Homeopathy and Health Forum
Help for child with chalazions, Dr KadwaHello, I have a 4 yr old daughter who has developed several chalazions on both her eyelids this past year.
She currently has 3: one one each upper lid (unnoticable unless looking at closed eyes), and one under her right eye lid (this one is very noticeable). She had one previous to these three, it was right next to the currently noticeable one/bottom right eyelid. This was perhaps in the recent autumn months. I used the combo remedy drops in the eye "Similisan Stye Relief" at that time, the chalazion did go away, but then 3 came in its place within a month or so. I tried a protocol given to me for my son had a chalazion years ago, but it has not affected my daughter's.
So I do not know where to begin to address this seeming stubborn problem. Please, if yoy can offer guidance.
Thank you, ebuzzle
ebuzzle on 2017-03-13
Please give her Thuja 30 and Staphysagria 30 twice a day for 10 days and see how that affects over 15-20 days.
One dose means 1-2 pills of each remedy.
kadwa on 2017-03-13Thank you for your timely response Dr Kadwa! I will order your recommended remedies at once and begin dosing. I will post her response, many thanks
ebuzzle on 2017-03-14hello Dr Kadwa,
As we awaited for your recommended remedies to arrive Alexa's chalazion had changed.
1) After playing outside (it had snowed in march!) in very cold windy & weather, the chalazion grew larger and was somewhat reddened at the nodule/lump. Wednesday
2) Since we were waiting for remediesto arrive via mailorder, I tried to calm the eye by applying a warm water/epsom salt compress. We applied that 3 times over 48 hrs. Thursday, Friday, then stopped compresses.
3) saturday morning ALexa's eye had swollen quite a bit under right eye where the chalazion is, quite dramatically. And redness all under eye. Frightened that I aggravated it, I immediately drove to closest healthfood store to purchase your remedies and began dosing 2xs daily. saturday & sunday.
The swelling and redness/irritation has decreased by 50%, but still red and very noticeable - vs when I contacted you chalazion was just a nodule (size of #40 homeo pill) under normal colored skin. It has only been 4 doses, no drainage visable - but I thought important to let you know of changes that took place before remedies were started. We will continue as you prescribed.
ebuzzle on 2017-03-20This thread continues beneath the following ad.Ok report changes in coming days...i hope it will better by those medicine..please let us know what happened in 5-7days
drthoufeequebhms on 2017-03-20
It has been 20 days, I followed dosing as told. Effects:
- both right eye chalazions (upper lid inner corner, and lower lid middle) have increased in size. They appear worse(?) are more noticeable.
- within a week of beginning dosing a small stye appeared on lower right lid on eyelashes. resolved within a few days.
- I am noticing a small ulcer/lesion INSIDE the lower right eyelid skin, perhaps an openning to drain(?) It is near where the stye was/ slightly next to where the chalazion is visible on outside of skin.
- there has been no visible drainage, crusty eyes as of yet.
As a side note, my daughter has had problems with constipation since potty training a year ago. She hasa bowel movement every other/few days. 4-5 bowel movements a week perhaps. Rarely daily. I believe she is afraid to go sometimes, says they feel like they "have spikes". Or maybe she does not have a strong urge feeling to go/sluggish bowels?
ebuzzle on 2017-04-05Please give her Sulphur 30 twice a day for 5 days and see how that affects over 10 days.
kadwa on 2017-04-06This thread continues beneath the following ad.I have sulphur 30x, will that do? or must it be 30c
ebuzzle on 2017-04-06
Today is day 9 of 10. Here are effects:
- seemed an improvement in bowel movements immediately (BM 4 days in a row, but then no BM for 3 days).
- twice found a morning crusty discharge on left eye (has the chalazions) in along the eyelashes.
- no change in size of chalazions, perhaps even larger.
- I found a tick on my daughter and promptly removed it yesterday. As we live in area high rate of Lyme Disease, I gave a dose of Ledum 30.
- her left eye was clearly swollen/holding some fluid around the left eye upon waking this morning.
- so these are the effects, but no significant improvements as of yet.
- the small lesion/ulcer-like opening INSIDE the left eye seems to be closing.
Please help as chalazions are very noticeable (but not painful).
ebuzzle on 2017-04-15last note: Before we started your protocols the largest chalazion was about the size of a #40 homeo pill, but now seems twice that size with some swelling.
ebuzzle on 2017-04-15
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Page 1 2 3
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.