fear of passing stoolsCan anyone help please, my little girl, nearly 4, is fearful of going to the toilet, she had a painful stool the other day and now thinks all her stools will be painful, she will hold them in untill she cant hold on anymore and no matter how much we try to help with cuddles, telling her it wont hurt, she is scared and will cry. She has a very good diet and drinks plenty of water, and her stools are not hard and look soft and healthy.
Please help we are worried it will cause a lasting issue.
mummytotwo on 2011-01-16
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago
Body Type: slender
Weight: approx 2 1/2 - 3 stone
General appearance: pale complexion, blonde hair
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
Pulsatilla 30c for tonsilitis year ago responded very well
usuall childhood remedies, chamomilla for teething, arnica for bumps... but is a pulsatilla baby
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? Painful stool and now fear of going to the toilet
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? non that we know of
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? the fear and apprehension of pain again
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. she tells us 'it hurts'
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? few days ago, painful stool
6. Which time of the day you are worst? night
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
we cant yet find what helps,
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? she has had a slight 'issue' about passing stool since potty training, first stool she did in a potty she found very disturbing some how, she used the potty for urine from 13 months but insisted on having a nappy on for stool untill 2, has never liked passing stool and has always held on for as long as possible to do it, it hs not hurt before though so this has made problem worse and now will not go untill she litterally can not hold on, and that upsets her to as it comes out with force
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
mild, gentle, quiet, sensitive, affectionate, bright
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? will only be cosoled by whom she askes for at the time (Mummy or Daddy!)
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
Nail biting when anxious or aprehensive
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Stools look very healthy
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
well, always a good sleeper, at least 12 1/2 hours a night and sometimes 2 in day
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
I have filled out best I can for her, also she has always behaved slightly different when she has needed a stool, will missbehave a bit, this is usually how we know she needs the toilet!
Her diet is very important to us, organic, no refined sugars, fresh raw fruit & veg everyday, dried fruit, wholegrain, nuts, seeds, goats milk... plenty of water as drink
We only use homeopathy as form of medicine
CAnt think of anything else to help, thank you so much for help, really need it!
anabellajj 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.