≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Attn Rishimba, Swollen tonsils in kid

Hi Rishimba/others,

Please suggest a gentle remedy for my kid. A local homeopath used to treat my daughter for the tonsils, Since one year. No benifit, every time there is a side effect - skin coming out in layers on hands and legs and feet. He used to prescribe Graphites ointment. After some time again the skin gets peeled into layers. I stopped the medicine and skin problem stopped. Also swollen tonsils were not solved since one year

We do not even know what Homeo drugs were given to her.


Female, 4 years Old.

Main problem:

Tonsils enlarged , they covered most of the throat. Right now she is not complaining pain since she was
on anitboitics till a fortnight ago. At that time she is breating with mouth, suffering with pain and
sever fever. 5 Days of antibiotics have reduced the fever. But tonsils still enlarged and blocking the

(Tonsils were observed 2 years ago)

- She is lean and medium complexion

- She looks less than her age.

- Doctor said her weight is ok, but she can put on some more weight

- Catches cold & infections easily

- Suffered with Pneumonia when she is less than one year

- She used to get a lot of digestive troubles and loose Motions and we need to give her antibiotics.

- She has a hard lump / knot on the left rib cage, last but one bone from bottom. Doctors took an X Ray
and said it could be some deformity and asked us to ignore for the time being.
(This is not there since birth. It erupted one year ago , after she was on medication for viral fever)

- Eats Chalk pieces, pencils & crayons

- Bites her elder syster with teeth and also with pierces with nails.
(Her nails grow little faster)

- Goes to bathroom frequently, when she has to go, she will run hurriedly

- Shy in front of others/strangers and will sit calmly if new people are around.
She is a very naughty girl otherwise inside the house.

- Does not like sweets.

- Does not keep cloths on.

- Shouts / Cries easily. Tears are abundant. She will roll on the floor some time crying.
If we console her & carry her, she will come back to normal mood easily.

- Now a days, she started banging her head against wall / Cot (ofcourse not very hardly)

Can you please suggesr any gentle remedy? Please let me know if any more details are needed.

  chiru71 on 2008-04-30
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I think we need to know what homoeopathic medicines are given to your daughter for better results. Try to get thesse and post if possible from your local homoeopath
Dr. Rakesh Km Lko last decade
let us wait for dr. rishimba's expert opinion, I think that Calc.Carb would help her if not given her earlier.

Mahfoozurrehman last decade
Agree with both Dr Rakesh and Dr Mahfooz. History is imp and sounds like Calc Carb.
srisri last decade
yes, calc carb will be suitable in this case.
rishimba last decade
Given that she is already treated by some one (with medicines unknown), when should i start Calc Carb and what will be the dosage?

chiru71 last decade
if she is already treated and she is doing well, its no point giving remedies to her.

if the symptoms return, you can present the same and then ask for the dosage.
rishimba last decade
Oops, i used the wrong word, treated. She was given the medicines, but never improved.

Sorry for the confusion.

Please suggest dosage.
chiru71 last decade

You do not mention yet that you tried to collect the name of previous homoeopathic medicines given by your local homoeopath. Unless we know about these information, we could not provide some useful suggestion.
Dr. Rakesh Km Lko last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.