remedy for child's sleep apneaI am seeking a remedy for my 8-year old son, suffering from sleep apnea. We have an appointment with a sleep specialist/center and and ENT in early November, but need help now! Child is suffering. Normally a cheerful, active, curious, creative child.
1.Symptom: snoring during sleep, sleeps 11-12 hours per night but extremely hard to wake up in morning, irritable, cries easily, argumentative. Complains that he is tired all the time.
2. Where each symptom is located: lack of restful sleep is leaving him with dark circles under his eyes.
3. What first started it off: about a year ago, we noticed snoring and he himself said he wasn't 'sleeping well'.
4. When it's worse (ie on seeing bright lights, on stepping, before period, etc: symptoms eased after taking Flonase for several weeks, then he was off that medication for over six months.
5. When it feels better (ie lying down in a dark room, when warm, when cold): can't tell what conditions make some nights better than others, but the last 10 days/nights he has been desperately tired.
6. Your sleep pattern and details of any recurring dreams: occasionally says he's had bad dreams
7. What you are sensitive to (ie, heat, cold, touch, criticism, etc): very sensitive to criticism, easily irritable, is selectively not listening to us but then explodes emotionally (yelling, crying) that we are nagging him.
8. Your state of mind (fears, anxieties, attitudes, moods, etc):normally curious, creative, loves nature, running, cooking, figuring out how things work (construction, machinery, puzzles, science).
9. Any desires or aversions for particular foods, and whether certain foods make you feel better or worse: he has decreased appetite recently, has always been a thirsty kid. Lacto-ovo vegetarian since birth. Dislikes drinking milk. Highly developed sense of smell and taste.
10. Details of any major diseases suffered in past: asthma triggered by respiratory infections (more when younger, now rarely). History of bronchitis, croupe cough, respiratory infections.Colds go straight to lungs and chest (like his mother)
11. Detals of any reactions to other medicines taken: None.
12. History of homeopathic treatment if any. Gave him Lachenesis today.
13. All other symptoms you have (ie watering eyes, cold feet, thirst).
14. Family history: 40-year old father has sleep apnea. 39-year old mother has history of respiratory infections and bronchitis. Otherwise healthy. No allergies.
Thanks for any tips.
JennyD on 2010-09-20
♡ kadwa last decade
JennyD last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.