Homeopathy and Health Forum
8 years old with ADD symptomsMy 8 year old son seems to have ADD. He is very intelligent, very good in math, reading fluently but makes careless mistakes. He needs several reminders to stay on task. During quiet work time in school he starts making sounds and sometimes starts playing drum on the desk. He gets obsessed with one topic and will keep talking about the same. While in Kindergarten he came across a book about the titanic and since then up until last year he was so obsessed with it. He would talk about it all the time and would always draw titanic in his drawing book. He knows every detail of that ship. These days he is all about mine craft game. He can be hours on the Wii playing mine craft and after leaving the screen, he will keep taking about it. If he is sitting quietly and we ask him what is he thinking he will say that he is thinking what to do next in mine craft. He gets very loud and aggressive when asked to turn the screen off when the timer goes off.
He does not care about the authority figures especially at home. In school he will listen to teachers. He usually blames others for anything wrong happen to him. He is very shy so does not have a lot of friends. Although in class for group activities he engages in conversation and is always able to find a pair to work with but during lunch time he wanders alone. He is very mischievous at the same time, gets physical very easily. Cannot keep his body to himself. Does not care how he is dressed up, whether shirt is properly done, one side pants will be tucked inside the boots other will be out. He is chubby and loves to eat sweets. Cheese, yogurt, milk, bread, egg, tofu are his favourite foods to eat. In fruits only eats apple and banana. Will not eat any raw or cooked veggies. His sleep is good but usually wants either mom or dad to put him to bed.
I don't want to put him on allopathic medicine so just wanted dome help if any doctor on the forum can advise me which remedy I can try for him.
Abc1231 on 2017-03-18
1.how was his milestone? early or late?in walking,talking,fusion of bone in head?
2.generally he does not want company?
3.craves excess salt too? only sugar or sweets?
4.always stuck in one activity ,cant do anything new? mind is slow?
5.generally shy? fear to face others in public or stage?
6.weight ? obese or overweight?
7.do he often cry or angry or sad?
9.how is appetite?
10.any gastric disturbances? worms? nausea,vomiting frequent stool occasionaly?
drthoufeequebhms on 2017-03-18Thank you for the reply. Heres the answers to the questions.
1. He started walking at 15 months, he still does not prefer to play sports which requires lots of running. He is slow in writing and is not interested in drawing which requires fine motor. talking was on time, shape of head is fine too.
2. He wants company but he is more comfortable talking to adults as he is always interested in knowing more about any topic. He has unlimited questions. i have seen him getting along with kids younger than him. It seems to me that it is harder for him to initiate conversation. He is reluctant to ask kids playing if he can join even if he knows them from school. I asked him he says he gets nervous.
3. He likes salty snacks too. He has a big appetite. After having his meal he asks for snack right away.
4.gets stuck on screen. mind is not slow, knows all his answers in maths, spellings, science. He can verbally tell me answers, writing down is very difficult for him. Not interested in writing any writing projects, has hard time writing journals, doing a drawing. If i ask him to do a drawing and colour it, always starts whining that he only wants to do drawing not colouring and that too a very basic drawing.
5. Is nervous during class presentations. Will sing at home but wont participate in school music team. Or any other extra curicullar activities.
6. According to BMI he is not over weight but is in the border line of healthy and overweight. He does have a big belly and looks chubby.
7. He gets excited and sad very quickly. If you say no to him for something he gets upset and will start crying and talking. If i say to him that can we talk without you crying he is not able to do that. Once he is calm if i go and talk to him to make him understand he says he is getting stressed out talking about it.
8. He is pretty sensitive.
9. Appetite is big.
Abc1231 on 2017-03-18Hello doctor, still waiting for a reply. Just wondering if you got a chance to read the answers to the questions.
Abc1231 on 2017-03-20This thread continues beneath the following ad.Sorry for late reply.
Whether he feel better by consolation or not when he is sad?
How is his sweat?profuse or scanty?
drthoufeequebhms on 2017-03-21
He does not sweat much but his feet do sweat as his socks are often smelly when he comes from school. So just after 6 hours they are smelly. When he was a baby his head used to sweat while sleeping.
He does not want to be consoled when sad, does not want hugs starts running away if you go closer to him. He always thinks that whatever sad, or angry feeling he has is due to the fault of other.
[message edited by Abc1231 on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 05:41:41 UTC]
Abc1231 on 2017-03-21give him calcarea silicata 1m 1dose(3 PILLS) and wait for 1week
[message edited by drthoufeequebhms on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 05:47:25 UTC]
drthoufeequebhms on 2017-03-21This thread continues beneath the following ad.
drthoufeequebhms on 2017-03-22
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.