≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Azoospermia - Bilateral Undescended Testes

Dear Dr/Advisor


I was born in a remote village with bilateral undescended testicles. Due to lack of awareness, my parents did not know the seriousness of the problem and also the local doctor in the small town did not advise them to get my testis descended through surgery well in time. On occasions while I was playing or running during my childhood and adolescence, I used to have swelling and pain on the sides of the root of penis where the testicles were probably stuck. The local doctor advised to rub Iodine ointment and relax. Ultimately I used to get relieved. Anyway, both the testicles were descended one by one through surgeries when I was seventeen and eighteen years respectively.

I got married at the age of 28 and was not aware of my problem as I did not face any erection problems and used to have night falls occasionally. After one and half year of our marriage without pregnancy, we approached our family GP to discuss the issue. I was asked to go through a semen analysis and it was revealed that I have zero sperm count. Following the physical examination of my testis, I was explained by the doctors that the size of the testis is small and that biopsy might not be very helpful. Their conclusion based on their experience was that the azoospermia may be irreversible.

As I was following up developments in male infertility on some of the related websites and forums on the Internet, I learnt very recently that there have been some successes in similar cases and people are sharing their experiences as well. I gave a semen sample on 12 th July 2007 but unfortunately the quantity was low and the report was not prepared till a second sample examination is performed but no sperms were observed and it was technically inconvenient to declare azoospermia due to a low volume sample. However, I have gone through a hormone test on 21 July 2007 and the results are as below:

LH 17.4 mIU/ml

FSH 43.1 mIU/ml

Testosterone 4.40 mIU/ml

Should you require me to go through some more tests; I will do the same. Ultimately we are now looking towards the God's help.

Thanks and best regards

  Miracle-in-Waiting on 2007-08-21
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Dear miracle-in-waiting,
After I've reading your story, I find that my husband might have the same problem with you.
I just want to share this with you. I am 24 years old. He is 28 now. We are married for only 8 months. We accepted the arrange marriage. I was shocked when i found out the problem. The difference between yours and ours is that we still don't solve our problem yet. His testes are still not in the right place. After doing some blood tests, I know that his FSH is significantly high and others are normal with azoospermia in semen analysis.
Although On pelvis CT scan we found his tests, we don't know how to decide in spite of councelling with doctors.
How do u think? I too am waiting for a miracle which would happen between us.
With best regards,
springswallow last decade

I am facing the same problem with biliteral undescendent testicles, I am 30 years old now, and have gone through so many doctors but it is too late to find out now. Have you got any cure in it?

Please reply
confusedmale last decade
Hi SprinSwallow,

I just noticed that you are stil going to decide what to do, Have your husband gone through surgery now? I am 30 years old, i have done my ultrasound, found both testis inside but need a surgery to be done. Have you gone through this? Please reply

Many thanks
confusedmale last decade
Hi.....am 24 year old n suffering from the same problem.recently I got to know my problem n shocked planning for an surgery.can any one please guide me this regard
optimist26 last decade
[message deleted by friends55 on Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:35:03 GMT]
friends55 last decade
Due to ignorance of my parents. I realize i have left undescended testes. The left one is in my left groin and right one is properly in my scrotum. It was discovered very late. Am 58yrs old with beautiful 4 children. i pregnated some girls when i was young. But sometimes scare of testicular problem. Am not sure if i should remove it or leave it. I had ignial Operation once. I told my urologist, she said is even more safe to have testes in the groin rather than the scrotum. Am confuse and don,t know what to do.Leave it or take it out.
[message edited by Uncle k on Tue, 23 Apr 2013 05:52:35 BST]
Uncle k last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.