≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

teething medicine for infants

Our son is 3 months old, and he is teething..! We want to give him teething homeopathic medicine for the pain.
Our concern is the white stuff that the medicine is made of. Hyland's brand contains lactose. How will lactose ingredient will affect our baby? I hear that animal lactose has a bad reputation, and might cause allergies, if introduced in early infancy. Please give us you advise. Thank you. -V
  porotito on 2009-08-23
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Our medicines are indeed placed upon milk sugar. I have never seen anyone react to these pills, but if you are concerned, dissolve one in a cup of water and give only a teaspoon of this water to your child. That should be diluted enough to prevent a reaction.

These allergies only happen in children who's health is out of balance. Children become stronger when treated well with homoeopathy, not weaker and will not develop those kind of problems.
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
Btw, are you using a combination remedy? That in fact can cause problems - it is better to use single remedies for teething (Cham is a good one but there are others, selected on the basis of the child's temprement and/or the symptoms that are occuring at the same time as the teeth coming through).
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
bio chemic no 21 is the best two tabs dissolved in one table spoon of water twice daily till teething
akshaymohl last decade
Thank you for your advise! Will post later what worked for us.
porotito last decade
You would be better off not using combination remedies of any sort, but single remdies.

David Kempson
Professional Homoeopath
brisbanehomoeopath last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.