≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum




Boiron Arnicare ®: not available in . Available


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Shingle Nerve Pain

My Great Aunt is 94 and has been suffering with residual nerve pain after a bout of shingles 15 months ago. It is mainly on the left hand side of her abdomen into groin and extends sometimes down her left leg. Leg often numb - feels like it would give way if stepped onto suddenly. She can't say what makes it worse - there's no pattern. She has lost her appetite but despite losing 20lbs (now 6.5 stone) has maintained the same weight now for six months. She is bright, mobile and otherwise healthy, taking no medication. She was a sickly child and had many colds, ear infections and sinisitus (mostly on left)- this all stopped when she retired from a busy clerical job. She lost both her parents when a small child, brought up by her aunt. Two years ago she lost feeling in left forefinger after carrying a heavy shopping bag. She tried taking Capsicum 200c but stopped when the pain worsened. Can you recommend a course of action for her please.
  juliemp on 2008-03-30
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Rhustox and colosynth both in 2ooc alternate with 3 hours gap unless pain vanishes.Put 2 drops or 2 pills in a little warm water of 1 table spoon.If this a nerve pain,hope will be gone with above remedies.If u don't find improvement in her after one dose of each then come back and discuss.Meanwhile notice symptoms carefuly.

Dr Tahira last decade
Many many thanks for your advice. Have Rhus Tox 200c but have had to order Colosynth. Will report back in few days. Is it important which to take first?
juliemp last decade

Dr Tahira last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.