Homeopathy and Health Forum
Petroleum 30c - Causing Rashes/IrritationHi,
My 7 year old daughter has eczema from her birth.
Till now when she had sever eczema reactions, we were giving tropical steroids as prescribed by her doctor.
In hopes of trying homeopathic medicine to treat her eczema, i started giving her Petroleum 30c
3 times a day for about 10 days.
After taking the medicine for 10 days, she slowly started having those eczema outbteaks throughout her body. Under the eyes, behind the ears, back of neck, in the elbows, armpits, leg joints etc.
Now the eczema has flared and the condition seems to have been aggravated. I am not sure if i shout stop the dose or reduce it or supplement it with some other medicine.
Can someone provide some advice.
ssanthan on 2016-06-27
Ok I will see how she behaves, after cutting the meds for next few days. Will report back on her progress.
ssanthan last yearMy daughters aggravation has been worsening. It has been 4 days since i have stopped the petroleum 30c.
I am guessing i have severly overdosed her. I am trying to put a lot of moisturisers on her skin but the skin i turning very bad.
Her skin is peeling all over the body. Under her eyes the skin has peeled and has become red. Her elbow joins has severe cuts. Her neck front and back have cuts. Her leg joins are dry and cut. She is scratching throughout the night.
Is there any antidote i should give her. I dont want to give her the topical creams for her. But looking at her suffering i am not sure what things i should try to minimize this overdose of petroleum 30c.
ssanthan last year
Use camphor to antidote. Use in homeopathic form or u can rub tiger balm on her tonsils. Reapply a few times.
Petroleum is used for cracks in the skin or eczema that is undeniably worse in winter.
I recommend a Banerji protocol. Antimonium crud 200 mixed with arsenicum 200 twice daily to be taken for 2 months before assessing the symptoms to compare to 2 months prior. Any improvement means the protocol is right and you keep dosing until all clear. Improvements are: less intensity of symptoms, longer spaces between flare ups and shorter duration of flare ups. Any of these would indicate the right protocol, but remember to only assess after 2 months
Offthewall last yearYou can also give her coffea 200 to help her sleep through the night as the itching is keeping her up. One dose before bed
Offthewall last yearI went ahead and purchased Nux Vom 30 and Cofee 200 (if needed to give in the night).
I have not given her the dose Yet. I have a question before that.
1) What should be the dosage for Nux Vom 30c. Is it 3 pellets once a night for 3 days.
2) Can i give her Coffee 200c 3 pellets during night for 2 or 3 days. Are both the medicines compatible.
Another thing i am noticing is some kind of sticky discharge around her neck area. The liquid is secreting around her whole neck/front and back.
Just for reference i am giving the following information.
Currently after giving Petroleum 30c for 10 days 3 doses daily, these are the issues she is having currently.
1) Her face around the mouth is completely dry and skin peeling with red spots.
2) Under her eyes and eyebrows are dry and skin peeling.
3) Cheeks are reddish in color.
4) There are cuts everywhere around the neck. all around the neck.
5) Her hand elbow joints are dry and have cuts.
6) Near the forearm she has red spots. Some thing you would see if you have allergic reaction.
7) skin irritation throught the body.
8) extremely dry and skin peeling near the leg joints.
ssanthan last yearDr akshay,
I gave her Nux Vom 30 Yesterday night 4 pellets 2 doses with 3 hr interval.
I will give her one dose tonight. Should i also give her one more does tommorrow and stop nux vom 30c (That will make 3 days)
Can you confirm i am doing this correct.
ssanthan last year
I have been watching if there is any improvement in her condition.
1) Her face has gotten slightly better. Her under eyes and under the mouth rashes is slightly better. But she still has some red patches. The skin has been peeling from her face.
2) Now the back of the neck and both shoulder joins are extremely dry with wrinkled skin and cuts(on its own and also due to scratching).
3) Her back is also extremely dry.
4) Her hand joints has cuts and she cannot fully extend her hands (We have seen this type of outbreak before in her hands. We had to use topical steriod cream to get the condition better before).
5) Her leg joints has a red patch.
All these we have seen one time or the other but not through her whole body at one time.
During nights she is extremely scratchy particularly around 3-6 AM in the morning. She scratches her whole body. There also seems to be a clear liquid coming out of places where there is cuts or scratched area. It also smells bad.
I am not sure if the medicine petroleum 30c has caused a reaction and body is acting like this and we need to wait for the medicine to take its course. Can you let me know what we should do. Should we just wait and take notice of what her changes are. If we should wait how long should we wait to see if the medicine is working or not.
ssanthan last yearpl wait for 7 days.pl repeat nux vom one dose if you find changes after antidoting,
♥ akshaymohl last year
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.