Social Anxiety and Stage Fear/Anticipation anxietyI am 35yr. old male. I have 2 main issues:
Issue 1: I am over sensitive to what people say to me (not necessarily criticism, could be just passing a casual remark/joke about me - even with friends, I get hurt very easily). As a result I avoid social events / situations completely and prefer to stay alone. When hurt I tend to brood / dwell a lot on these thoughts (ex: how I could have reacted / should react in similar situations when dealing with that person, etc.) and that is disturbing to me, causes palpitations.
Issue 2: I make regular presentations at work often in front of an audience of as large 40 people. I suffer from stage fear and become nervous during the presentation (light tremors to hand, sweat on forehead and sometimes on palms, palpitations, drop things, speak fast, and little forgetful of the stuff that I have to present due to the fact that people are watching / judging me. I also tend to be nervous the previous day if I am to present the next day in anticipation (anticipatory anxiety).
Following are some additional symptoms that might be useful for providing remedy:
* I am very sensitive to sound (also have a very light sleep and sleep gets disturbed with the slightest of sounds)
* I am slightly sensitive to smell
* I am NOT sensitive to light or touch
* I am NOT sensitive to heat or cold
* I have constipation tendency but due to the anticipation of the presentations / social anxiety (when such events are to occur soon) I tend to pass stools normally (no diarrehea, but slightly loose than I normally do).
* I have no particular cravings for either sweet or salty foods.
* I do feel very thirsty at all times, but hunger is normal.
* I lack confidence (I do not have an inferiority complex at all though, but in general lack confidence)
* I am very introspective
* I feel hurried (I walk hurriedly / fast, even normally)
* My grasping power (when reading / studying) and concentration is low (as a result I have to read the same thing multiple times before I understand it - that consumes lot of time)
* I sleep very well (i.e. I have no problems sleeping at night)
* I do not feel weak at all
* I do not really get angry due to my anxiety. I am a good listner.
* Overall I have a positive frame of mind, but not at all a social person
So far for the stage fear and anticipatory anxiety I have tried Aconite (30c) by itself, Angentum nitricum (30c) by itself, and Gelsemium (30c) by itself, and have not found any relief from them at all.
I request a homeopathic remedy for my issues. Please help me.
ashish1t on 2010-03-27
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.