Hands going bloodless / numb during sleepHi,
My hands (sometimes both or sometimes one) are going bloodless every night when I sleep. After waking up I have to do some movement and they come back to normal in 15 - 30 mins period but since there is no blood in hands during sleep, I can feel weakness / pain in hands during the day. This numbness extends to the whole arm sometimes. Also, sometimes my feet are also showing same symptoms. Along with this, sometimes my one side of the body (specially face - cheek and forehead - one side) also goes numb during sleep and comes back to normal during the day. Is this a carpel or cubic tunnel syndrome ? Can you please suggest a remedy in homeopathy for this. I got my vitamin B12 test done and it was normal.
hellodoc on 2010-03-23
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
Patient ID: hellodoc Sex: Male Age: 28
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
My hands (sometimes both or sometimes one) are going bloodless every night when I sleep. After waking up I have to do some movement and they come back to normal in 15 - 30 mins period but since there is no blood in hands during sleep, I can feel weakness / pain in hands during the day. This numbness extends to the whole arm sometimes. Also, sometimes my feet are also showing same symptoms. Along with this, sometimes my one side of the body (specially face - cheek and forehead - one side) also goes numb during sleep and comes back to normal during the day. During the day I feel coldness in some of my body parts e.g lower leg/s, one eye(left) or face , as if not enough blood circulation is there.
I got my Blood pressure checked and it varies between 80-90 for lower and 120-130 for upper. I feel a congestion (sometimes) in the chest left hand side but in the doctor's checkup they dont see any issue as such. Recently I got my comprehensive matabolic panel test done along with Vitamin B12 and thyroid function test and all were normal.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Other than I have fungus in my toe nails and I recently started homeopathic medicine for that. I am not aware of the details of those medicine because i got them from a homeopathic doctor in india.
I was tested +ve for typhoid 2 months ago because i used to have fever feeling all the time. I got alopathic medicine for the same (usual antibiotic course) and also got some homeopathic medicine (from same doc) so that typhoid dont revive again.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
As such no mental suffrings but i feel easily anxited over any thing which is not very normal and feels like blood circulation is not very good. Due to this sometimes I feel my penis contracted as well. Just the only feeling of not having good blood ciculation worries me.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
The worst as of today is the time when i wake up in the morning or middle of night with bloodless body parts and I have to do movements to get back to normal.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It started almost a year back. I am not able to connect to any event as such but i remember i was doing a lot of gym during that time (cardio exercise and some moderate weight lifting with some crunches). I think this numbness started sometime during that time and I stopped going to gym after that.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
In the morning when I wake up because hands , arm/s, or one side of the body is numb (bloodless)
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Aggravete - May be same posture for long time e.g. sleep
Ameliorate - Movement
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
No, I do not think so as such. I have been in current place from quite some time.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I feel better in moderate weather. Very or cold weather both I do nt feel very gud.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am moody, mild, agreeable, quiet and little perfectionist
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? - I feel excited
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? - Yes
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? - Not a lot, I am very accomodating by nature
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc? - Nope, I do not have anything like that in particular
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? - I am very connected, concerned and emotional abt them.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I have a little fear from height. Very seldomly I dream of weightlessness or falling.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I like sweet but not in large quantities. I do not like very salty foods. Rather I generally prefer less than normal salt levels in my food. I dont like very spicy / chilli in my food items.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Normal but feel thirst regularly and have dry lips
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Spicy or too much fatty food
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
I sweat during eating in my head (if its spicy then i sweat a lot in head). I sweat during anxiety between my arms and ribs area.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Bowel movement has not been very good lately specially after typhoid. Stool type - Dis-integrated
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I used to sleep gud but not very long times. Generally i used to sleep 6 hours max in a day. But lately i keep waking up in night due to this blood circulation issue in hands / arms. I like to sleep on my right side a lot but generally its some side rather than straight.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
I am single.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I am mostly general no exceptions as such but i am more responsible in nature as compared to same age group.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I explained it earlier about Typhoid (got that 2 times in last 3 years). Medication for that was antibiotics but i dont think that these symptoms were result of its medication.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Nothing in particular as such.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
I am 5'6' wheatish fair, 165 pounds with average body
hellodoc last decade
hellodoc last decade
If there is no improvement after 8 days of stopping the remedy, please take three doses of Lycopodium 30c at a gap of 4 hours for only two days and report back after 15 days.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
Please read my posts on the breathing exercises called as Anulom Vilom Pranayam and Kapalbhati Pranayam by following the links given below. Please practise these pranayams regularly for half an hour preferably in a garden early in the morning. You may practise at any other convinient time. The only restriction that you have to follow is not to do these exercises within 4 hours after meals. You can have meals not within 15 minutes after finishing these exercises.
Please don't take silicea 6x on the day you take lyco.
♡ kadwa last decade
One clarification, I started the remedy for nail fungus just 1 month ago but the numbness problem has been there since 9 months atleast.
Do you still recommend to stop homeo remedy for nail fungus ?
hellodoc last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.