≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Alternative to cerenia for ailing cat

My cat is suffering kidney failure and I have to give SubQ fluids daily. The vet put her on cerenia injections to keep her stomach calm so she can eat which I give every other day with the fluids but it's expensive and I would prefer to treat this issue naturally. Without this med, she has problems keeping food down. I don't think I can offer any more information because this is for an animal.

Thank you,

  annestacey on 2010-07-02
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Please give her Arsenicum Album 30c thrice a day for 3 days and see how she responds during these days and few days after that.

One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to give pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 1 drop in some 20 ml water.
kadwa last decade
Thanks for that information. I did purchase the remedy and concerned about her spitting them out. I'll try using the piller device but I'm wondering if the pills can be dissolved in a little water and given by syringe?
annestacey last decade
I gave the recommended treatment for 3 days but on the 4th days she became ill and the vomiting returned so I had to give her a cerenia injection. Not sure what to do at this point so I have to return to the cerenia injections. I am willing to try alternate remedies.

annestacey last decade
You may continue with Ars Alb 30c thrice a day daily if that helps.
kadwa last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.