Homeopathy and Health Forum
Arsenicum Album anxietyhi there
I've been suffering from anxiety/palpitation for a long time.
My doctor prescribed Cipralex and it was good. But I dont want to take allopatic medicine my entire life.
I had a cold allergy when I was young, and now I dont feel well when in cold weather. I like warm weather.
Arsenicum album is helping me feeling normal again.
I need to take one dose(3 pellets) 30ch once a week(self prescribed). So one dose is lasting a week.
Is it safe?
Its been a month.
ps: the minus is that it is making me very irritable.
[message edited by cristtt5 on Sun, 17 Aug 2014 06:55:12 BST]
cristtt5 on 2014-08-17
This thread continues beneath the following ad.
How do you know your irritability is due to the remedy?
One dose of 30ch potency once a week is considered pretty safe. How many doses have you taken?
Have you taken any other remedy earlier and in what potency? Do you think you are sensitive to potencies?
If Ars Alb is helping you feel normal again, its likely that the cause of your irritability is not Ars Alb.
♥ rishimba 3 years agoI am not always irritated so it might not be due to arsenic.
one month ago I took 30ch dose 3 times a day for 5 days and was feeling good...after5 days I took 200ch once a day for 5 days again and I think I proved it because symptoms returned and I felt again really bad.
I had to antidote with opium and nux.
After two weeks I stared to take 30ch once a week.
I only had 2 doses.
cristtt5 3 years agoActually I would say any new or exaggerated symptoms have to be considered part of the state, and therefore part of the remedy reaction.
The problem with getting advice here, is nobody knows if this remedy is the right one, and so it is difficult to judge what is happening and give advice.
You may be proving the remedy, you have suppressed your symptoms and created a new condition, you may be taking too large a dose, you may have moved away from Arsenicum and into a new remedy state, Arsenicium might only be a partial similar. There are a lot of possibilities really.
Depending on which one of those situations is arising here, would determine the action you would take, although the one safest course is always to stop the remedy for a period of time and see what happens.
[message edited by Evocationer on Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:36:03 BST]
♥ Evocationer 3 years agoThis thread continues beneath the following ad.ok.
but how long can I take arsenicum album and be safe?
cristtt5 3 years ago
There is no real answer to that question. Some people need more of a remedy, some people need much less. Take too much and you can create serious problems, take too little and you will never be cured.
This is why you need a homoeopath supervising and prescribing. They should have the training and experience to manage the extended use of a medicine, if such use is necessary.
♥ Evocationer 3 years agoWhat do you mean by 'create serious problem'?
What could happen?
I've been to homeopath and prescribed argentum nitricum but after few doses I felt so deppresed that I had to stop the treatment.
cristtt5 3 years agoYou may fill this questionnaire if you want to give your case here.
Patient ID: Sex: Age: Nature of work: Habits:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
♥ rishimba 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.