boils/cystic acne on foreheadI have been suffering from bouts of recurrent boils on my forehead for the last few years. I am 34. Just when I think they've gone for good because I haven't seen one in 8 months or so, I get a new one and then repeat ones, one after the other. I am a very healthy individual otherwise.
I had my first baby in April via unplanned c-section. I had staph in my scar that was healed by lancing and draining only. I also had gestational diabetes while pregnant. I am not overweight and I eat a whole grain, organic, vegetable-rich diet. I was treated for an allergy to sugar and yeast using the NAET program and have been seeing a naturopath regularly for the last 4 years. She is stumped by the problem with my skin. I don't know what these things are but they are not like regular acne. They are round raised red bumps that almost itch and when they drain, they are filled with blood and pus. BUT, rarely can I get them to drain easily. I use turmeric, apple cider vinegar, warm compresses and such. They are very stubborn. last a long time, and take a very long time to heal. I am fed up.
Recently I was one a few rounds of sulphur to heal or attempt to heal a rash on my arms that has been there since my baby was born. It is a bit like eczema and a bit like ringworm - but goes from mild to severe randomly.
I was also on two rounds of hep sulph to try to rid me of the boils. It didn't work.
Please help! I just feel cursed at this point and the boils are causing scarring. It affects me deeply emotionally. I can tell you that currently I have a very sensitive personality, a short temper that I am not happy about, and a lazy disposition that is also not my usual type of behavior.
I am really in need of some advice and help. I know there must be a solution!!!
midge77 on 2010-12-29
Please use the homeopathic patient intake form and give us the appropriate information about your case, and hopefully someone here will help you begin correct homeoapthic treatment.
Homeopathy International 1 last decade
1. Describe your main suffering?
Boils/cystic acne (only one boil at a time) on forehead and Feeling generally uninspired
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
The acne appears randomly - can't pinpoint any association.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
The cystic acne started after I lost an old friend to suicide actually.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
I enjoy morning and evening. My mood is worse at night though.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Nothing aggravates my cysts except the expected rubbing/touching which I know I should not do so I try to avoid it.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Maybe. I made a big move (4500 miles away from home) 8 months or so before the boils started appearing. Never thought about it that way though.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? I feel better in hot weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am an optimistic and smiley person usually but seem to be constantly struggling with moodiness, being argumentative, and laziness.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I love thunderstorms, before ad after.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
I need some space and then yes...but not as much as I used to.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
Well it's gross, but I tend to pick my nose. Nasty habit, I know.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I adore and love my husband and child. I also adore my friends and extended family.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear missing something in life and just having it pass by. I dream of feeling better and more inspired.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I crave both salty and sweet. There isn't a food I don't like. Currently I am not eating dairy because my breastfeeding baby is sensitive to it.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Pretty normal. I drink a lot of water.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
I eat a lot but I am a breastfeeding mother! I certainly don't overeat but I have a hefty appetite.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Not that I know of.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
My sweat is pretty normal I guess. I sweat more on my head.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Very regular and healthy.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I co-sleep with my baby and breastfeed - I am up a lot at night. I like sleeping on my side (both) and my stomach.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
No, not even interested in being sexual now.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
I feel weird in general - like I think others think I am odd - but really I know they don't! ( I hope).
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I don't take medicine. Only herbs and homeopathic remedies. I have recently taken sulphur and hep sulph.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
I am 5' 1' and of average build - on the petite side. I am healthy looking for sure.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
Again, I am breastfeeding. They are not regular (this is normal) but used to be prior to my pregnancy.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
Only had gestational diabetes while pregnant.
midge77 last decade
midge77 last decade
I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I filled out the New Patient Questionnaire and gave a lot of info about my issue but have not heard from anyone. I am wishing so strongly for relief from my boils/acne. Is there anyone who can help me?
midge77 last decade
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
If there are no noticeable changes please take Ars Alb 200 in the same way and report back after another 15 days.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
midge77 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.