the weight going on around the middle during this horrible menopause.
onyxgroup on 2009-12-01
The weight gain u notice is not due to graphitis. do you 'feel' like u have gained some weight or have u measured it with a weighing machine? more than the hormones its the lack of exercise and burning calories which are responsible for the weight gain.just make sure that u have a regular healthy diet with exercises daily for at least 20 mins to half an hour.
Graphitis given to you will help you reduce weight along with general improvement during the time of menopause.
drpriyadarshini 8 years agoI just feel bigger and look bigger when I see myself in the mirror to what I did at the weekend and graphites is the only thing different.
I eat very little and exercise 30 mins 6 times per week.
So how long does graphites take to help the weight reduce. Am I looking at days, weeks or months
onyxgroup 8 years agoOh one other thing - I seemed to not pass much fluid since I've taken it.
Many thanks for replying to my post by the way - very appreciative.
onyxgroup 8 years agoCan you take too many remedies like I feel I have done with lycopodium, sepia, bryonia and now graphites.
Feel that nothing seems to be a long term cure so are the remedies wrong?
anyone help me on this?
onyxgroup 8 years ago
take only graphitis.....will have to continue for a month. its always good to take single remedy at a time.
drpriyadarshini 8 years agoStarted taking it Sat and had another dose sun and Monday but on Tuesday I felt my heart was racing and had palpitations. Would graphites do this - I've not had any since. But I did feel like it gave me a feel good factor prior to the heart thing. I now feel quite anxious and on edge since Tuesday - is this an aggravation from graphites or something else.
Hope someone will respond quickly as I'm quite concerned with the palpitation and racy heart.
onyxgroup 8 years agono graphitis wont do tis. can u tell me when exactly you got this palpitations? did u get it all of a sudden without any reason?
drpriyadarshini 8 years agoTuesday felt pretty good all day and put it down to the graphites, good mood, no headache (for a change) and just a general feel good factor.
However when I got home after work I felt really hyper and couldn't settle and like I had a load of energy but needed to get rid of it - heart felt a bit racy then. so as my stomach bloats I did a naughty thing and took a dose of lycopodium later on and ever since have felt the palpitations, feeling like I can't get my breadth and shaky inside. A feeling of being 'on edge' anxious sort of feeling. My chest feels tight and heavy.
Is this an aggravation from either graphites or lycopodium know I shouldn't have took the lyco.
Graphites was 6c wet dose in water. Lyco 1LM dose.
Appreciate any help. How can I get rid of this feeling please. Am concerned.
onyxgroup 8 years ago
oh....thats a high potency. ok how long u have been taking these medicines. specify all drugs with potency which u have been taking for the past 2 weeks
drpriyadarshini 8 years agoSun - Thurs lyco one per day
then Sat, Sun, Mon, graphites wet dose 6c
then lyco Tues 1lm
Have I done some damage to myself - now very very worried.
onyxgroup 8 years agoDr. Priya is confused. You have not taken Lyco 1M but you have taken lyco lm 1.
LM/1 = 5.5c (arithmetically, as a matter of fact they are not comparable)
So don't worry. You have done no damage to yourself.
Please copy the Questionnaire from the following thread
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis Dr. Priya will work out a remedy for you. Please explain in detail the exact feeling of stomach pain, when it starts, when it aggravates, it's physical appearance etc. Similarly explain your mental state in depth.
♥ kadwa 8 years agoPatient ID: Sex:Female Age:53
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Constant bloated stomach that is slightly bloated even on rising and gets worse by the end of day even whether I eat or not. Weight gain around middle and tops of legs. Constipation. Feel hungry all the time which strange for me.
Face also puffs and bloats
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Aches and pains, headaches
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
My mood is down and all over the place at the moment
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
No time of day is worse
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Last few months
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
No special time
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Aggravate - eating for bloating
Probiotic yoghurt helps as does eating an apple with regards to bloating
Mood swings - exercise helps
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Would say peri meno/meno is my main culprit
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Hate the cold love heat and sunshine
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Normally I have a friendly cheerful disposition but lately feel I'm a misery and a moaner
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
No problems but may get a 'heavy' head oppressive feeling
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? A little
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Certain smells like petrol fumes, paint, new carpets can bother me
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? Love my family to bits
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Ill health worries me no special dreams
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Love breads and butter. No aversions really
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Appetite has changed some days no appetite yet other days I'm starving hunger
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand?
Although I love yoghurt that bloats my face as does almonds, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, too much bread bloats my whole body and the face
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? No sweat
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Left side sleep poor sleep two hours then constant waking up
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Yes
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Don't understand why some people never seem to bloat when they eat - everything I eat bloats me and that bothers me
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Just lyco, graphites, sepia
and the problems which I mentioned earlier with regards to racy heart and palpitations from either lyco or graphites
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Small and petite so any weight gain of a few pounds shows immediately, people say I'm very attrative
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
No periods since 6 months
onyxgroup 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.