≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Boy with typical "teenage" brain fog - suggestions?

My 15 year son who has always been a good student is struggling since it is as though he can't remember things, get's confused easily etc. I know this is quite typical for this age group but I wondered what supplements might assist him. I am going to put him on a good quality Omega 3-6-9 since he hates fish and I can only get so much flax/walnuts into him on a daily basis. I also read Magnesium could help so I'll get a cal/mag combo (also lactose intolerant and doesn't drink milk). Any other suggestions? I wondered about Ginko Biloba but wasn't sure if it was ok for kids.
  Rhonda780 on 2010-10-26
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I see a lot of teenage clients in clinic. It isn't my experience that poor memory and a confused mental state is normal at all. I only see that when they have a disease of some sort (broadly speaking in homoeopathic terms). Are you able to get to see a homoeopath in person?
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
Yes, I will put in a call to her and see if I can get him in. Thanks!
Rhonda780 last decade
Just to clarify, 'confusion' might not be as accurate as more of a 'zoned out' type of attitude. He has always been a little like this but certainly the teenage years have accelerated this. His teachers joke that his happy place is more interesting than real life since he enjoys being there a little too much. A very content person but needs to focus more.
Rhonda780 last decade
Ah yes that I understand :)

I still think that with memory problems it is worth getting it treated - and that distracted or disinterested state can be fixed too!
brisbanehomoeopath last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.