potency and repetition diff viewsHi,
I follow potencies below 30C in acute and above 3 and including 30C in chronic cases
I follow one remedy at a time approach (acc to organon)
In very chronic cases i follow 200C daily and 1 M dose per week.
pls suggest if some one has differance of opinion.
zafer_sm on 2010-01-19
♡ Mahfoozurrehman last decade
Pointers on the potency and repetition in a nut shell are as below:
1. For physical and pathology based prescriptions 6 and 30c are good choices. Where mentals are dominant potencies above 200c are more appropriate.
2. Prescription should also keep age and vitality in perspective. Young and/or those with good vitality can take higher potencies well. The old and/or those with low vitality shold be treated/ palliated with lower potencies.
3. Potency should also consider the velocity of the disturbance (disease). Severe cold & fever (even if acute) may need 200c.
4. Finally the nature of the remedy should be kept in mind. Poisons should be prescribed in 30c and above in general.
5. A remedy should not be repeated if the previous dose is still working or without waiting for a reasonable period.
Problems with your approach:
Potencies are not classified as acute and chronic by the masters. An acute delirious case may need Bell/ Hyos 1/10M for instance.
Also the masters never suggested preset repetitions. Neither in acute nor in chronic.
srisri last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.