ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

find rubric for cutting

in america we have teens who perform the act of cutting themselves. they make superficial slices on skin to aleviate emotional pain. not sure if this behavior exists in india or other countries. is there a rubric that is like this?
  Iceberg on 2010-10-14
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I have seen patients with this symptom or other kinds of self mutilation. Only a few of them needed the remedies that appeared in the Rubric

Impulse, to stab his flesh with a knife - Lyssin

Mutilate, his body, inclination - agar, Ars, bell, hyos, Staph, stram, Tub

However, there was a common them of attempting to feel something where they felt too little. The specifics always lead me to the remedy. It was usually part of a fairly complex mental and emotional state that had to be understood in the context of their life and their (unhealthy) perception of it.
brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago
I recently cured a case of this with Ars. I knew that the patient had other Ars. symptoms, but only after 4 months on Ars. 30c and LM1 did they confess to the problem, and said that they hadn't had it in some time after starting the remedy.
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago
I also think of this problem as being due to the Syph. miasm, and would expect a remedy that cures this symptom to be a major anti-syph. medicine.
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago
It could also be the Syph. miasm with the figwart miasm. But mostly the figwart miasm.
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago
Correction. I meant to say that it's primarily the Syph. miasm, probably with the figwart miasm too.
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.