≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Dog is dieing

I think my dog is not going to make it.

Please help.

First let me tell you how it started.

One night my dog began to not be to not be able to walk very well, he was wobbely and could not pick his feet up all the way so you could hear his toe nails being dragged on the floor (both the front and rear legs). I called the vet because I thought he was poisoned. The vet said it was probably a pinched nerve and to bring him in the next day.
After bringing him into the vet, she gave him his heartworm test and his distemper shot and put him on predinsone to reduce any swelling of a pinched nerve. After several days, there was no improvement. She said his blood work showed some abnormal liver enzymes and to stop the prednisone and to bring him in to have his liver tested. This is now 7 days later. The night before his appointment, he was less play-full and still having the same difficulties walking and getting up. But the following morning he could not move, couldn't get up at all and could only walk one or two steps with assistance. I took him into the vet and she said his blood sugar was around 35 and it should be around 180. She took x-rays to see if there was a large tumor or arthritis, but nothing showed up. While at the vet he began having tremors/seizers, so she started him on a glucose drip and fed him. The tremors stopped but then he had a major seizure. They got him to eat again and he was unable to walk but was somewhat conscious and aware. She said he most likely had a tumor on his pancreas and it was causing an overproduction of insulin. She said I needed to feed him every hour and put honey/corn syrup/etc. on his gums if he started to seize, but that there wasn't anything she could do other than treat symptoms, she would have to refer us out to Michigan State University of somewhere like that. We opted to bring him home and start him on some vitamins called Thrive, which is enzymatically active alpha juice and some other ingredients as well as another product designed to remove all the free radicals and restore ph and health to his cells and allow his cells to absorb and use the Thrive.

After bringing him home around 6pm he ate twice in two hours, and then just before he was due to eat again at 8pm he had two seizures and after that he would just stare off into space as if he was blind, he would only blink his eyes if you touched the surrounding hair. He would not eat and would not drink. He eventually lost all control of swallowing and could not keep his tounge in his mouth, I gave him lots of honey and lots of thrive on his gums. By 10 pm he began to yelp and scream out, we thought he was letting out his last breath every time, but he kept hanging on. Then around 12:30am, he had multiple seizures and it lasted at least 15 minutes. He then laid down and stopped trying to get up and just breathed. Occasionally his legs would start to move and we would just hold him. He made it through the night, what a miracle! Then this morning he rolled his body off his side and lifted his head after I rubbed some thrive on his gums. I have him teaspoon droppers of water and thrive. He seemed better. Still completely immobile and still unable to see anything but better from last night, more peaceful. I tried to get him to take a piece of dog food and he began to lap with his tongue for the first time! I then cut up some raw beef liver and fed it to him, he could not open his mouth very far and ate only with his tongue. We have proceeded with this every hour or so for the last 7 hours, he has began to pant again. I just think he wants to live, we told him it was okay to let go, and tried to give the peace to leave us, but he wants to hang on.

I have some chicken neck, heart, liver also thawing for him, but he cannot chew, so I was going to put the neck in the food processor. I have also given him some scrambled egg.

Any help would be truly appreciated. He has been with us 10 1/2 years and is a lab mix around 60 pounds.
  Sarah52 on 2008-05-28
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
First of all...I am sorry, I know it is hard to see a beloved pet in agony.
- Make sure he is getting food and water. A great diet is chicken and rice...puree it if you have to and give it to him in a soupy slurry if he'll lap it up. If it is a pinched nerve, take him to a homeopathic vet that does acupuncture and chiropractic. I have worked for both kinds of vets (traditional and eastern) and I think the combo of Naturapaths and Modern medicine is beneficial...
on a side note...there was no need for him to get his distemper vaccine either.

Find a natural vet and get him in ASAP.
hope that helps
rideswithchrist last decade
Hi Sarah, did anyone look for ticks? I don't know if this is what they are called in the U.S. They are a mite that burrows into the skin and poisons the animal. If you look under the fur you may be able to pull it out.
But the symptoms remind me of Stramonium give low in dogs 12c or 30c at most. Don't know if this will help, but a thought.
Best wishes
parachute last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.