Severe migraines desperate for helpI have suffered from migraines for the last 14 years and am 32 now.
I control them using Zomig (triptan) when I feel an attack coming on. However I now have about 3 of these episodes a week so am worried about how much I have to rely on these drugs.
My migraines have got worse over the last 6 months, I have more frequent episodes and am totally worn out, tired all of the time. For the last month I have had a twitching right eyelid.
My migraines are triggered by lots of things and some I don't know what causes them.
They are worse for cold, when storms are coming, eating raw onions, strong perfumes, chemical deodorants, self tan, MSG, flavourings, running, windy weather all trigger them. I get one just before my period starts and as it ends. When I am bleeding they are ok.
They are better for lying on the painful side, eyes closed in a warm room but with fresh air. I crave pasta and fresh fruit juice when I have one.
I taste metal in my mouth and my jaw clicks when one is coming. I always get one when flying and the plane descends.
I would be grateful for any help or advice. Let me know if more information would be beneficial.
I'm desperate for help because I dream of having a family but don't feel I can have a child when I'm so ill.
artemis195 on 2010-07-12
treatment will be more helpful.
Dr.Saravanan last decade
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
1.Describe your main suffering?
Migraines severe pain which builds over several hours usually starting in the shoulder and neck and working forward over the head and eye on one side. Accompanied by nausea.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Tiredness, I feel exhausted, sleep does not refresh me. My right eyelid had been twitching on and off every day for a month.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I feel that its not fair that I have to suffer this pain. I think how much more I could do with my life if I was normal. When I have a migraine attack it makes me sad. I often feel guilty that I cannot do more, that I am weak.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Cold, tired, nauseous and with terrific head pain.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
When I was about 18, the doctors were treating me for depression and the migraine was undiagnosed. I wasnt depressed though, I was down about the pain I was getting (the migraines) and had low self esteem.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
It varies, however, usually I am best in the morning and a migraine will come on in the early afternoon. I am a morning person.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
My suffering is aggravated by cold, air conditioning, windy weather, having to concentrate, bright lights, strong smells, hunger, thirst.
It is ameliorated by sleep, warmth, darkness, lying down with eyes closed.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Yes, I usually get a migraine if I do something outside my normal routine or go to a new place. I get one just before my period starts and as it is ending.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Hot dry weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Caring, hard working, easily offended, quiet, suspicious, low self worth.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
Fractious, nervous, sense of anticipation, like the air is crushing me. When the storm comes it is a relief but I dont like thunderstorms.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Not when things are really bad I like to be left alone.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, any loud noises, bright lights or strong smells make me worse.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Yes, I have a tendency to wring my hands and put my hand over to my opposite shoulder when I am uncomfortable or nervous.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love my husband and my family but have no children and few friends. I find it very difficult to trust people and to make new friends.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear that some harm may come to those I love, I include my animals in this, especially my horses. I often dream of ghosts.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I crave sugar, pasta and fresh fruit juice. I am vegetarian but do eat fish. I avoid dairy products, anything with artificial colours, flavours. I prefer plain food nothing too spicy.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Normal to less.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Lots! Really creamy sauces, really spicy dishes, anything with artificial colours, flavours etc
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Less, when I do sweat which Is very rare it is usually on my back.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I fall asleep very easily but do not feel refreshed when waking. I usually sleep on my back or on my right side with my legs drawn up.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Sometimes I feel that I watch the world through a window, as if Im not really a part of it. I feel that I care more than other people. I cannot stand to see suffering and pain in people or animals. These things affect me deeply, bad things are engraved on my memory and I replay them over and over.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I take Zomig (triptan) when I feel the migraine coming on. It effectively halts the migraine after 1 2 hours but the side effects are weakness, thirst, passing water excessively, a dazed feeling and sometimes a fluttering heart.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
I am not very tall, of average build with a tendency to put weight on around my waist, I have very pale freckled skin with green eyes, my hair is fine and straight, people always comment on my smile.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
Regular but lasting only a couple of days.
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Before I will get a migraine, during I have bad stomach and lower back pain.
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
Thick bright red
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
artemis195 last decade
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
So just to clarify, I need to take it as advised for 1 day only and then wait 15 days to see what happens?
artemis195 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.