Anemia with High Ferritin levelHi,
My mother is 65,while fasting for 20 days developed left swollen eye and cheek along with headache.
1.blood tests showed Hb 9 and high ferritin level
2.Hb reduced to 7.7 in the same week while she was taking (gabapentin:for headache)and Platelet count increased to 800,000 which was normal before the tablets.
3.Hb increased to 8.9 in 4 days and was suggested Bone marrow
4.Bone marrow is reactive;she has Beta Thalessemia trait
5.Other investigations involve :
Hebititus B/C both
Endoscopy of Upper GI is normal
Had Barium Enema double contrast test for lower intestine;everything is normal in that too.
6.Presently Hb fluctuation from 6.9 to 7.5 with high platelet count.Experiencing headache in left side of the head and swelling of the face is no more.
My uncle suggested Bio-plasgen1 for this purpose,but i am not sure if it is safe to take it with high ferritin levels.
Can you please help? Doctor suggests that this might be a malignancy in the making and we will monitor her regularly for any limphs or infections
ashbar on 2010-10-15
Please provide the following info.
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
Dr Atta last decade
Honey is helpful for Anemia. But I'm not sure if it only in case of iron deficiency anemia, or also viral infection anemia. You can give 2 teaspoon pure honey in a glass of water one or two time per day.
sadeqahmed last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.