Homeopathy and Health Forum
breast cystHowever during last month, there is a big cycst on her left breast - ofcourse the biopsy showed its benign
Is it a reaction of bryonia?
My Mom aged 60 had a lump on her right breast near to the surcase last year - no pain but reddish and the doctor gave some antibiotics and other medicines , it went away.
This year a month ago it appeared again (little larger) and based on the Gyn's advice, we went to the sup. speciality hospital for cancer and got the mammography and Fine Needle aspiration biopsy which confirmed a Benign Cyst. Hoewver the Doc said its not 100% reliable and we have to go for removal of it and excisitional biopsy. Inthe meanwhile he prescribed some anitbiotics and the cyst shrank down to half of its size. Now it is neither increasing nor decreasing from the past one week. Doctor still prefers surgery.
I request all the experts here to please suggest whether it is possible to treat such in homeopathy / better go for surgery? If it is possible in homeo, then i will take her to a homeopath for full investigation. I just want to make sure. Please advise.
chiru71 on 2006-10-26
the cysts are generally termed as fibro-adenoma. they are mostly benign. its possible to remove the lumps and also stop the tendency of formation of cysts in the future.
if you undergo a surgery, you can remove the cyst but cant stop the recurrance.
♥ rishimba last decadeI am sorry, the cyst is on right breast.
So what would be the advisable method? To consult a homeopath and try Or get it surgically removed and consult a homeopath?
chiru71 last decadeUse:
Phytolacca 6 : 5 drops x 1/2cup water x 7days
Conium Mac 6 : 5 drops x 1/2 cup water x 7 days
Use both the medicines alternatively every week for 4 consequtive weeks and then reply.
pradipde last decade
When it comes to cure homeopathy or cure a patient. General Manager must follow the rules to cure homeopathy, it is his job.
Kuldeep last decadePlease, what is ur advice? Also i am giving her Ruta Grav 30 , based on one reply in this forum - in any way it affects the cyst?
chiru71 last decade
♥ gavinimurthy last decadeDear Chiru71,
Homeopathy can certainly cure these breast cysts.But to take away the tendency to the formation of these cysts would need a long term treatment.The cure would not be complete just with getting rid of these cysts.Because with correct homeopathic treatment, the old symptoms prior to the formation of these cysts would come back one after the other, only to be eliminated.This will take you to your childhood where one would end up with giving your constitutional medicine.
But homeopathy of the kind that i have described here is a slightly difficult art and would require a full fledged case taking.If you can find a classical homeopath who takes a detailed case and then prescribes very few remedies at a time, that will be best.Otherwise i suggest that you fill up the detailed questionnaire that you can find on the physostigma thread.
Till then, i think the suggestion made by Pradipde regarding Conium and Phytolacca is a good one and is based on empirical pathological conditions.What it means is that in cases of breast cysts, these two remedies along with some others have been found to be very useful.
What i suggest is that you take Phytolacca first for a week and see if there is any improvement.If there is an improvement, stick to it.If no improvement, then try Conium and see if there is an improvement.Then stick to the remedy which suits you more for some time and keep updating us.
In the meanwhile fill up the detailed questionnaire.
rajivprasad last decadeDear Chiru71,
Here is a detailed questionnaire that you may use to give your mother's case.It will take some time and effort to fill it, but is needed for a complete case taking.
The Chronic Case Taking Questionnaire
How well or often do the following statements describe you as a person? Please answer these statements as they apply to you most of the time i.e. over a period of several years.
Responses: never=not at all, rarely=hardly at all,
occasionally=to some extent, often=very much so,
(1) I get anxious before an important event.
(2) I have a strong craving for sweet things.
(3) My memory is not very good
(4) I often have a fear of going out, or of walking over bridges, of heights or of closed
places like elevators (lifts).
(5) I often find myself walking fast, even when there is no reason to hurry.
(6) Sometimes I have strong impulses to do strange or dangerous things but I do not
act on them.
(7) I feel more comfortable in cold, fresh air.
(8) I have bloating or diarrhea.
(9) I worry about my own health or about the well-being of my family.
(10) I am fussy about cleanliness.
(11) When I feel anxious I pace about the room, especially at night, sometimes to the
point of exhaustion.
(12) I am a terrible worrier about small things.
(13) I generally do not have much appetite, but I like to sip warm drinks frequently.
(14) I often cannot sleep at night, or I wake up with anxiety.
(15) I am worse when it is cold and better when it is hot.
(16) I have dry, flaky skin.
(17) I have suffered from depression my whole life.
(18) I have considered suicide.
(19) I feel I have to do something important with my life.
(20) Failure is my worst fear.
(21) Music is soothing to me.
(22) Generally I feel better in the summer.
(23) My aches and pains feel better at night.
(24) I crave open air.
(25) I worry about what other people think of me.
(26) I enjoy eating eggs, especially soft boiled.
(27) I work slowly, but I am reliable.
(28) I feel as if I am cracking up and won't be able to cope.
(29) I often wear socks at night because my feet are cold in bed.
(30) As a child, I had a larger than average head.
(31) I tend to put on weight easily.
(32) I am troubled by nightmares.
(33) I sleep with my knees tucked up to my chest.
(34) I have lots of moles and birth marks.
(35) I enjoy travelling.
(36) I enjoy eating chocolate.
(37) I am a perfectionist.
(38) I love a good thunderstorm.
(39) There has been a lot of cancer in my family.
(40) I put other's needs in front of my own.
(41) Injustice makes me angry.
(42) My voice is hoarser.
(43) I am sensitive to changes in the weather.
(44) I am sensitive to the suffering of others.
(45) I sometimes stammer, mispronounce words, or have to repeat a question before
(46) I have suffered long lasting stress in my personal life.
(47) I might lose a little urine now and then, especially during coughing or sneezing.
(48) I have had warts near the tip of my fingers or on my face.
(49) I have been hurt deeply in love.
(50) I often find myself sighing.
(51) I get a lump in my throat.
(52) I hate to be consoled when I'm sad.
(53) My muscles twitch.
(54) My physical condition can change very rapidly and unpredictably.
(55) Emotional shock has caused many of my problems.
(56) I am very sensitive to pain, smells or sound.
(57) I am very talkative and tend to wander from one topic to another during a
(58) I am a jealous or envious person.
(59) I am suspicious of other people's motives.
(60) People describe me as an intense person.
(61) I can't stand to be overheated.
(62) I feel bad after waking up, either from a short or long sleep.
(63) I blush easily.
(64) I hate clothes that are too tight around my neck or chest.
(65) I don't like to speak in public, or to take on new responsibilities, but I do fine once
I get started.
(66) I am reserved or aloof, and feel more comfortable keeping people at a distance.
(67) I have poor self-confidence.
(68) I prefer small groups of close friends rather than large social gatherings.
(69) I have a low energy period from 4 pm to about 8 pm in the evening.
(70) I may get sentimental and weep when someone thanks me or expresses
(71) I dislike being alone in the house, yet I dislike staying in the same room with
(72) I frequently suffer from gas or some other kind of digestive complaints.
(73) I like to be near the ocean.
(74) My performance is erratic; sometimes very
good, sometimes bad.
(75) I have had infections or discharges from my genital organs.
(76) I am afraid of closed narrow places, such as elevators.
(77) I remember having sexual feelings a child.
(78) I tend to be lively at night, but I have a hard time getting going
in the morning.
(79) I crave oranges, or sour fruit, or like to chew on ice.
(80) I often have hot feet and like to stick them out from under the bed covers.
(81) I find it hard to cry in public even after very sad news.
(82) People talk to me about their problems, but I don't like others to console me or
make a fuss about me.
(83) I am very sensitive to being hurt or humiliated.
(84) I think about past disappointments, or hold grudges for a long time.
(85) I feel worse in the sun or when the weather warms up in summer.
(86) I get cold sores on my lips.
(87) I suffer from insomnia as a result of grief or insults.
(88) I often have a strong desire for salty things.
(89) I get irritated if I can't get things done right.
(90) I am bothered by sloppiness or inefficiency.
(91) I am an ambitious and competitive person.
(92) I have a bad temper but may feel sorry about it afterwards.
(93) I am irritated by loud noise.
(94) I feel worse in the morning.
(95) I often wake early, and have trouble falling asleep again.
(96) I tend to overindulge in food, drink, or sex.
(97) I am outgoing, and make contact easily, and have lots of friends.
(98) I am very sensitive to other people and also easily influenced by them
(99) I am fearful of the dark, or of thunderstorms, or of deep water.
(100) I readily understand other people's feelings.
(101) I like cold, juicy and refreshing things, like iced water or ice-cream.
(102) I tend to get nosebleeds or bruise easily, or have bleeding gums.
(103) I function on high energy yet I burn out easily, feeling fatigued afterwards.
(104) I get tired quickly and feel better after a short sleep.
(105) I long for affection and like to be hugged or held.
(106) My moods and inclinations change quickly.
(107) I have difficulty making decisions.
(108) When I have a problem, I feel better if I can talk to someone about it.
(109) I dislike the fat on meat, or other fatty, greasy things.
(110) I have pain or discomfort that changes locations frequently.
(111) I have nasal congestion (catarrh) which is worse in a hot room.
(112) I am sensitive to the cold, but I dislike hot, stuffy rooms, and often need
fresh air when others are comfortable.
(113) At times I lose affection for my family and friends.
(114) I have very little interest in sex.
(115) I say nasty things to my family and then feel guilty for doing so.
(116) I do not like to be cold.
(117) When I am depressed, I prefer to be left alone.
(118) I feel better after dancing, intense exercise, or listening to lively music.
(119) I feel nauseated from the smell of cooking, or lose my appetite completely.
(120) I have suffered from sluggish digestion or chronic constipation.
(121) I am afraid of sharp objects.
(122) I have low self-confidence, give in easily, and lack courage when it comes to standing up for myself, or to speaking in public.
(123) I have difficulty making up my mind, because I get caught up in the details, rather
than seeing the big picture.
(124) I feel tired or rundown, but still push myself to finish things.
(125) I tend to develop scar tissue after injuries or surgery.
(126) My hands are cold and sweaty.
(127) My nails break easily and/or my hair is fine in texture.
(128) I get infections easily.
(129) I hold in my anger or sometimes don't even realize I'm angry until
several days later.
(130) I get angry about mistreatment of me by other people.
(131) I have had styes in my eves.
(132) I tend to fantacise or dwell on sexual matters.
(133) I sometimes masturbate to fall asleep at night.
(134) I tend to itch all over my body.
(135) My bladder gives me problems.
(136) I feel sleepy during the day and sleepless at night.
(137) I am intelligent and imaginative, and I can turn useless things into something
(138) I tend to be messy or untidy.
(139) I have strong opinions and enjoy discussion and debate with others.
(140) I am outgoing and sociable.
(141) I like to eat spicy, rich food.
(142) I don't like to stand for long periods, and I prefer to slouch in the nearest
chair or couch.
(143) I often feel too hot; even in winter, or I have dry burning skin.
(144) I feel thirsty.
(145) I feel fragile like I am made of glass.
(146) I feel phoney or artificial or as if I am hiding something - people wouldn't like me if they knew what I am like.
(147) I am secretive.
(148) I hate onions or onions really upset my system.
(149) I have warts or I used to have many warts.
(150) Some of my health problems started after vaccinations.
(151) My perspiration is sweet smelling or offensive.
(152) I have dreams of falling.
After having answered the above questions, you are requested to give a slightly detailed story of your life in a chronological order. Start with your earliest childhood and then proceed forward. Give all the incidents that have had a significant influence on you. Also describe how and what you felt when those incidents were happening. Also give a detailed history of the illnesses that you have had. Are any of your current symptoms related to any of your earlier illnesses – i.e. they started after that particular illness. Mention two or three happiest moments of your life and two or three saddest ones. What made you happy or sad in those situations?
Also mention the history of major illnesses in your parents, grandparents, their brothers and sisters, your close cousins and great grandparents. Illnesses like cancer, tuberculosis, psoriasis, asthma, eczema, gonorrhoea and other sexually transmitted diseases, rheumatism, heart ailments etc. should definitely be mentioned.
P.S. Other members of the forum may also use it if they think it is a good questionnaire.
rajivprasad last decadeThanks Pradeep/Rajiv
I am trying to consult a homeopath for a face-to-face consultation. if that does not happen, i will fill in the quationaaire and alongwith starting the drugs as prescribed.
by the way , what did the below mean?
5 drops x 1/2cup water x 7days
Is it putting 5 drops in half a cup (say 150 ml) of water and onle once per day for 7 days?
chiru71 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.