Is It Safe To Take This Dosage Of Aconitum Napellus?Is it safe to take Aconitum Napellus 1M - 2 pills a day for 10 days in a row? My homeopath prescribed that for me for the chronic conditions below and I am now having a lot of trouble trusting this advice based on how things have gone so far.
Plus, from everything I've read that sounds like too much at once, especially for someone as oversensitive as me and I don't need to overdose and make things worse than they are now. My body overreacts to everything and I also have genetically impaired detoxification pathways, so I get 'poisoned' easily. I take no prescription meds and I can't even take supplements anymore without reacting.
I am female, early fifties, and am being given this remedy for chronic severe anxiety, heart palpitations, agoraphobia/panic attacks, dysautonomia and the myriad of symptoms that come with it, swallowing problems and MCS. I was abused as a young child and then attacked (strangled) by a stranger on the street at age 7...I've had most of these health issues since that early age.
I first consulted with the homeopath (who came highly recommended to me) at the beginning of August and was prescribed the following: Aconitum Napellus 200ck 6 pills dissolved in a 4 oz glass of water...one small sip 4 times a day for a week. The next week they added 3 more times a day at meals. At first, I felt like it was helping...I was calmer, brighter outlook, finally had an appetite, felt like I could get better...I slowly acquired a weird stomach tightness and acid reflux that was new to me, but I figured it would pass and in the meantime I could live with it since I was feeling calmer and had the other positive feelings.
But then after week 3 they changed the dosage and told me to take 1 200ck pill 4 times a day and shortly after I started I had bad reactions - I felt incredibly poisoned, severe nausea and tightness, killed appetite, food tasted wrong, increased anxiety & heart palpitations worse than before, & severe diarrhea (which is a symptom I NEVER have), that left me very weak.
When I reported this, I was told that the pills were too strong for me and they put me back on the water dosages this time only 5 drops 4 x a day. I did this for several weeks and then last week, I was told to reduce it further and take 1 drop every 2-3 hours, which I did, but honestly since the bad reactions after taking the pills, it never felt like the remedy was helping anymore. No progress with anxiety reduction or palpitations and the appetite & bright outlook didn't come back, plus I had a fairly constant 'poison' taste in my mouth.
So after reporting how I had been feeling this past week (not good at all), today they told me to take the above dosage in question and honestly it floored me. If the 200ck pills were too strong for me, wouldn't that potency especially at that dosage be stronger and even more prone to aggravations? Or do I not understand the strengths properly?
I've taken individual homeopathic remedies before for other acute health issues and they always helped me but never any potencies higher than 200ck and usually 1 pill once a week at the most of that higher potency. The few times I've taken higher dosages by overzealous doctors, I've ended up proving the remedy quickly and that was that.
From all I know about Aconitum Napellus, it feels like they picked the right remedy for me, but the dosages and frequencies feel so wrong and before I confront the homeopath about it, I was hoping to get a second opinion. Although, honestly, I think I've lost my faith in the remedy now...and the homeopath. Is there any harm in just stopping the remedy for now or would I have repercussions from that since I've been taking it this long?
Thanks in advance for your help and opinion on the potency/dosage. It is appreciated.
Flora111 on 2014-09-26
Aconite usually has effects for a short time period only.
I myself was prescribed this a long time ago for panic attacks,
it did well on those but after 3 doses it did not work right again.
You need to have someone else take your case.
Evocationer on here will probably comment and offer to take
your case correctly and prescribe.
♥ simone717 3 years agoThank you for answering...It made me feel better to hear of your experiences with this remedy and I appreciate it. I look forward to hearing Evocationer's comments, too.
Flora111 3 years agoThat is extremely dangerous prescribing. There is no justification for it at all. 1M should be given once in chronic cases and then the results observed before going further.
It may be necessary to take further doses of course, but 1M is powerful, and the effects should continue for weeks or months after taking it.
Whoever these people are they are a risk to you and your health. Avoid them from now on. They are being incredibly careless, and this kind of carelessness is found in people who actually do not have much believe in homoeopathy's power. They tend to make critical mistakes and then blame it on someone else.
I can take your case if you want a second opinion. It is your choice then what you want to do, but I am willing to try and guide you within the limitations of a forum like this.
♥ Evocationer 3 years agoIt's very late here and I need to get to bed, but I wanted to write first to say THANK YOU! I am so relieved to hear your answer and even more relieved that I trusted my instincts and didn't take the 1M as prescribed. I will not be returning to this homeopath.
I accept and appreciate your offer to take my case and give me a second opinion and guide me here. I will check back as soon as I can to find out what information you need from me. Thank you from saving me from this disaster.
Flora111 3 years ago
I only decided to try to this new homeopath above after my holistic dentist (who also prescribes homeopathic remedies) told me I was taking too many things and it was confusing my body and I'd never get well. After hearing this and finally 'waking up' about what I was taking all that time, I thought going to someone who really specialized in it would be best for me because I've always believed homeopathy could help me and I 'knew' deep down if I found the right person that would be the case...unfortunately, I found the wrong person.
Since I was a child, all I ever wanted to do was get to past my anxiety and fear and constant post nasal/choky throat mucus so I could participate in the world. I quit all allopathic medicines about 25 years ago because I felt they were too dangerous for me and I only pursued 'safe' natural remedies and treatments. I never took any homeopathic remedies on my own and relied on the various doctors who I thought knew what they were doing to prescribe them and I acquired new symptoms and issues along the way which no one told me could have been coming from the remedies. Looks like the joke's on me now.
So, while waiting to hear back from you on what you need from me, I decided to read some of the other postings here related to anxiety and after reading the exchanges in this post
'Anxiety and Panic (Gelsemium C 200)'
I now wonder if I am even beyond help. And as much as I want and need the help, I don't want to waste your valuable time, if that is the case. I hate waste. So to be fair before we get into the nitty-gritty details of my case, I am giving am example of the overdoses of remedies I've been given in recent years to see if there is any hope for me and worth your time in taking the rest of my case.
The amount of different homeopathic remedies and combinations I have been given over the past 15 years by a few chiros has been staggering. I was told 'it can't hurt you if it's the wrong remedy and you can't take too much, it only can help, so no harm in trying'. I have a drawer stuffed full of them. In the past several years, I have had daily dosages of the various remedies - at least a 100 of them when adding up single remedies and combination remedies. In addition, I was given many specially made remedies in water by the Bax Aura Machine for various conditions.
Before the chiros, I was treated by 3 Homeopaths in the 1990s all prescribed Nat Muraticum didnt do anything for me in relieving the panic or fear. If it helped in other ways, I honestly can't remember...I don't even remember who they were or what the dosages were. I do believe I only took the remedy briefly each time,though...no overdosing as far as I can remember.
Nothing I have ever taken helped the mucus or the constant anxiety/adrenaline rushes.
When I started with the new homeopath beginning of August I was taking:
Lymphomyosot 1 pill AM, 2 pills PM (Have taken this in various doses (up to 6 pills a day) for over 15 years)
Berberis Vulgaris 6c 3 pills PM
Phytolacca Decandra 6c 1 pill PM
Activation Magnesium Spray 18-24 sprays one time a day
Borage Oil ½ cap rubbed on breasts once every three days
Until The End of May, I was taking the following for several months then I stopped it all but the Lymphomyosot:
Lymphomyosot 1 pill AM, 2 pills before bed
Thuja Occidentalis 6c, Capsicum Annum 6c, Phytolacca Decandra 6c - 2 pills each before Bed (Since Oct 2013)
Rhus Toxicodendron 30c 3 pills before bed (Since Jan 2014)
Silcea 6c 3 pills before bed
Staphysagria 30c 3 pills 1 time a week
Inflammatone (Aconitum napellus 8x, Belladonna 8x, Bryonia 8x, Chamomilia 8x, purified water 70%, glycerin 15%, ethanol 15%) various dosages kept changing, 5-20 drops in hot water - 1 to 2 times a day
Nat Sulph 6x 4 pills 1 x a day
2013 Major Remedies I Took -
Borax 30c 3 pills a day (several months)
Thuja Occidentalis 200CK (I cant remember - dosages or length of time taken)
Asafoetida 30c 3 pills every other day (At least 6 months)
Asafoetida 200ck (I cant remember - dosages or length of time taken)
Phytolacca Decandra 30c 3 pills a day (down to 1 a day probably 4 months)
Nat Mur, Kali Phos, Nat Phos 6x 4 pills each one time a day
Antimonium Crudum 6c and 200ck (I cant remember - dosages or length of time taken)
I have taken the Cell Salts in various dosages on and off for years in different combinations
Horrifying, isn't it? So, I appreciate any help or advice you can give me but I know what a tangled mess this is and I won't blame you if you change your mind and don't want to help me now or can't because it is energetically beyond repair.
I'm guessing I probably should be dead, but I'm too stubborn to die. I have one goal in life and that is to be anxiety/fear free and healthy before I die and one way or the other, I know I'll accomplish it.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts...Thanks
Flora111 3 years agoI have seen worse. Heck I have taken more remedies than you have over the last 25 years, and I was cured simply and easily by the correct remedy.
Suppression makes you incurable (potentially) not having a large number of medicines. Most of those medicines would have been without any effect, and so the same as drinking water.
♥ Evocationer 3 years agoThat is a really big relief to hear this!
You know what? I was told by an energy healer a few months ago that all the symptoms I had could be cured simply and easily if I found the correct remedy, too. I hope that's true. So maybe going to that homeopath wasn't a mistake after all because it led me here to you...someone who really understands and knows what they are doing!
So please let me know what you need from me to get started on my case and I'll get right on it. I tend to 'over-explain' and am very detail oriented so it may take awhile to get it all written out once I know what you need. Thanks again!
By the way...Of all those medicines I took on that list, the only one I saw direct benefit from was the Phytolacca Decandra 30C...it cured a hard, hot swollen breast I suddenly developed Aug 2013, although I doubt I needed to take it as long as I did. The issue has not returned.
Flora111 3 years agoI REQUIRE explanation and details, so this will not be a problem for me. I am a classical homoeopath and we take detailed cases.
HOW TO DESCRIBE YOUR COMPLAINTS (Physical Components)
In homoeopathy, prescription is based on precise details of various symptoms from which you suffer. To tell or write to a homoeopathic physician 'I have a headache ', ' an eruption ' or a cough would not be enough. If you inform him 'I have headache with sharp shooting pains in the left side of the head and temple, these pains always come on when the slightest cold air strikes the head. I feel better by pressing the head very hard. Then only you have given all the information required for making a good homoeopathic prescription. The success of the prescription depends; largely on how detailed your description of the symptoms is.
We require the following details about your symptoms.
LOCATION: Please give the exact location of sensation, pain or eruption. Also describe where the pain or sensation spreads.
SENSATION: Express the type of sensation or the pain that you get in your own words however simple or funny it may seem. You may have a sensation that a mouse is crawling or the heart was grasped by an iron hand or you may have a pain that is cutting, burning jerking, pressing. Express the sensation or pain as it feels to you. Try to explain the whole sensation in the exact way it is happening and not just the word. We need to understand the whole process of the sensation as it is happening to you.
WHAT MAKES YOU WORSE OR BETTER:
Many factors are likely to influence your complaint. Some factors may intensify it and some factors may relieve the trouble. A detailed list of the factors is given at the end. Please refer it while describing each of your troubles and indicate which factors make the complaint better or worse.
DISCHARGES: You may have a discharge from nose, ears, mouth, eyes, ulcers, fistula, eruptions on skin, private parts, etc. Please describe your discharge in detail including colour, consistency, appearance, odour etc.
1] Your Complaint:
(Use your own words as far as possible, but if you have recognized or diagnosed the condition, give this information also.) By answering as many of these questions as fully as possible, you are helping me to understand what your body and unconscious mind is conveying. This can help me find a remedy for you.)
What is your complaint?
When did the complaint begin?
Where is it located?
What sort of sensations (and emotions) do you associate with it?
When does it tend to occur (time/day)
Does anything make it better or worse?
How does it bother you? How is it coming in way of your day-to-day life?
How does it feel like to have this/these problem/s?
What is the effect of this/these problem/s on you?
Did any event happen which caused the complaint? Describe the emotion associated with it.
What are the other symptoms started with it, esp. mental and physical symptoms, which are not directly related to the main complaint.
What are your reactions with it?
PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR EACH SYMPTOM/COMPLAINT SEPARATELY. DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF YOUR COMPLAINTS TOGETHER IN EACH QUESTION eg. all questions answered for Leg Pain, then same questions answered for Migraines, then same questions answered for Panic attacks etc.
♥ Evocationer 3 years ago
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL DESCRIPTION
(Please spend the most time on this section and give detailed answers - the homoeopathic remedy is very often decided on the basis of the mental and emotional state of the patient !)
1. What are the issues in your life that bother you the most. Not physical issues but mental or emotional ones. List each one separately and describe why each one bothers you so much.
2. What emotions are the most troublesome for you? What situations provoke these emotions. How do these emotions make you act? Do you feel any ill effects from expressing or not expressing these emotions.
3. What incidents in your life have had a deep impact on you? Describe each incident in detail and how they made you feel? What did you do in those situations? What effect have they had on your life?
4. What are you afraid of? Especially important are phobias, but it might be objects, situations or events that just produce a high level of anxiety. How do you manage your fears? How do you react when confronted with these fears? What would be the worst situation for you to be put in that would provoke these fears? You may need to talk about each fear/anxiety separately.
5. What hobbies do you have? Why do you like each of these activities?
6. Do you have any persistent thoughts, ideas or beliefs that are difficult to stop or cope with? What are they?
7. Do you have any unusual gestures or movements of the body? Do you feel any unusual sensation or pain throughout your body? What exactly does it feel like is happening in your body?
8. When you experience your fears, persistent thoughts, or difficult emotions, what kind of sensation or reactions do you get in your body?
9. When did you feel at your best in your life? What was that like for you? If you imagine the complete opposite of this feeling or moment, what would that be like?
10. Do you feel like you are stuck in a pattern of behavior, especially when trying to deal with your problems? What is this pattern?
11. What difficulties or problems do you have in relationships? Talk about your family, your romantic relationships, your spouse or partner, your friends, and your work colleagues. You may need to talk about all of these separately.
12. List 5 positive things about yourself. Are there any situations where this positive attribute becomes negative (is a problem)?
13. List 5 negative things about yourself. Are there any situations where this negative attribute becomes positive (is useful)?
14. Do you have any reoccurring dreams? Describe them in detail, including any feelings that come while dreaming.
15. Did you have any reoccurring dreams as a child, or earlier in your life? Describe those in detail including any feelings that came with them.
16. What were you like as a child, your character, your personality, your fears, your dreams, your problems?
17. What kind of environment did you grow up in? What problems where there at home, with your family, with your parents, with your siblings, with school?
♥ Evocationer 3 years agoGENERAL SYMPTOMS
(Symptoms that dont fit anywhere else, but are things that tend to affect all of you as a person, but are not emotions or thoughts)
1. Sleep - what position do you tend to sleep in?
- what position can you not sleep in?
- do you do anything unusual in your sleep?
- any problems with going to sleep, staying asleep, or waking up?
2. Appetite - What foods do you crave/desire strongly?
- What foods do you hate eating (have an aversion to)?
- What foods have a negative effect on you or cause symptoms?
- What foods have a positive effect on you or seem to improve your health or symptoms in some way?
- What is the effect of hunger or fasting on you?
3. Thirst - What drinks do you crave/desire strongly?
- What drinks do you hate to take (are averse to)?
- When are you most thirsty?
- When are you least thirsty?
4. Stool - Do you have any problems with your bowels or passing stool?
- What is the shape, color, odor of the stool?
5. Urine - Do you have any trouble passing or retaining urine?
- What is the color, odor of the urine?
- Do you have any sediment or debris in the urine?
6. Sweat - How do you feel about the amount of perspiration you have?
- Where do you have the most sweat?
- What is the odor?
- What color does it stain clothing?
- Does anything in particular cause you to sweat abnormally?
7. Sexuality - Any problems with your sexual desire?
- Any problems with your sexual ability or function?
- Any history of sexually transmitted diseases?
8. Menses (Women)
- How many days is your cycle?
- How many days does the flow go for?
- What is the appearance of the flow?
- What is the odor of the flow?
- What kind of stain does the flow leave?
- Any discharge before, during or after?
- Any pain before, during or after the flow?
- What symptoms come before the flow?
- What symptoms come after the flow?
9. Environment How does the weather affect you?
- How does the temperature affect you?
- How does the season affect you?
- What physical activities affect you?
- Is there anything else in the environment you are sensitive to?
♥ Evocationer 3 years agoThank you for the questionnaire. I appreciate it. I will start working on it today but it might take me about a week to complete. I will get it back to you as soon as I can.
Flora111 3 years agoHi just checking in to let you know that I am still working on the questionnaire. Since you are being so kind to help me here, I want to make sure I am giving you the most complete picture I can and its taking me longer to put this together than I originally thought. I almost have 2 sections completed and will soon start working on the third. I did them in reverse order so it might take me another week. Thanks again!
Flora111 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.