Homeopathy and Health Forum
Pseudotumor Cerebri issuesSeeking remedy for pseudotumor cerebri/fluid imbalance/headaches. I have been suffering from these conditions since late 2012 and had symptoms every day until some time in 2014. After that time and since then have only had 4-5 'flare ups' and the worst being last Thursday (4-12-2018) where I ended up going to the hospital as symptoms were that bad.
Earlier that week I noticed a type of 'vibration' in my (left?) ear that lasted a few seconds. The days following, starting on Monday, I had a constant, 'strong pressure' headache that was not relieved by much of anything. Driving to work on Thursday (4-12) I noticed a blind spot in my vision (left eye) when cars were entering my lane in front of me. Within 15 min after realizing vision impairment, I arrived at work and felt very physically weak and exhausted/tired. I rested in car for a few minutes before walking in to work. I could not log in to my computer at work as I could not focus, my speech was very slow and weak. My thoughts were not coming together and I felt very disoriented. After urinating felt very dizzy and nauseous. My right hand (from wrist down) went. Feeling in my hand returned within 5 minutes. I felt as if I was going to pass out. Neck and shoulders were hurting.
Was taken to ER and had CT scan as well as bloodwork, all returned with normal results. Toes went numb after laying down, lasted about 15 min. Was given Lasix, morphine, benadryl, Reglan and IV steroid. Slept on and off rest of day, head still hurt.
Friday-did not take any medications. Symptoms were the same but much less severe.
Saturday-symptoms worse than Friday but not as bad as Thursday.
I am familiar with cell salts/remedies and have never liked taking conventional medicine, and would like to have my body and mind back in balance. All help is greatly appreciated.
Here is a questionnaire I have found on the forums before.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Headaches (generally only during cerebri flare up), stomach ulcer, heartburn, tension (neck and shoulders), fatigue, loss of appetite, easily bruised, get cold easy (stay cold), fluid retention, dizziness, nausea, vision impairment (double vision, blind spots in vision), increased salivation, vertigo, breakouts on chest and chin (sporadic), flushed face (during stressful times, sexual excitement, anger, crying)
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Brain fog, exhaustion, lethargic, confusion, lack of focus, forgetfulness (these are during cerebri flare up)
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Head/neck/shoulder pain and tension, feel wiped out to the point cannot function, eyes cannot focus, sometimes left eye can hurt (dull ache), nausea, dizzy, pain from left temple to back of left ear, vertigo, extremely tired to point of wanting to just sleep
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Started within 3 months of removal of Mirena IUD (October 2012)
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Mornings and/or Evenings
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Aggravations: High sodium and fatty foods, alcohol, laying down too much, leaning forward (during flare ups), straining (physical), excess caffeine
Ameliorations: massage of head/neck, eating healthy foods, exercise (over time, will aggravate at first), losing weight
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal.
Sharp scents (can trigger headaches)
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Outgoing, bossy, optimistic overall, blunt, comical, friendly, respectful, ambitious, busy, focused, confident overall, social, can be easily irritated,
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes, but don't like people feeling sorry
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Smells (florals, perfumes/candles, cottons/linens, artificial cedar, birchwood, cleaners)
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
'restles leg', rubbing thighs with both hands if anxious or nervous, rubbing eyebrows, picking (at hands, face, chest, arms), rubbing feet together
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Overall very positive and supportive, caring
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Failure, losing job, losing people I care about, harm to my child, being alone (around men).
Repetitive dreams: having children, torture (sexual assault by someone)
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Craves: Carbs, sweets, cheese.
Aversions: gluten, sausages, processed meats, red meats, celery,
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Excessive (mostly for water)
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Less (normally eating 2 meals a day, sometimes 3) and light meals
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Anything with gluten, red meats, sugar
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
More. Mostly head but all over
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Either daily or every other day. Solid//Normal.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Generally very well. I tend to fall asleep fast but 1-2 nights a week may have trouble sleeping. Back and sides, usually with one leg up (in all positions)
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I feel more thoughtful, caring and sensitive. More outspoken. Also I think my metabolism is not normal for the little amount of food I consume and the level of physical activity is in excess of others.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Diamox-dehydration, fatigue, frequent urination, one side of face excessively hot (alternates but mostly left). (not since 2013 or 2014)-was taking for year.
Lasix-same symptoms as Diamox. (one dose on 4-12-2018).
Spinal tap-felt like overall condition worsened after. (last done maybe 2013).
Effexor-for general depression/anxiety (diagnosed with mod depression and severe anxiety) (last taken first week of April 2018).
Xanax-for anxiety (only taken 3-4 times in life) (last taken in March 2018).
Celexa-for depression. (2012).
22. What major diseases run in your family?
Diabetes, C a n c e r (prostate/breast)
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
5â€™4â€, 215lb. (â€˜average heightâ€™) chubby (mostly torso, neck, back, upper arms), pear shaped, small limbs (forearms, hands, feet, ankles, face). Muscular legs, thick, dark circles/puffy eyes, curly/wavy hair, healthy finger/toe nails, healthy hair, rosy cheeks, good complexion,
24. - Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
They are either early or late. They are generally never very regular. Usually they are towards the end of the month. The last usually no more than 5 days.
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Fluid retention, pseudotumor cerebri flare ups.
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
Mostly very light
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
Very very rarely.
Symptoms/flare up generally starts with â€˜wooshâ€™ sounds (tinnitus) on one or both ears that is seems to be in sync with pulse (also seems more in left ear)
I do have night terrors on occasion.
Have dropped 30lb+ and few pants/shirt sizes within the last 3 months.
bsparks on 2018-04-15
Please take Sepia 30c, twice a day for 10 days and see how you feel after that.
[Edited by Tui on ]
♥ Tui 4 days agoJust take 2 pellets as 1 dose and if you are very sensitive to a homeopathic remedy, put just 1 pellet in half a glass of water, mix it well then take 1 teaspoon ( 1 dose) from there.
♥ Tui 3 days ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.