2nd attempt...............hot flashesPlease will someone take a look. I am desperate. I have to go and buy something and I cannot decide what. I thought sulphur was close but I really feel better for a shower.
here is my original post.........
Will someone please take a look at my case. I am desperate.
I started menopause 6 years ago and developed really awful hot flashes. After trying to self treat with a few herbals and homeopathics I gave up and went on HRT. I got the Bioidentical patch and it worked a treat. My life was back to normal with the exception of some weight gain. I was doing so well that I even cut my dose down to half the smallest prescribed dose. Now I have had to stop the patch. My insurance won't pay for it and I was put on a generic. That was about 4 months ago. It made me so ill. Violent headaches, nausea and very scary palpitations. I just had to stop. I'm sure I was getting doses out of all proportion to what I should have been getting and very irregular. I was so frightened by the way it made me feel that I don't think I even want to go back on the "real" thing. The trouble is that I cannot handle the hot flashes. My life is becoming a mess again. I am attaching the completed questionnaire in a second post.
Thank you for listening.
Patient ID: Sex: F Age: 64
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Hot flashes, day and night. Surges up my back with sweating. Feel weak if I am standing up.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Cold feet (except during a flush), one calf swollen, enlarged breasts and weight gain, dry blocked nose – no discharge but difficulty breathing especially when lying down. Chilly between flushes. No interest in sex.
Sometimes I have headaches which I think are connected to the blocked nose.
I have hearing loss from childhood.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Generally I feel happy. Sometimes lethargic. Occasionally depressed with bouts of weepiness especially at frustration of hot flashes.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Hot, tired, achy. No energy, depressed.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
At menopause although it has taken a few years to get to this. I started off with terrible hot flashes and started taking estrogen (patch) which has worked for that. Gradually I have put on weight and my hair started to thin a bit. I have a distinct thin patch on the top. Stopped the patch because insurance won’t pay for it any more. (Generic made me extremely ill – nausea, palpitations, headaches).
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Worse for warm stuffy room, heat of bed (I stick my feet out to cool off). Neck is very sensitive to temperature. Cool air makes me cold but will momentarily alleviate the hot flash as will cold water. I otherwise don’t like to feel cold air blowing on my skin. Feel better for a shower, a gentle walk outside.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Definitely hormone related.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I like warm weather. I hate the winter. Extreme heat can bring on a flash but I have always felt the cold more than most people. Thunderstorms can give me a headache but I don’t mind rain. I like the freshness afterwards.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Usually easy going, quiet, sometimes moody. I keep things to myself. Sensitive to criticism, afraid for the future. Especially afraid of losing loved ones. I have become lazy, don’t want to work,
11. How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
12. Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
13. Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Sensitive to smells even with a blocked nose. Bright sunlight hurts my eyes like when someone takes a photo, I have to keep on my sunglasses or screw up my eyes tight. I don’t like noise but I have hearing problems which are aggravated by noise.
14. Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Can’t think of anything.
15. How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I’m not especially sociable. I prefer to stay at home with my husband. I’m lucky. He is very understanding. I hate things like parties because I cannot cope.
16. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Fear of losing loved ones, fear of financial loss.
Sometimes dream about elevators, usually the old dark service type! Other dreams are like I’m watching a movie, they’re usually not about me they’re just stories.
17. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Crave chocolate. Averse to eggs although I can eat them when put in front of me. I feel like I could just eat all day long.
18. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Normal I think, certainly not excessive.
19. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Excessive. I don’t think I actually feel hunger as such I just want to keep eating.
20. Is there any kind of food which your body can’t stand?
Slimy, rubbery things like mussels, whelks or oysters. I do get bloating, maybe from too much sugar?
21. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Don’t sweat much except during the hot flash which affects all the creases on my body; beneath breasts, back of knees are worst, and back of neck. Hands and feet also get hot and sticky.
22. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
23. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I have insomnia. I have trouble getting off to sleep and then sleep very lightly. The least thing will have me wide awake. Cannot turn off my brain. I usually sleep on my back.
124. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
I don’t have any desires. Sex became painful at start of menopause and has since diminished to nothing. We cuddle and caress a lot but no sex.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I don’t know? Not sure what you mean.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Estrogen patch which worked great except for the weight gain (breasts in particular). Tried progesterone – good for sleep but that’s about all.
Have tried herbs like black cohosh but that didn’t work. Sage helps a little. Tried the obvious homeopathic remedies, Lachesis, sepia, pulsatilla, all at 30c for just a few days at a time. Back in the beginning Lachesis helped until I was in a stressful situation and then it just wiped out all the improvement in a few minutes. It never helped again afterwards.
I also went to an acupuncturist but that actually increased the severity of the hot flashes and never improved.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Heart disease, diabetes, hypothyroidism.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Look younger than my age. 5’ 6” tall, fairish skin, dark hair going gray. Skin smooth, unlined. About 20 lbs over weight. Large bust, fat around belly.
winnieandco on 2017-08-28
You can overlook your reservations about Sulph. and you can buy sulph. medicine.
Get it in 30c and 200c.
One pill/drop as a dose in the morning empty stomach and start with 30c.
Take one dose per week. Take five such doses.
♥ maheeru 10 months agoI have just started the treatment. No more for a week? I usually take an arnica wet dose at bed time to help me sleep. Can I still take this or not?
winnieandco 10 months agoWean arnica off when you are taking other homeopathic medicines.
If it's difficult to stop it abruptly reduce the frequency before stopping it.
♥ maheeru 10 months ago1. Use Glonoin 30 and Sanguinaria Canadensis 30 3 time daily, Use Sulphur 200 one dose every week along side. If this does not help then move to 200 potency ( mean start using Glonoin 200 and Sanguinaria Canadensis 200 )
2. If above protocol does not work, then Lachesis 200 one a week should be used
ArifMalik1 10 months agoI didn't take any arnica. I usually skip at least one night each week and I've never had any problems with that. Yesterday though I developed a severe headache with nausea. Still have it this morning. Could this be an aggravation?
winnieandco 10 months agoThank you for your post. I have already started the sulphur treatment so I will continue this for now to see how that works out. If no success I will try your suggestions.
winnieandco 10 months agoHi Winnie,
Often on here people pop in a thread and confuse
With other prescriptions. You can always click user names and see their experience and better yet, their past cases and posts.
Anyone who joins the forum can give advice-maheeru is a very experienced prescriber.
♥ simone717 10 months agoHi Winnie
I missed answering the latter part of your question.
Yes one dose for a week and no more dosage during the week.
After a week has crossed, you take next dose.
I think Arif Malik misplaced his post. His post was meant for another thread. Simone has given a good explanation. Yes to avoid a lot of confusion one can check out user names and their past posts/cases to check if they are being reasonable and sensible.
keep me posted. Even if i take a little while to answer, God Willing i will be back in time.
♥ maheeru 10 months agoNot sure if the headache was connected but after 3 days it went.
There has been some improvement in the hot flashes already. Less frequent, at least during the daytime,the night sweats are less frequent as well.
winnieandco 10 months ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.