For those asking for homeopathic advice for children less than 5yrsHello,
I see a lot of posts here from people asking for advice for their children, sometimes less than a year old.
As a father with a 2 yr old child who went through the same exercise, here is some personal advice for you (I am not a practicing homeopath, just and avid reader on homeopathy)
1. Babies/Toddlers change in matter of weeks as they evolve. This is especially true upto 5 yrs, where it is very hard to get a hold on his/her traits. Don't micro-analyze and report every cough/sneeze/anger bout.
2. you do NOT need to administer homeopathy for every nuance. They are babies, they will grow out of it. If you see something major (example, 2 weeks of constant colic), then ask for homeopathic advice. If you child is generally cranky for a few days, observe and think logically about what may be causing it than relying on magic pills or magicians here.
3. If you must seek advice, please ensure that the homeopath has enough experience at pediatrics. My personal opinion is that people here are book-worms. They read the Organon, Kent and Hering and apply it without any diversion. If you read books dedicated for pediatric treatment (there are few,one great example is by Paul Herscu - google for it), you will observer that there are quite a few differences between materia medicas of the 1800s and his/and his colleague's observations.
4. The best way is to read yourself and then talk to your homeopath. Buy books from reputed authors/practitioners and get informed.
5. Every time you get into long threads with homeopaths here, take a step back after a few weeks and read the threads. Think about it - if you are waiting for a week between each does, and have gone through 5 iterations, that is 35 days. Can you be sure that your child is really reacting positively/negatively to the medicine or is there an external factor and/or he/she is changing as part of fast growing ? This is especially true for babies/toddlers. When treatment gets this long, you have no clue whether it is natural growing or medicinal effects. For adults, with a stable body it is much easier to lock that variable. Not with infant/toddlers
So my core message - please dose your child with only what is important. Ask your colleague or close friend what they feel about a problem you are worried about. As parents we often overthink, overanalyze and overdepend on magicians to practice magic.
all the best
aske123 on 2009-01-04
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.