Extra growth on the heelDear Sir,
My wife is suffering from acute pain on the right heel. When approached the doctor, they informed that there is an extra growth is coming, and she has to take regular treatment (injection) on the heel. It was informed that surgery may not be a permament solution, and it may cause further problem.
Is there any remedial solution through Homeopathy.
We are from Nagercoil, Kanyakumari Dist. Tamil Nadu.
Appreciate receiving your reply.
trnair on 2004-03-23
It should be better by intake of Ammonium Mur 200c - 6 pills three times a day for 1 week.
The following article of mine has been published in the Hyderabad Edition of THE HINDU - The National Newspaper. This is just for your information and more idea about the disease.
HEEL PAIN (SPUR CALCANEUM) & HOMOEOPATHY:
If your first steps of the morning are painful and are better on further motion or at rest and your heel refuses to move your weight everytime you want to get up and walk during the day, in all likelihood you could be suffering from a change in the heel bone called Spur Calcaneum.
Our heels support all our body weight and when we begin to move it is 20 times the weight.
WHAT IS SPUR CALCANEUM?
* The calcaneum or the heel bone takes all the weight of the body and is protected by a spongy tissue to guard it from various uncertain movements and pressures. Also there is a bow-string like fascia which stretches from the end of calf muscles into the base of the sole. When there is a pull, injury, undue stretching of this fascia it disturbs the spongy tissue beneath the heel and our body as a protective mechanism heals the tissue with bone cells. This causes the area to lose its natural function as the cushioning effect is lost.
* The stress on the heel could be caused due to excessive running, walking, standing in people not used to the activity.
* It could occur in athletes when they do not warm up.
* It could occur in people who exercise heavily trying to compensate their sedentary habits of the week.
* Also in women in who wear high-heeled foot wear.
* Obesity is a common culprit too.
SYMPTOMS OF SPUR:
+ A sharp, stabbing pain in the heel on beginning to walk especially on waking in the morning or after sitting for a longtime and walking.
+ Pain is typically better at rest or after moving a few paces.
+ Worse on walking on a hard surface and carrying weights.
WHAT TO DO?
- Over-weight people should look at reducing weight.
- warm-up before an exercise is a must.
- Regular exercise is better than to go for crash courses on weekends.
- The heel can be supported by a small cushoioned insole in the shoe.
- Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation of the heel is necessary during acute pain.
WHAT CAN HOMOEOPATHY DO?
Homoeopathy has good remedies to relieve the heel pain. It can release the tension in the calf muscles, the fascia connecting into the calcaneum and improving movement by relieving pain. Any underlying diseases like Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis can be effectively treated so that this pain does not progress.
COMMON REMEDIES HEEL PAIN:
* AMMONIUM MUR is prescribed for patients with contraction of hamstring tendons and ulcerative pain in the heels which is better on lying down.
* BRYONIA gets rid of the pain of the heel and ankle which gets worse on slightest motion or exertion.
* PULSATILLA is indicated in patients with pain in calf muscles and heels.
* RHODODENDRON is for the pain due to rheumatic causes and gouty changes in the ankle and heel.
* RHUS TOX is prescribed for patients who have pain on walking and better on further motion.
Dr. Venugopal Gouri.
DRVenugopal last decade
Greetings from Al Ahsa.
How can I get the medicine, specially in Nagercoil, Kanyakumari Dist.
Is it possible to get the medicine through post, if so what is the proceedure.
Now she is taking the treatment as I said before, One injection on the heel every week.
Can she intake the homeo medicine while she is taking the injection. Is there any adverse effect.
I have noticed that she will be releaved from the pain within a week. But is there any possibility that this problem will be removed for ever., if she administer the medicine for longer time. If so how long she should take, any any restriction on diet while taking the medicine.
Waiting for your valuable advise.
trnair last decade
wafaahaddad last decade
wafaa haddad last decade
drvenugopal last decade
akbarkp last decade
My father is hvaing a similar problem and has been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. He has severe heel pain after getting up in the morning and is hardly able to walk for sometime.He is also a chronic
diabetic patient and takes 40 units of insulin per day.His post meal sugar normally is in the range of 200-250. Doctor has advised him to take the injection.You have spoken of the homepathic medicine in the forum..I want to know if the solution
would be permanent and how long would it take for the medicine to show effect.
Prachi last decade
merrybees last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.