Hypothyroid and Dr. Reckeweg R19Hello:
I am 29, male, and a hypothyroid patient from the past 3-4 years. My symptoms include tiredness, lathargy, and low energy levels. I have been prescribed Synthroid. Recently I increased the dosage to 50 MCG in morning and evening and my symptoms got little better. However, I don't want to be on this mediciation due to the known side affects.
I found about Dr. Reckeweg R19 on WebMD forums and its my second day on it. I ham taking 15 drops three times a day. I will appreciate if I can be told about this medication and if there is another option I can try.
lifeisgood1 on 2010-07-01
I also did some research on the formula of R19 and found it consists of:
-Glandulae Suprarenales or Adrenal gland
-Glanduale Thumi or Thymus Gland
-Hypophysis or Pituitary gland
-Thyreoidinum which is Dried Thyroid Gland of the Sheep
I will update this thread in few days. If any of the doctors have recommendations for me, I will really appreciate that.
lifeisgood1 last decade
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis we would be in a better position to monitor as to how R-19 is working for you.
While giving future updates you may report progress for your each significant symptom on the scale of 1-10.
♡ kadwa last decade
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Low energy levels, fatigued, and lifeless at times. I have extremely dry skin, blisters in the inner side of fingers that comes and go, have nail fungus that is not going away, white coating on the tongue. Blood test showed elevated levels of TSH reaching 4+. Thyroid sonogram showed a normal thyroid gland. My cholestrol and lipid levels are all elevated.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Seasonal allergies, joint pain
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I am not fresh and motivated as I used to be before. I have gained 20 LB of weight since this problem started in 2005. I have a healthy eating habbits, workout 3-5 times a week for 1.5 hrs including weight training and cardio and not see any weight loss.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
I feel disturbed.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
In year 2005. I had to work 12-13 hours a day at times. Not past events or disease.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Evening after 05:00. I have to take an hour nap to feel like doing something,
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
If I skip medications
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I feel better in hot weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Everyone who is connected to me is valuable and I respect all of them
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
I sweat heavily even after taking shower. Sweating is in the head
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
I have to take psylium to maintain regular bowel movement
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I try to take 6-7 hours of sleep but I wake up 1-2 times to pee.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
No. I cannot last more than couple of minutes since this whole thing started
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I don't think that I am different.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Synthroid. It does increase my heartbeat.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
I am 5'6, 180 LB, slightly overweight.
lifeisgood1 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.