Child FeverBoth my children are having high fevers- temperatures 39.7c.
Please help me to choose the most suitable remedies.
1) It started on 4/7 with a cold. -I gave ferr phos 6x.
2) 6/7: the cold got better, but she had diarrhea and a fever.- I gave aconite 30c (4 doses) along with ferr phos 6x.
3) 7/7, no more diarrhea and cold, fever getting better, but developing a slight cough.- I gave pulsatilla 30c (1 dose)
4) on 8/7, no more coughing.
But fever getting worse. Temp 38.5c.
Lethargic and reduced appetite.
Always feels cold, mumbles in sleep. Thirsty.
5) 9/7, no coughing.
Fever getting worse- temperature 39.5c.
Tired, no appetite.
Mumbles in sleep.
Drinks a lot. Gave ferr phos 6x at day.
In the evening, as face got red, complains of headache, very high fever- I gave belladonna 30c.(1 dose)
By night, temperature is reducing, appetite improving but still weak and tired.
2.7 year old:
1) 6/7: started sneezing (infected by sister) and also diarrhea- I gave ferr phos 6x.
2) 7/7: no more diarrhea. Sneezing getting worse and frequent with runny nose.-I gave phos 30c (1 dose) with ferr phos 6x.
3) 8/7: sneezing gone. But starts to have fever by 6pm. Weak, reduced appetite, wakes up crying in the night and wanting water.- Gave phos 30c (1 dose)
4) 9/7 (morning): high fever, 39.5c.
Starts coughing- starts with dry but sometimes sounds a bit phlegmy.
Reduced appetite but thirsty.
Lethargic, red face, watery eyes and nose, very hot at head and body- gave belladonna 30c in the evening.
By night, temperature only slightly reduced (39.4c) but when body and feet are touched, does not feel as hot as before.
Should I continue with the belladonna?
namn on 2018-07-09
♥ Tui 5 days agoThank you for your response.
The have responded well to the 1 dose of belladonna and today their temperatures are 37.5.
They look much better and have appetite too, I’m very relieved.
So I think I should stop The belladonna.
They still have a slight cough.
Should I give calc carb?
namn 5 days agoCough might stay around for a while but no, you don't have to give them anything.
You managed the case very well.
♥ Tui 5 days agoThank you!
Am giving the credit to all the posts in this forum and homeopaths like you, though. :)
I wonder if I should wait for a day or two to see if the cough is really gone, before giving another remedy?
namn 5 days agoUsually, the cough is the last thing to go and it may stay around for a week or sometimes even longer than a week, but if your children are in a good health in general, like they don't have asthma or a severe allergy, then I would just wait and see before giving them a new remedy.
♥ Tui 5 days ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.