acne and oily skinHello everybody!!
I know that my condition doesn't count for a serious one but I would like some help to get normal, pimple-free skin. I am female, aged 25 with skin that flushes easily and gets easily congested. I have pimples and blackheads on my face and I also get pimples on my chest and back. I don't know if the following information is helpful but I sweat easily and I constantly have a runny nose every season of the year(any kind of remedy for this issue as well would be happily accepted), I have a few extra pounds and I have had oily skin ever since I hit puberty (around 15). I am looking forward to suggestions. I am new to homeopathy,so an analytical presentation of the doses would be appreciated.
flowrtobloom on 2012-06-05
Please copy the Questionnaire from the following thread
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♥ kadwa 6 years agoPatient ID Sex:Female Age:25
1. Describe your main suffering? Oily skin with acne, mainly blackheads and under the surface pimples Body acne as well (not so obvious though) The skin on my face is congested due to oil production and becomes red through the day. More than acne I mind about the oiliness which makes me feel not clean after a couple of hours I wash
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? Something else that really annoys me is that all year round I have runny nose (discharges without colour). When I wake up in the morning I have to blow my nose and through the day I need to repeat several times. I also sweat a lot, not just by heat but also when I feel anxious. This situation is also unpleasant but thankfully my sweat doesnít smell bad.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? The feelings that my physical sufferings cause are that I feel very self consious about my looks and also how people will judge me. I tend to take things seriously and I donít easily express anger or any negative emotions. I hate to make people feel uncomfortable because of me.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? If you mean mentally, I feel like I wonít make it in life. I donít find pleasure in money or material objects but I would like to feel more capable to feel stong and happy with how things are.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?I started to have acne around the age of 15 and my skin became also oily. My acne became worse at 17 which lasted by the age of 22 and these past couple of years it has calmed down. But the oiliness I feel is as strong as it used to be.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? I feel that my skin looks and feels the worst during noon when the oiliness is at pick.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? My face looks bad whenever I put an oil based product on my skin, when I am out in the sun and perspire a lot and whenever I use products (cleansers, creams) that arenít related to oily acne skin types. The things that make my acne look better are using specific acne related products and when the weather is cold I tend to become less oily.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? Not really. Only when I get my period I get one or two more noticable pimples but nothing major.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? I feel better during cold and dry weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc. I am an easy going person but when I feel disrespected I feel like steam is gonna come out of my ears. I get upset and lose my temper but I wonít express anger easily. I get nervous around large groups of people and whenever I try something new. I could say I am suspicious with people but only because I would like to form an opinion about what they really are and not about what they seem.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? As a child I was scared but now I am not that worried.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? I mostly want to left alone to cope with whatever is bothering me but by few people, who I appreciate, I like listening about their opinion but not feeling like they force me to follow what they suggest.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Yes, a lot. Unpleasnt smells make me feel really uncomfortable but excessive noise is the worst for me., I canít even stand people who talk a lot.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc? I am sensitive which I express through crying but not only when I feel bad but also from being very happy. I also crack my fingers a lot and cross my arms around my chest usually when I am around a lot of people.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? I have no husbsnd and children. I feel like I could do anything for my family and friends. But in case I feel less appreciated and loved than they are to me I feel like I could live without them.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? I fear that I wonít be able to achieve the things I want in life cause I am so hesitant. I dnít dream of anything in particular.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? I tend to prefer sweet foods(like fruits, chocolate) but I generally enjoy all kind of food. I donít really like animal parts like the liver, the intestines and boiled eggs. I also hate the smell of these foods. I donít also like too spicy foods. I prefer milder tastes.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?Normal
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal. I could go on without eating all day but no matter what I have to eat something at night.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand? Not really
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?Itís a lot mostly the head and the torso (armpits and back)
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Itís like once a day and my stool look healthy.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? I like complete darkness and quiet when I sleep and if thatís possiple I sleep quiet easily.The previous yers I used to have long periods that I couldnít sleep till 3 in the morning and I was really tired but that hasnít happened the last 2-3 years.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Yes
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all? I am more kind, quiet and calm than what most people tend to be.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? I have tried a lot to cure acne. I had a course of accutane (completely clear, oil-free skin but only lasted like 2 months after I stoppedand I also lost some hair which has grown in again after some time), zinc(didnít help that much) b5(helped a lot but it required like 4 gramms which was a lotof money and after 4 months I feeled dehydrated all the time and my skin became thinner ) spironolactane (which was effective but made me pee like crazy cause I used to drink a lot of coffee) I have tried things but the fact that I constantly had to take them and the side effects always made me quit.
22. What major diseases are running in your family? Thankfully there are no major diseases. My grandfathers died around 75 of lung problems but they were both heavy smokers (I personally hate cigarettes), My great grandparents died of natural causes and one of my grandmothers and my and have pre diabetes which they regulate with drugs but they used to have a lot of extra pounds.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance. I have dark blond hair, fair skin , I have a few extra pounds but if I am a little more careful with my eating habits I shed easily the extra weight. I am not that tall (1,67 m). I have a mediterrenean body type with a little broader shoulders than women have.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last? They are regular and last around 5 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods? Before my period I usually get upset more easily and not in such good mood and I rarely feel pain at day 2
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive? Itís normal
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? Itís thick red not that bright, a little darker
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?No
flowrtobloom 6 years agoday 1 and day 2
Please take three doses of Natrum Mur 200 as follows...
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
day 3 to day 15
Please take 5 drops of Berberis Aquafolium Q in the morning and evening in some 20 ml water.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♥ kadwa 6 years agoThanks a lot for the detailed answer. I shall try natrum mur as you indicated and I will report back with results.
flowrtobloom 6 years agoI suffer from acne because I work out a lot so my face gets very oily and prone to breakouts the first day I used dermalmd blemish serum my pimples and acne were a lot smaller and by the third day almost everything was gone which is amazing to use I would definitely recommend dermalmd serum.
IvethFonseca 11 months ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.