12 years of IBS, trapped gas and bowel noisesHi Dr,
I have had bowel issues for the last 12 years. I am 31 years old now and can't take it anymore.
I have unformed stools, never able to empty in one sitting..have to go atleast 4-5 times in the morning still I don't feeling empty. I don't get diarrea but stools are mushy, come out with a lot of air and mucous.
During the day I feel heavy on the left side under the ribs...and start feeling bloated. I feel bloated and when I go to the bathroom nothing happens. A major issue is that I get a lot of bowel noises which I believe is trapped wind that I am unable to expel because it doesn't come out...this causes a lot of noises. This is driving me crazy as I have to sit in meetings in silent situations and it gets very embarrassing at work or in social situations. Everyday I have thoughts of quitting my job. It seems as thoughts everything converts into wind and starts to make noises in my stomach, intestines and I get very edgy...I constantly feel bloated as if I am 3 months pregnant and all this has been driving my life so much. This causes me a lot of depression at times but then I motivate myself that I will find something and soon I will be well.
I want to get relief from this and lead a normal life. Your advice is really appreciated.
tania01 on 2010-06-12
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
1. Describe your main suffering?
I have had bowel issues for the last 12 years.
I have unformed stools, never able to empty in one sitting..have to go atleast 4-5 times in the morning still I don't feeling empty. I don't get diarrea but stools are mushy, come out with a lot of air and mucous. Sometimes I have to go during the day and only mucous come out.
After meals, I feel heavy on the left side under the ribs...and start feeling bloated. A major issue is that I get a lot of bowel noises which I believe is trapped wind that I am unable to expel because it doesn't come out...this causes a lot of noises. This is driving me crazy as I have to sit in meetings in silent situations and it gets very embarrassing at work or in social situations. Everyday I have thoughts of quitting my job. It seems as thoughts everything converts into wind and starts to make noises in my stomach, intestines and I get very edgy...I constantly feel bloated as if I am 3 months pregnant and all this has been driving my life so much. This causes me a lot of depression at times but then I motivate myself that I will find something and soon I will be well.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
I was recently diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome..
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Because of the stomach noises I have to avoid social situations and that makes me very depressed. And there are situations that I cant avoid like meetings at work and that make me very anxious. But if I am feeling better in my stomach, I dont feel anxious.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
That I should quit my job
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It started when I joined college, I was 18 about 12 years ago . I cant remember.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Sometimes it is early morning..sometime after lunch and sometimes evening. These noises are so random that I cannot pin point.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
That I will be in an enclosed silent room with people and they will hear these noises. Just this thought drives me crazy
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
No but the symptoms do aggravate more during menstruation
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Dont feel any different. Although I love fresh air.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am generally laid back and happy go lucky
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Feel gratitude that I have so many lovely people in my life
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I am generally fearless but I worry about these noises when I am at work because I am surrounded by people and it is embarrassing
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Nothing in particular
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Nothing that I know off
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
As described above - I have unformed stools, never able to empty in one sitting..have to go atleast 4-5 times in the morning still I don't feeling empty. I don't get diarrea but stools are mushy, come out with a lot of air and mucous. Sometimes I have to go during the day and only mucous come out.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I was put on antibiotics 3 years ago and 8 years ago too..I dont remember the name
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
I am 56 about 62 kg..medium build
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
Genrally 7-10 days late last for 4-5 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Yes lot of pain, cramps during periods
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
Normal to excessive
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
tania01 last decade
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
I took pulsatilla 2 days ago. How long would it take to show some effects?
Do I need to take one more dose?
tania01 last decade
♡ kadwa last decade
I have just read your post and am holding out hope that you have found a solution to your problem. I have pretty much the exact same problem. I have been suffering with it for years. The biggest issue is the horrible noises that are causing me so much stress. I have the pain/discomfort under the left rib, horrible gas and bloating. Also interesting to note is that i also have Polycistic ovaries. Have you managed to find any answers/solutions yet? I have been to so many doctors that either tell me theres nothing wrong or it's in my head. I am starting to give up hope of ever feeling 'normal'.
Over-it last decade
I am also facing the exact same thing except i dont have polycystic ovaries. I took carbveg200 for 14 days it didnt really help. what is the solution?
sarah123 7 years ago
Your case has to be taken to give you solutions- every person
could have a different remedy for this- the remedy has to match
your specific set up, mentally, physically, emotionally and what makes
you feel better and worse.
In the meantime, I think you need to:
A. Start probiotics to repopulate your gut with the right bacteria.
If you have candida, they overtake the gut flora and digestion will not
be right. You can order probiotics online or find them in CVS and
many places. You have to experiment with brands to see what
works well with your system.
B. You need to change your diet, stick with protein and vegetables
and cut out sugar- candida live on sugar, cut way down on carbs.
You can look at candida diets online.
C. I would google and find a doctor or lab that will test your stool
for pinworms , and another parasite that comes in thru pinworms.
it is called D. Fragilis. I have been reading about this bc many people
who have SIBO and IBS really have D Fragilis. It is not diagnosed correctly
bc you have to have 3 stool samples and put a 'fixing' agent on them
otherwise the D Fragilis does not show up.
D. If you want to work with Kadwa,
do a new post- ask for him in the headline- leave it open until he replies.
Ask him to click your name and look at your other threads to see your
history.. he is not on here daily and he looks for the white boxes that are
♡ simone717 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.