≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum



Similar posts:

Dog is afraid-same time every year 2my dog is now said to have immune mediated intravascular coagulopathy 1Dog afraid of walks? 2


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

First aid for dog

My neighbor's dog got away from him on a walk and got hit by a car. They got her to a vet right away and X rays showed a broken pelvis which the vet said may or may not heal. Best case is the dog will recover and worst is that the dog may die or be paralyzed.

I want to give basic first aid remedies but don't know what potencies are appropriate for dogs. Its a large dog.

Can I give Arnica 30c or 200c. Should I give Aconite?

If the pelvis cannot be set, but may heal on its own, should Symphytum be given or not?

Thanks for any and all advice. I'd really like to help this dog recover.

  ruth45 on 2010-11-06
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Arnica would be a good first remedy. You can also use an arnica ointment on the outside, if that's possible with the fur.

If there are cuts or bruises, you can use Calendula ointment on them from the outside.

If the bones have been set correctly by the vet, then the remedy Symphytum can be given, as it will speed the healing of the bones.
Homeopathy International 1 last decade
Thanks for the reply. Since it was a traumatic injury, should Arnica 200C be given or is that too high for an animal?

I don't know about treating animals so I don't know if the potency guidelines are the same.

ruth45 last decade
I'd start with 30c, knowing that you can repeat if necessary.

If the bones are set by the vet, then I would give Symphytum, if the vet doesn't, then I'd still use it. However, don't use it before he resets the bones or they could heal in the wrong way.
Homeopathy International 1 last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.