≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

help i fear my kitten has the 'dry' fip

Hello All, I have been to three different vets and they all seem to think my 8month old kitten BooBoo has the 'dry' FIP. I will stop at nothing to help my little guy. The first time it started was Sept 2010 I was away for 4days and it was the first time I have left him alone he had plenty of food and water he was with his big sister Meeka (my 2 year old female cat) When I got home i noticed he was walking funny and tilting his head to the left and wasn’t eating or drinking I rushed him to the vet the next morning and they did a blood test on him to see if he had feline aids and leukemia the test came back negative then they gave him a few shots one was called new cells it was to help him get hydrated another was a 2week antibiotic and the other was an anti inflammatory /steroid that was to last 1month. I noticed a change in him he started to get better and act normal again and then he was the best I have ever seen him very active eating a lot and enjoying life. he has always been a small kitten his mother is a Siamese and his father we are unsure of because the mom got out and got pregnant by a cat outside. so he is very lean and lanky, but we noticed he wasn’t gaining very much weight. He is fixed he was fixed at 5months old so that would have been Sept 1st or 2nd of 2010 and I noticed when I got home on Sept 13th that something wasn’t right. So then Nov 16th i brought him back to the vet because I saw the signs he was walking all wobbly and his appetite was going away and what not so i brought him to a different vet and she thought maybe an ear infection so she did a swob and said there was bacteria but not yeast in his ears and sent me on my way with a 21 day supply of antibiotics and a 2 week supply of these white ear drops nothing was working he ended up becoming immobile and i started to force feed him and rub his bum to help him pee he didn’t have any bowl movements while immobile then the vet said she thought it could be a fungal disease so i spent $110 to get his blood tested for this thing and it came back negative. the vet kept pushing me to put him down but i wouldn’t give up because i had no answers as to if it was for sure FIP so I asked for a steroid shot because it helped him before. She did an xray and said his intestines looked thickened and his organs looked abnormal, but she had her heart set on FIP and wasn’t budging from it, and persisted on killing him. I have been doing A LOT of research on this and I have seen that the symptoms are runny eyes sneezing diarrhea and a fever and he has had none of them that is whats making me think it is something else. Today Dec 5 2010 he is walking eating and going to the bathroom all on his own he is stumbling a bit still but i know he will get back to normal he also has had bowel movements and they are perfect they are NOT runny or hard they are perfect and moist. I NEED HELP on what to do none of the vets out here are willing to go any further with me if anyone knows anything that I am able to do or anyone on Vancouver Island who can help me it is much appreciated.
  AnimalLover on 2010-12-05
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.

Go through above link to know what can be done about this FIP. Do not forget to read about my suggestions dated October 1, 2006.
maheeru last decade
Hi Maheeru, Thank you so very much for your reply but if you could answer a few questions for me, where would I buy 'homeopathic FIP nosode commonly available in 30c' and how much do i give and where would I buy 'Echinacea mother tincture' and where would I buy 'Baptisia 30x or 30c' where would I buy any antidoting/inimical remedies? Also I heard that vit c and vit b6 is good to give them but how much should I give him hes almost 2 pounds.
AnimalLover last decade

This website carries remedies. You can purchase here. Another important website where rare remedies can be purchased is helios.co.uk.

Use one remedy at a time to assess action. 2 pills or drops either placed under the tongue if your pet lets you or let the dose dissolve in needle-less syringe and gently administer the medicinal water into it's mouth.

Not sure about the vit.c and vit b.6 dosage to your cat. You may ask your vet.
maheeru last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.