Tonsilitis?/Stuffed up nose = sleep apneaHello,
I am a 25 year old white male of British descent (fair skinned, light freckles, blue eyes).
I have been having trouble sleeping at night, partly due to troublesome dreams, partly due to restricted airways.
My tonsils are enlarged and restrict my breathing at night. I don't think it is tonsilitis because they are still normal colored after a long time, no sores or tenderness. Actually my doctor gave me Calc Carb (200c in two doses, then 12x twice a day for weeks), and one of them is pretty much back to normal. The one on the right is still large, maybe a little smaller now, but not getting any better after months. I don't know if they were always that large or if they got that big because of the mononucleosis I had when I was about 20-21 years old in college.
I think the Calc Carb helped with my sinuses as well because I haven't had any sinus infections or clogging of my Eustachian tube like I would in the winter of every other year. I still have to blow my nose every day (I use a neti pot too) but its not runny or completely stopped up. It's just like there's a permanent film of mucus in my nose. Boogers can be a problem too. I also have to frequently hauck from the throat (probably around the tonsils or vocal cord area). This usually happens after brushing my teeth or while running. The mucus from that is usually translucent or really light colored, not yellow or brown.
(This post contains an image. To view the image, please log on.)
bastiat on 2010-01-06
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Fatigue, feeling 'out of it', sleep not refreshing, not feeling alert or intellectually quick. I have to constantly double check my work to make sure I didn't space out while doing it.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Slow bowel movements, possibly hemorrhoids, mild acne (probably from drooling in my sleep at night), contracted testicles (pulled up more than usual), enlarged right tonsil, mucus in the sinuses
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Feel not in control because I am tired and out of it. Can't take control of situations. Low confidence.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Like I'm not really in control, that I'm watching a movie because everything almost seems surreal. Don't want to interact socially.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It probably started around middle school. I remember starting to feel tired around that time and become socially withdrawn. I don't think I noticed it as much in college because I was able to sleep in or just thought I was hungover, etc.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
In the morning and in the late afternoon after work.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
I don't the cold. Sunshine puts me in a good mood.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I like hot weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I can be quiet, mild and agreeable.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I like thunderstorms.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
I have to have complete darkness to get a decent night's sleep.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
I like taking apart pens and remote controls, pulling stickers off of bottles, etc.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Everyone in my family is crazy except my brother. My parents are hoarders (like the TV Show 'Hoarders'). I don't have a girlfriend. I love my friends.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear failure and being rejected, being made fun of. I frequently dream of graduation nearing and remembering that there are classes I haven't even attended or done any work for to graduate on time. Losing my cellphone or an important possession is common as well. Being in public without an important piece of clothing such as my pants, etc.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I crave sweets and carbs (grains).
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Slightly above normal.
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Normal. Sweat at night sometimes, infrequently. Trunk sweats the most.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Slow, lots of wiping. Small and hard I guess.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I like my back or roll to the side/stomach on top of the pillow I hold at night.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
No, I live at home and have been extremely sexually frustrated. Same applies to before college. College I had moderate success, but still not satisfied.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I feel like I am better at seeing the big picture, that I 'get it' sometimes. Other times I feel aloof.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I took antimonium crudum for warts on my hands and it cured them. Took Carb Calc for the sinus and tonsil problem and it improved greatly but didn't finish the job.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
None that I am aware of.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
6 foot 1 inch. Medium build, fair skin with light freckles, blue eyes, light/reddish brunette hair
bastiat last decade
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.