Check your ConstitutionThis is for our fellow physicians and forum visitors who are prescribing constitutionally in this forum and seek a rough guide to narrow down the probable remedies after the first few exchanges in a thread.Patients may also refer to this narrative and check their constitutional type.
On seeing a homeopath, the patients interact as follows:
- Objective and precise description of symptoms are generally given by
Ars alb, Aurum, Causticum, Kalis, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Medorrhinum, Mercurius, Natrums, Nux, Silicea, Sulphur and Tuberculinum
- If you see the symptoms are minor and if there is a bit of hypochondriacal concern by the patient, one should think of Ars alb, Calc, Kalis, Phos, Nat mur
- Ignatia will tend to dramatize her symptoms.
- Sulphur and Phosphorus will generally exaggerate the symptoms.
- While talking about their nature and personality, the proud types will not say anything negative about themselves, like, Ars alb, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Nux, Platina, Sulphur, Natrums, Tuberculinum.
- Talking about sex, if they show reluctance in answering the questions, they are most probably Thuja or Natrums. If you see the patient is quite elaborate and enthusiastic in answering these questions, they may be either of Causticum, Ignatia, Lachesis, Medorrhinum, Mercurius, Phos, Sulphur, Argentum. Some others will be a bit shy but straightforward to the point, like, Alumina, Baryta, Calcarea, China, Kalis, Phos, Silicea, Staph.
- On asking about their sex drives, the remedies which have high sex drive are, Argentum, Hyos, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Medorrhinum, Nux, Platina and Sulphur.
- If they accept that their sexual desires are low, they may be Sepia, China or Nat Mur.
- Remedies which lack self confidence are Alumina, Argentum, Baryta, China, Graphites, Lycopodium, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Silicea and Natrums. Out of the above, Natrums lose self confidence when they are in a group of people, strangers. Baryta, Lyco, Argentum and Alumina will have low self confidence in all situations. Anticipatory anxiety associated with fear of failure will be with Argentum, Lycopodium, Silicea.
- Pulsatilla and Silicea will be shy to get close to the physician but after a few exchanges, they will shed their initial shyness whereas Baryta and China can never come out of their shell.
- We all have worries and many of our worries are justifiable to some extent. Alumina, Calcarea, Lycopodium, Kalis, Nat Carb, Phos and Sepia tend to worry about everything in their lives. Lycopodium generally worries about his work while Lachesis, Lyco and Natrums will worry about their health along with the hypochondriacs mentioned earlier. We all worry about our health to some extent but Calcarea, Natrums and Phosphorus tend to worry about others health as well. Causticum will worry about the health and happiness of the community he is living in. Arsenicum will have undue worry about financial matters and financial insecurity.
- Talking about fears and Phobias,
Lycopodium fears that his life will amount to nothing.
Nat Mur fears the situation in which he or she is not in control, like sitting in an airplane, going on a blind date etc.
Natrum, Argentum, Strammonium and Lachesis have Claustrophobia
Medorrhinum and Strammonium fear that they may go insane one day.
Some remedies are paranoid and they have a constant fee that they may be arrested or people are laughing at them or criticizing them etc. These remedies are
Anacardium, Argentum, Arsenicum, China, Hyos, Lachesis, Mercurius, Natrums, Stram, Veratrum and Thuja.
Many of us have a fear of snakes but Lachesis and Nat mur cant stand the sight of a snake even in the television.
Fear of Dark is generally associated with remedies like, Baryta, Graphites, Medorrhinum, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Stram, Nat mur, Ars Alb
Ars alb and Natrums especially fear death.
Ars alb, Calcarea and Syphilinum fear of catching contagious diseases.
Ignatia and Nat mur have similar fears that the loved ones may die or the fear of abandonment.
Some remedies dont have any kind of fear worth mentioning, they are, Causticum, Lachesis, Nux, Sulphur, Medorrhinum and Tuberculinum. It is to be noted that some Lycopodium personalities do claim that they dont have any fear but reality could be different.
- Remedies which are introvert and suffer from a barrier in relating to others are Natrums, Alumina, Ars alb, Aurum, Ignatia, Kalis, Lycopodium, Mercurius, Sepia, Staph and Thuja.
- Guilt feelings are mostly expressed by Natrum Mur, Lachesis and Thuja out of which Natrum Mur also feels that he / she may be responsible for others.
- Ars Alb, Silicea and Nux like perfection in their work and thus their posts also would be complete and to the point.
- On being asked if they feel angry or get angry easily, the following would answer in the affirmative:
Alumina, Ars alb, Ignatia, Lachesis, Mercurius, Nat Mur, Nux, Sepia, Sulphur, Syphilinum, Strammonium, Thuja, Tuberculinum, Veratrum
The reasons for getting angry could vary, while some of them are very commonly seen;
Untidiness Ars alb
Unreliable people- Ars alb
Someone who gets in the way of their plans Nux , Sulphur
Men, who give orders Sepia
Restriction Tuberculinum, Lachesis
On probing if the anger comes suddenly or gradually, a categorization can be made;
Sudden anger is felt by Alumina, Anac, Ignatia, Lachesis, Nux, Mercurius, Sepia, Sulphur, Stram and Veratrum.
- Profession can tell a lot about the psychology of the patient;
On asking if the profession is chosen by will and if the patient is really liking his job, a fair idea can be made on the homeopathic psychology of the person.
Administrative positions are held mostly by Ars alb and Natrum Mur
Calcarea will go for Mechanic, Clerical or Secretarial job as they dont want to stress themselves to their limits.
Scientific and Engineering / Medical positions are held by Lycopodium. They will also go for salesmen, businessman and teaching.
If you come across an artist, he / she would most probably be a Lachesis, Natrum Mur, Phosphorus, Sepia, Ignatia, Silicea or Medorrhinum
Head of Organisations or top businessmen are generally Nux or Sulphur because of their intelligence and burning desire to have a command over others.
Sepia will go for nursing, physiotherapy or any healing profession.
Pulsatilla will be a housewife and be happy to raise kids or would take up a profession of a baby sitter or equivalent.
Tuberculinum always seeks mental and physical stimulation & adventure in his job and gets bored easily. He will change many professions and places in his career.
- Talking about suspicion, Ars alb is the most suspicious of all and he / she will keep on asking several questions about the qualification of the homeopath, about ones health issues, treatment procedure etc.
Causticum is a born humanitarian and he has a high sense of social justice. He will be always leading a group for a good cause and have empathy towards people.
Hope this was interesting to read and relate to one's day to day learning on the various remedy psychologies.
I would appreciate your feedback or comments and welcome physicians to contribute to know if there are other common attributes in remedies which have been missed out.
♥ rishimba on 2009-08-16
♡ brisbanehomoeopath last decade
After reading this article now i can understand why you have designed a new Questionnaire. But don't you think that the prescribers will lose sight of physical symptoms if they follow this approach. i still find your earlier Questionnaire more comprehensive and holistic. May be, i will take more time to understand what you are saying.
Thanks and Regards.
♡ kadwa last decade
I analysed the earlier questionnaire critically and found out that the mental history part was not addressed adequately. Thus, my new questionnaire would actually suppliment the earlier one. Its true that the earlier one is more comprehensive and easier to work with.
♡ rishimba last decade
i agree this is not exhaustive and there are many other remedies which may have similar mentals..
in india, the new provings are not that common and they are not yet in the shelves.
Can you suggest a materia medica and repertory which contains these new provings.
♡ rishimba last decade
I make it a priority to keep up with all the new provings as much as possible. It has been a common experience for me to have difficult cases that may have puzzled me for years, to be solved by a new remedy.
♡ brisbanehomoeopath last decade
At the same time brisbandhomeopath's comment was quite appropriate though we must understand that not everything can be included otherwise discussing every fine point would amount to entire homeopathy course.
Here the topic/post is giving a very broad general idea from which one has to pick up a 'general' way and style but refine it or fine-tune it further for an accurate prescription and even perhaps deviate considerably from those thumb rules whenever required scientifically to stick to the key laws and principles of homeopathy. Yes that must be done.
I give another example where the statements in the first post cannot be take like 'law'. I have a high similarity with Ars. Alb. and have been prescribed and I have benefitted too. Now take this description
'Talking about suspicion, Ars alb is the most suspicious of all and he / she will keep on asking several questions about the qualification of the homeopath, about ones health issues, treatment procedure etc.
While due to my fears and continuous failures to find a good homeopath in my city inclines me to ask several questions to a new homeopath to confirm if he/she is good, still, I am not a suspicious person at all. But you cannot outright say, '...he is not Ars. then if he is not very suspicious....'
So, care has to be taken.
I remember a small book 'Homeopathic vibrations , A guide for natural healing' by David Dancu. It is less known but a very good book. It is pointed out by author that some prescribers classify and depend too much in prescribing by 'personality' types. While it may be helpful one must try to find out the similimum based on 'totality'.
So, a good discussion thread after all.
[message edited by sci_spi on Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:49:07 CST]
sci_spi last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.