Absent periods - long storyHi Drs
I am 35yrs old and three years ago lost my baby due to placental abruption. Since then periods have been very erratic - when normal they are 26 days but i have gone months without one. Drs think i am peri-menopausal but think emotional stress has huge impact. Really want another baby but cant even try if not having periods/dont know when ovulation is. Please help - is sepia a good starting point?
thanks v much
Rivap on 2009-07-22
Before we come to a conclusion, first try explaining your problem a bit.
since how many months are you not having periods?
is there any associated symptoms along with this?
when ever you had periods can you explain how were they, like if there was any clots, pain etc.
did the other doctors do any investigation like an USG pelvis etc. give me a detail of it then please.
Try explaining us your sweat, like how is it and which part of the body you get sweat.
once you answer these then we will try and sort you out.
Dr. Bagyavasan.k last decade
1. on and off - its been over 6 weeks since my last one and last year I went nearly 4 months without one. Doctors think its down to high FSH which is regulated with being on the pill. when i am calm cycles seem ok but any slight emotional stress and cycles mess up.
2. other than high FSH, anxiety etc associated with not being able to conceive. no real other symptoms. night sweats only on hot nights.
3. no clots, fairly normal flow - 4-5 days from start to finish. some cycles it has been very light but this is on a short 21-23day cycle. pms symptoms: tender breasts as soon as ovulation occurs and fatigue and irritability few days prior to period starting.
4. yes been through all tests. ovarian function is low they say though size appears normal. womb fine. lining thickness is fine in a normal cycle. previous pregnancy was a natural conception and text book one. prior to that periods were irregular but never missed more than one month a year.
5. sweat only on hot nights, back of the neck, chest area and forehead. not enough to change nightclothes. nothing during the day - no hot flushes.
let me know if you need more info.
thanks a lot.
Rivap last decade
Mer Sol 30 (liquid/pellets) 406drops/pellets both in the morning and evning before food for 15 days, report after that.
But if could qualify your stress or anxiety part a bit more like what kind of stress you undergo, and how often you get anxious, what times, for what situations etc, then i can clearly cut down the remedy.
Dr. Bagyavasan.k last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.