Carbohydrate Cravings & OvereatingQuick history: I am in my 40's, starting overeating about 12 years ago, it's getting out of control now. I had a bad childhood, cold uncaring abusive father-my mother did not protect me or stand up for me & has a hard time showing love for me & she is very shy. 10 years ago my younger brother told me he disapproves of my weight, appearance & lifestyle, education, choice of husband, insulted me, fought with me, made me cry & has told me until I change & prove to him I am a 'better' person, he cannot be close to me-obviously he had a bad childhood too & he has issues to work out but his rejection of me is very painful. I have a great normal marriage, and we have a great relationship with our son. My husband works at night & when my son goes to bed & the house is quiet, I don't want to think my thoughts & deal with my heartaches and feel lonely so I start eating. Anything. Pasta, rice, bags of chips, I used to eat pints of ice cream, chocolate bars, jars of peanut butter. I used to get heartburn, sleep restlessly & have a drugged hungover feeling when I woke up in the morning from all the eating. I love the soothing feeling of crunching & eating & putting my hand to my mouth just keep feeding myself til I am sick. The past six months or so I have managed to cut down on what & how much I eat before bed. I am overweight & for my son and my health I need to lose weight & take better care of myself. My husband is afraid I will kill myself eating this way in secret. I have tried many diets & appetite suppressors but none have worked. I was laid off so right now I do not have money to see a homeopath. I started taking calcerea carbonica 30c 3xday and argentum nitricum 6c 3xday-its the only dosages I could find at the store. I still get very strong thoughts to binge, but my desire for carbs has greatly reduced. If I do binge, the amount of food I eat is way less. Do I need to change those dosages to more or less? Also, should I try any of the following: Staphysagria, sulphur, saccharum, china, iodium, ignatia, chocolate, Natrum Muriaticum, anacardium orientale? Any advice anyone could give me would be gratefully appreciated. I am encouraged by the success of calceria carbonica & argentum nitricum and want to continue down the right path.
(This post contains an image. To view the image, please log on.)
typeogirl on 2010-07-22
Glad that you are turning to Homeopathy. and about time you posted before you might have taken all the remedies you were inquiring about.
Please do not take homeopathy lightly. If you do not understand when the practioner gives you a remedy to take, please ask. Don't wing it!
First, Please don't self med yourself. you might think it is only small pills that melts in your mouth, hey...it's simple. but it is not. You can do a lot of harm to yourself. and pay for it later.
If you self med yourself, the practitioner can not understand the results and it will be hard for them. or your body will not respond to homeopathy like it should. so, please you must stop now of self med yourself. Homeopathy takes years and years to master even going to school for years and still have much to master. It is not that simple. and it is very hard work.
I know that western countries make it sound that way by saying it's NATURAL. It is, but more is needed to understand homeopathy.
Homeopathy treats the whole person. Not one med for this illness or that etc. It will help you out more then you know.
But to treat you by Homeopathy, more information is needed by you. Please think about it, and answer them truthfully. Only desire is to help you here.
We need the full picture of who you are in details, and in this manner of questions.
Please take the time in details.
why 12 years ago, did you start overeating, what happened then. What happened in the past childhood etc. You said, you are in your forties so, you got to remember you have forty years worth of leyers and leyers of truma.
Homeopathy can and will help. It takes time. So, you have to be patient.
I am not qualified. So, I am just posting the questions needed. Please wait, someone who is qualified will respond. It is long process to healing.
Good health to you soon!
Please write down when you took those remedies, how long, and soon after that what remedy next did you take, for how long. etc..
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. What peculiar or strange sensation do you have in any part of your body at times? Do you sometimes feel as if .. in some part of the body?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
dragonfly1976 last decade
♡ kadwa last decade
typeogirl last decade
we are unable to control our kid, we are not able to spend time with him and he doesnt watch tv for long - which is good though - but as soon as he shifts from tv, he wants to munch some thing
any good medicine to control his over eating
dpnctl 4 years ago
Sanghamitra120 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.