≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum



Remedy Finder:




Similar posts:

Alternative Medicine & Holistic Treatment of Phimosis, Paraphimosis, and BXO (Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans), Swolen, Closed or Sleightly Tight Prepuce, Unable to Retract... Use Homeopathy. 1Balanitis Xerotica obliterans-BXO 1


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

bxo (balanitis xerotica obliterans)

i am 90 years old male suffering from bxo. underwent surgery and having seperate urine passage under the penis. difficulty in passing urine and severe burning while urinating. once a week i go for dilatation. kindly find some medicine to minimise urine burning.
  doulat on 2010-03-31
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I was concerned to note that at age 90 you had to undergo surgery for BXO. I had never read any reference to this ailment and I checked it out on Wikipedia and if you have not already read it you are invited to do so ASAP.

Here is the first paragraph on BXO on:

Balanitis_xerotica_obliterans " rel="nofollow noopener" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanitis_xerotica_obliterans

Balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO) is a dermatological (skin) condition affecting the male genitalia. It was first described by Stuhmer in 1928, though earlier reports describe what may have been the same condition.[1] BXO commonly occurs on the foreskin and glans penis.[2] Atrophic white patches appear on the affected area,[3] and commonly, a whitish ring of indurated (hardened) tissue usually forms near the tip that may prevent retraction.[2]

On the basis of the above report I cannot understand the reason why you:

'underwent surgery and having seperate urine passage under the penis. difficulty in passing urine and severe burning while urinating. once a week i go for dilatation'.

I am not a doctor and do not have any clinical experience other than what I have read or observed in Human Biology and Physiology. I have always maintained that one lives to learn and at my age of 80+ years I am yet in that process.

You have stated:
'kindly find some medicine to minimise urine burning.'

The burning sensation you experience may be due to some infection in the bladder which you will have to take some antibiotic which I presume that your surgeon would have given you. The AB of choice is Ciprofloxacin 500 taken twice daily and if you have not taken this AB you can inquire from your doctor if this can help you. I have observed that doctors in Sri Lanka where I live do not consider giving a full dose of an AB as all they are interested in is the immediate result from taking an AB when the patient usually feels relief in a day or two after taking the AB. They fail to realize that in the case of Urinary infections which involve any burning sensation, this is usually due to the growth of the bacteria which have to be eliminated by taking the AB for at least a week.

I have helped many patients who were incontinent with Arnica 30c in the Wet dose and you can use it and see if it can help you too. You can take a Capful 3 times daily and report your response on the day after you take the first dose.
Joe De Livera last decade
You may take three doses of Cantharis 30c at a gap of 4 hours for only one day (not daily) and see whether it helps in your symptoms in the next 7 days.

One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.

Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
kadwa last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.