Homeopathy and Health Forum
Dr. Sameer Vermani, I Need help on Chamomilla proving and constitutional remedy for 25 weeks old boyDear Dr. Sameer,
My name is Liza and I am seeking help for my 25 week old boy. About three weeks ago I came upon a post here from a woman you helped with a chamomilla proving. And this is why I am writing to you. Let me give you some background.
When my son was 6 weeks old the pediatrician told us he was showing acid reflux symptoms and said that if they did not improve with changes in positioning alone she would suggest medication. My husband and I prefer not to use allopathic medicine. At 10 weeks it was clear to the doctor that Johannes, our son, would benefit from treatment for the acid reflux and since we did not want to use meds she suggested homeopathy and referred us to a homeopath. At 11 weeks we started treatment for both my son and me. We had a 2hr interview and a couple of days later these were the remedies that were suggested for Johannes:
• Chamomilla 30C 2x day for 3 days -3 pellets direct or 5 in water and use during day. I chose the 5 pellets in 4oz water during the day, for 3 days. Since we were travelling to Mexico the homeopath suggested starting with 1 pellet direct in mouth before the flight so he would be ok during flight.
• Calc. Carb. 30C, 5 pellets once.
• Cell Salts:
Mag. Phos. 6x, 3 pellets once a day for 1 week;
Nat. Phos. 6x, 3 pellets 2x day for a week.
We started the treatment once we arrived in Mexico City (we live in Miami and were visiting family for 2 weeks.)
The reflux symptoms improved, mainly his back arching and screaming after meals. The spitting up curdle milk also lessened. I was very happy with this, yet I failed to connect the appearance of new symptoms thinking they could be the result of not being home and being away from his father. These new symptoms were: Not wanting to sleep unless carried in arms; waking up every 2 or 3 hours at night and fighting to take naps. When he was tired he would get cranky and start fussing; so I would rock him to sleep but he will kick and scream before finally surrendering and falling asleep. About the same time he started losing his baby hair and developed a mild cradle cap.
Before starting treatment he had started sleeping 6hrs straight at night -3 nights a week for the past 2 weeks and twice 7hrs. He would fall asleep on his bed while just holding our hands, no need to carry him in arms. And he was taking 3hrs naps more regularly.
I was sure the sleeping problems would resolve once we were back in Miami but they just got worse. I contacted the homeopath because he started again with a very loud stridor. While on the phone with her he woke up in a scream and was crying nonstop; she suggested I gave him a chamomilla 30C pellet direct in mouth and told me to do this every time he would get fussy or cried like that. She recommended starting him on Arsenicum Alb. 30C, 3 pellets 3x day for 3 days. For the stridor.
Ferrum Phos. 2 pellets 2x day for 1 week. For the stridor.
Calc. Carb. 200C. 5 pellets once (I gave this remedy to him when he was 20 weeks old and did not see any change).
The stridor did not improve at all, and was getting worse so we decided to go see the Pediatrician. Also the spitting up came back, but with no pain this time. Another thing that I noticed was teething symptoms –he would put his whole fist in his mouth with lots of anxiety and was drooling a lot. He would pull on his left ear and cry. I would give him Chamomilla 30C but simply seemed to get worse.
The Pediatrician sent us to the ENT and when I contacted the homeopath about the teething and spitting up she told me that chamomilla should be working and to keep giving it to him and to go back to the Nat Phos 6x 5 pellets in water throughout the day.
At this time I started to distrust the Homeopath, not sure she knew what she was doing. My son was 22 weeks then. I started doing some internet search and found this forum. I read about Chamomilla and my son was showing many of the symptoms –cradle cap, wanting to be carried, fussing, and teething. So I thought the remedy was right, plus many friends would say that Chamomilla was the best for teething pains and there was no risk of overdosing. So that week I gave him 2 pellets direct in mouth three nights but things simply did not improve… they were getting worse. Thank God I came upon your reply to a woman asking about proving and I decided to follow your advice. Three weeks ago I gave him Nux Vom 6C 1 pellet dissolved in a TBS of water and that night he slept 7hrs 40min straight!! And he was so different during the day. I was astonished, grateful and scared; if one dose of a remedy had done this, what could I expect from all the remedies given before?
The improvement was amazing, the second night he slept 8hrs straight, he woke up had his milk and slept another 2hrs. He woke up happy and stayed playing in bed with me for about an hour –he would never do this, he wanted out of the bed and the bedroom as soon as he was awake (usually at 5 or 6am). Since then he has let go of his night feeding, he mostly sleeps through just waking up for about 20 minutes around midnight, and goes back to sleep after his early morning feeding for another 2 to 3hrs. He is in a much better mood throughout the day; playing more on his own and getting less frustrated.
A week after giving him the antidote he woke up in a scream and didn’t stop crying for over an hour, I could tell it was gas and decided to give him another single dose of Nux Vom 6C, he fell asleep right after that. This is all I have given him in the last 3 weeks.
The cradle cap is completely cleared, the teething pains are gone and he is drooling less; he still like to work his gum with his teething toys. I am sure he can still improve in other things; this is why I am seeking your help.
I will do my best to describe his current symptoms:
• He still wants to be held and rocked in arms to fall asleep.
• He has a hard time napping when he is obviously tired –red eyes and fusses and cries and doesn’t want to be doing what he is doing anymore. I lift him in arms and give him a pacifier and cover his face, then most of the time he kicks and cries and takes the pacifier out; yet if I continue to give the pacifier, cover his face and rock him he finally falls asleep. If he naps for about 30 to 45 minutes, he wakes up a bit cranky and crying –I think that it is either heat or gas was wakes him up.
• He sweats a lot. We can only go out for a stroll either early in the morning or late in the evening or else he gets very upset due to the heat. In the car seat he is always sweating. His feet are often cooler than the rest of his body, yet sweaty.
• He usually removes the sheets when he sleeps.
• He has lots of gas. Most of the nights He wakes up once between 12pm and 2am crying and when we lift him up and walk with him in arms he often passes gas and then falls asleep. Lately when he cries a lot he is crunching his belly.
• Since we came back from Mexico, I think since we gave him the arsenicum, his bowel movements are off. If more than 24hrs pass without a BM his poop is very hard and he makes lots of effort to go, most of these occasions the poop is so hard that he puts lots of strain on his anus sometimes to the point of bleeding.
• He still spits up curdled milk, usually 1 or even 2hrs after eating, yet there are no signs of pain. And sometimes it is just clear liquid, sour in smell.
• He has a loud stridor, diagnosed as laryngomalacia or soft larynx. If he sleeps on his left side it is gone and then the next day it hardly shows up; yet if he sleeps on his back it sounds like a loud snoring and then the next day you can hear it when he is sitting or drinking his milk.
• His mood has improved a lot, and he can play for longer periods of time without getting frustrated (like 15 to 20 minutes).
• About a month ago he started crying at strangers, mostly when on the elevator or if people engage him.
Let me know if you need any more info on him. I am interested in making sure he is cleared of the chamomilla symptoms, make sure he is not having other provings (arsenicum) and finding a constitutional remedy.
I deeply appreciate your time and knowledge in helping him find a more balanced state of being.
lizajam on 2012-09-20
This thread continues beneath the following ad.
I have not seen Sameer take a new case on here in recent months.
He has a few longtime patients on here and does not really comment
on any other posts or probably look at them, so he is most likely not
going to see your post.
he has a site, dynamichealinghomeopathy dot com and if you put his name
in search box on top right of forum - his posts will come up-click on
one, see his profile and email.If you want Sameer you are probably
going to have to be a private patient.
♥ simone717 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.