≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Miasmic & Constitutional

I would like some clarification and/or opinions. Thuja is indicated for constitutional and/or sycosis miasmic treatment. Is there a difference in approach to treating one or the other. My constitution is Thuja however I also contracted gonorrhea twice (within months - same guy) in my early teens. I took a 200c and after an aggravation feel pretty good. Should I be waiting till I feel poorly again? Is it possible that 200c would clear up all the physical symptoms? Or, am I supposed to wait till I feel psychologically miserable again before taking another dose?

Have I asked too many questions? :)

Thank you for any and all input!

  Blossom on 2008-02-28
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Hello Blossom,

Since you got an aggravation with the 200C, and are feeling better now, I would receommend just waiting and watching for atleast 6 weeks before you even think of repeating a dose (in a higher potency). And, yes it is possible that just 1 dose will clear up everything. Thuja is an extremely deep acting medicine.

You will probably not feel miserable again if Thuja is the right choice. The waiting that needs to be done now is to see when the progress comes to halt. At times this waiting needs to be months. Nothing is better than giving the remedy a couple of months to act without any interference especially when you are sure the remedy is correct. The old masters like Hahnemann and Kent were very good at waiting after a single dose of the right remedy.

Regarding your question on miasmatic prescribing and constitutional prescribing, I think the best remedy for a chronic case is always chosen based on both the totality of the symptoms (constitution) and the underlying miasmatic state.

sameervermani last decade
Thank you Sameer. I greatly appreciate your opinion - it sounds very much like the classical literature I have been reading. So it is settled, I will wait at least six weeks.

Best Wishes,
Blossom last decade

Could you tell me what sort of aggravation did you experience. Was it an internal turmoil or an external discharge ?
hisam last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.