Herniated L5 and pinched nerve... please helpMy husband injured his back in 2008 and we discovered he had herniated his L5 and the disc above and below are now deteriorating and the nerve is pinched creating a numb, tingling right leg, trouble beginning urine stream, cannot sleep flat. Our original dr. missed the window for a microdiscectomy (sp?) and his only traditional option now would be a lumbar fusion. he's only 32 and we have 2 young children so right now this is not an option (especially since we know it will result in multiple future surgeries.) He's been on Norco 10mg 4x daily, valium 10mg 2x daily, naproxen 500mg 4x daily; and his dr has now informed us that he will no longer 'treat' him. We don't want him to continue this harsh 'pain management' anyway because it's not working. I've been doing a lot of research but have found at least 15 different remedies.... can someone please help so I can start him on plan and help him!
bshepp on 2011-01-12
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago
Body Type: A+
General appearance: althelic
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
Have been using essential oils
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? Throbbing aching back pain, sciatica, right leg numb/tingling (herniated L5 with pinched nerve)
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? none
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? Occasionally upset because back pain can prevent activites (ie working out, kickboxing, playing with kids)
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. Sharp Shooting starting at L5 and continues all the way down to Right foot
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? 2008, tried to catch a falling extension ladder
6. Which time of the day you are worst? Morning
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc. COLD, excessive lifting, standing, turning. Massage helps temporarily
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? No
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? Warm dry weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Agreeable, stable minded, laid back
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? Fine
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Tend to keep things to self or only confide in my wife
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? No
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc? No
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? Everything I do is for my wife and kids, they are my whole world
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? Fear not being able to provide for my family
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? No/None
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? No
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Normal
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Normal bm and normal type
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Sleep on side/back; sometimes snore (due to broken nose 10 years ago), sleep well when not in pain, if in pain I toss and turn and sometimes have to sleep on the floor
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? yes
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? No
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? Norco 10mg 4x daily, Valium 10mg 4x daily, naprosyn 500 mg 4x daily
22. What major diseases are running in your family? HBP, High cholesterol
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance. Dark hair, brown eyes (Im half Japanese), athletic (used to do MMA fighting)
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
No major diseases, broken nose in childhood (never was fixed), blown left pupil in motorcycle accident 10 years ago (can see with very strong eyeglasses)
bshepp 9 years ago
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
then three doses of Rhus Tox 200 as follows.
day 3 morning
day 3 evening
day 4 morning
Please report after 7 days.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.