i am seeking help for getting off Rivotril (benzodiazepines Class of antidepressants). This was prescribed to me 7 years back and since then have been taking it continously.
The neurologist had prescribed it for muscle contraction headache and anxiety. I used to get contant pain in my shoulders, neck and head and a very anxious person.
I now hear horror stories about the withdrawal symptoms that i may get seizures during the de-addiction and its a very difficult process.
I guess a medicine that will help control the withdrawal symptoms while I get off the drug and then remedies that would help control my aches and pains, sleep, anxiety etc.
PLEASE HELP ME...I am not able to have a baby and am now 36 as i was told that it may affect the kid.
Please do help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks and GOD Bless!
Homeohelp on 2009-11-27
If you are ready to provide all your details a remedy that covers all your symptoms may be worked out for you. For doing that you should copy both the questionnaires from the following thread and paste all questions here duly answered. Please note that the effectiveness of remedy selection depends on the quality of details you provide. Please note that mental symptoms are very significant for arriving at a remedy. Please don't think that they are not relevant as your problems are physical.
♡ kadwa last decade
Anxiety, Headaches(controlled by Rivotril),Sad,Living in hope,Gone through lots of mental trauma since a tenager, feel life has been unfair to me,dont like criticism, hate contradictions....a changed person due to too many set backs in life.
2. Write an essay on yourself as a person. Describe your nature, likes and dislikes, fears and dreams, your ambition in life, your inner-most desires, your place in society etc.
I feel the person I was as a child or while growong up is gone,used to get angry have now controlled it,fear i may never get cured and fear that I have a bleak future, Ambition: would have loved to be a doctor or astrologer but health is consuming me..would love to set up my own practice of holistic center...and i dream of having a kid(which with my health and addiction to allopathy might never happen). i feel jealous and envious that why all girls have everyhing and why God has been unfair to me.
3. What is your profession? Do you enjoy yourself at work? Is it a profession you have willingly chosen? If not, what would it be as per your choice?
profession: computer engineer
I don't enjoy my work...presently am not working. given a choice i would be a doctor or astrologer or even a homeopath.
4. What would you like to change in your personality, if at all?
Worry about future, tendency to remember the past, tendency to not be able to relax as I am constantly working to make my life better...get back my old self that laughed out loud. I hardly laugh now...my life's setbacks (personal, professional, health) have totally changed me.
5. Please pick out the adjectives which best describe your personality;
Nervous, Anxious, Shy, Worrying, Paranoid, Proud, Asocial, Guilty, Depressed, Hypochondriac, Untidy, Weepy, Emotional, Impractical, Confused, Suspicious, Jealous, Timid, Aggressive, Headstrong, Forgetful, Follower, Insecure, Immature, Impulsive, Rigid, Restless, Feminine.
Nervous, Anxious,Worrying,Depressed,Emotional,Confused,Suspicious,Jealous,Forgetful,Insecure,Rigid, restless
Anything else you would like to add?
6. Did you have any bereavement in life? If yes, how has it affected you?
Mentally--Insecure, no confidence in self and on life,anxious, Sad, Afraid,
Physical--GERD, Constipation,Frequent urination,Hair fall, dark circles,put on weight (dont know if due to benzos), 2 years back developed Slip Disc---its slightly cured but that also changed my life style.
7. Do you often suffer from depression? If so, do you prefer company or solitude during those times?
I prefer company of people who would listen to me and not sit there and criticise me or contradict me and give me advice my mind does not agree to. i prefer to to be all alone i prefer someone to be in the house although i stay to myself and do my stuff. i dont sit amongst people, as my mind is always occupied by my problems and how to solve it.
8. Do you get angry often? If not, do you feel the anger inside at least? What are the things / issues on which you get angry the most?
I do get angry...but since I am presently not in a situatio to say anything i close the door to myself and feel very bad. some times i feel like running away. i dont like to be controlled..i feel they do that since they are in a better situation than me.I have become very sensitive and get hurt very fast.
9. Did you have any issues regarding your parenting by your guardians?
Homeohelp 9 years ago
GENERAL SYMPTOMS (Related to you in person)
Age: Sex: Built: Occupation:
1. Do you have any strange, rare, peculiar, unusual or personal symptom, feeling or a recurring thought?
Feel people are talking about me and making fun of me. People tell me i tend to talk the same thing again and again...also while reading i go over the same excel sheet again and again feeling that i have forgotten some thing, or am missing something. Even if i am occupied every minute of the day i feel i dont have enough time....cannot sit back and relax as mind is constantly occupied.
2. Write down all your marked mental symptoms taking the guidelines as suggested below:
- Deliriums, Hallucinations, Fancies or Illusions.
- Dominant emotions in your temperament ( depressed, angry, shame, jealous, absent mindedness, fickle mindedness, hurry, agreeable, arguing, moody, suspicion, others.. etc )
Depressed,Jealous,Anxious, sad, angry with life, Forgetful---have to write everything and keep reading it again and again.
- Your fears and recurring dreams.
Fear that I will be alone in the wrold, fear that i will have no money, Fear that will never be cured, will never live a normal life like all other girls, fear of future
- Loss in memory if at all (names, words, streets etc.)
Names, words, streets ...all
- Propensities ( tendency to do/think about a certain act)
3. Your response to changes in environment
- Feel worse in the morning / afternoon / evening / night.
Morning wake up anxious and sad that my life is a waste. take anti anxiety pill then feel a bit better. Rest cannot decide when i feel better and when not.
- Feel worse in cold or hot weather / climates.
- Feel worse in stormy or calm weather.
- Feel worse in dry or damp weather.
- Feel worse in motion / touch / jar / any particular position.
Worse Motion...back pain aggravates, feel tired and exhausted.
- Feel worse in bright light / loud sound / sharp smell etc.
Don't like bright light, Loud sound. Smell is okay. i dislike even the TV going on loud or people talking loudly.
4. What are your cravings and aversions in food?
- Cravings: Eggs, Tea,Chalk(used to have a lot of it), Paneer
- Aversions: Dry Food..like dry bread, pretzels,biscuit. Also Chena from which is made ras gulla, chumchum etc. I like other sweet things like chicklates, pastries , ice creams etc though.
5. Describe your menstrual affections ( if any )
Presently normal.Started at age 13 and i went thru trauma at that time,,,could not accept the change in me.
- symptoms before / during / after
During--Lethargy and abdominal pain
Before and after (especially after)-- Headaches
- early / late
- scanty / excessive
6. Write down the diseases running in your family.
Diabetes,Cholesterol and Heart problem,Acidity,Back and Joint Pain,Leukemia(bro)
7. Write down if you notice any abnormality with your sleep, hunger, thirst and bowel movements.
Am able to sleep due to the tranqulizer.
Hunger, normal..prefer spicy food with rice etc but control for weight management.
Bowel Movements-- Constipated use Prunes or Cleanse meds.
8. What are the various diseases which you have suffered from in your life and do you think your present illness is having a relation to the disease or after effects of the drugs taken during the time.
Earlier-- GERD, Severe Headaches,Insomnia,Anxiety,urine infection, neck and shoulder pain,constipation,Sore throat,Sinusitis etc
Presently am much better but for the anxiety,depression,constipation,Slip disc and Clonazepam addiction.
Case Taking Sheet Part - 2
PARTICULAR SYMPTOMS (Related to the parts affected in your body)
9. Do you have any strange, rare, peculiar, unusual or personal symptom, feeling or a recurring pain in the affected parts?
Pain in the lower back L4-L5 and L5-S1. Pain in shoulders and neck.
10. Describe your physical sufferings in the specific locations.
Sometimes pain goes down the leg (left or right). Pain increases if sit continously or exert by climbing stairs or driving a lot.
11. How does the suffering / pain get aggravated or ameliorated with the changing environment as suggested below:
- Time ( morning, afternoon, evening, night)
Evening and night worse due to the exertion through out the day.
- Hot, cold, dry and wet environments.
Worse in COLD and WET weather. Prefer Hot DRy weather.
- Touch, pressure, motion, jar, position, rubbing etc.
12. Do you think there is a specific pattern of occurance of the suffering with regard to time, period or any internal biological changes in the body?
Increases when i exert myself mentally or physically.
Homeohelp 9 years ago
Would really appreciate if any of your expoerienced practitioners could either help thru the site or could have a one on one consultation with me.
I pray someone responds.
Homeohelp 9 years ago
I Can understand this may be lengthy and NOT clear however i was asked to go thru the link given below and fill out the TWO forms. I spent a log time and filled out the 2 forms.
Please let me know if there is anything else i should be doing or anyother info i should be providing.
Homeohelp 9 years ago
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
Thanks again for your advice.
Homeohelp 9 years ago
Do you get 'Bump's' with all the patients out there seeking help?
Would have been nice if you would have specified what was soo confusing instaed of getting / sending BUMPS!
Are you having 'FUN' and getting a 'KICK' out of the pains and troubles people post in the forum?
Homeohelp 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.