From Tonsilitis to Ear Ache/InfectionGender: Female
Body Type: Lymphatic / Endomorph (Not sure which you're asking for exactly)
General appearance: overweight, filipino woman
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
Yes. I've used pulsatilla 200c, pulsatilla 30x, in the past to treat my ear problems
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
I have ear congestion/infection in both ears. Left ear has little to no pain but is more so clogged. Right ear has a little more pain both inside and outside the ear. Area just outside the ear is red and tender. When I put my finger in my right ear, and press downward, I can sense a small bump, that is a little itchy. Only a bit now and then, as if a hair is tickling inside my ear.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Sinus pressure is giving me a big headache. When it comes, headache seems to swirl and travel. I also have a recovering sour stomach. I had swollen left tonsil, but that has passed. I've added my health log at the bottom of the post in case it can be of help.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I have noticed that I'm very irritable, more so than usual, I assume this is normal
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
I want sympathy. I want to curl up under my blankets and keep my head warm. It's hard for me to concentrate on any one thing for too long. I get a swirling headache all over my sinus area mostly covering the right side of my head. It's worst when I get up from laying down.. which is why I dont want to lay down if possible.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I think this all started with the sour stomache on Jan 3rd. We were baking the past few days and tasting everything. It just went downhill from there.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Early morning, and night.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
I feel better when its warm, esp if I have a warm compress behind my neck, around my ears, on my cheeks and forehead (sinus areas). Also I get the swirling headache when I get up out of bed and a sharp pain on the temple and right side of my head whenever I cough.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
My ear congestion is affected by the air pressure I think. I only get it when its about to rain or when its winter and damp. The throat and sour stomach is not.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Warm weather makes me feel better. Under normal conditions, I dislike hot weather, but have never had ear problems in hot weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Normally I am stubborn, compassionate, suspicious, easily offended and quick to confront
Right now, I just let things go, and am agreeable so long as people to leave me alone
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
We don't get many thunder storms here, so I cant say. However, before rain (like a day before), my ears get a sharp pain within them and my head feels foggier than usual.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Absolutely. Normally I don't like people to fuss over me but when I'm unwell, I'm a total baby.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, very sensitive to noise and light right now.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
I talk to myself, and when i type to friends on messengers, I re-read what I type twice or so.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Fine. Just don't make me repeat myself.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I am afraid that after I move, I won't get a job and will be unable to help my bf pay bills.
I am afraid I will never be able to forgive my brother
I am afraid of getting breast /ovarian cancer
I tend to dream about conflict but this is normal. Lately I have been dreaming but it's just a jumble of things that I can't focus on, or remember when I wake up.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
When healthy, I generally crave chocolate chip cookies, but i think that's what got me in trouble in the first place.
RIght now, if I so much as look at a cookie, pastry or anything greasy looking, i turn away immediately.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Normal if not a little less.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Less . . for the past 2 days I've only had 1 or 2 meals. I don't have a craving for breakfast. I do feel better with soups.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Crab - I can not eat crab. I'm allergic to it. Same with lobster. I can eat a little shrimp, but not much.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
In about the first week, I had some sweat around my trunk.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Stool varies. Sometimes solid, sometimes loose. Last few times, it has been mostly solid.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Not very well at all. I normally sleep on my right side, but have been preferring to sleep sitting up to help my ears.. which hurts my back. Last night, I feel asleep on my left side, and woke up to my headache.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
In general, sure; but not with this head/ear pain going on.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I tried pulsatilla 200c for a day with no response, so I stopped
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
High Blood Pressure
Breast Cancer (possibly)
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
I'm a pear shaped woman, overweight at 190 lbs for someone that is 5'6'. I have long slightly wavy black hair, dark brown eyes, I am also perimenopausal, and have irregular periods. I am graying out and am losing hair around the front of my head.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
I can skip months as high as 4 months. Usually I skip 1-2 months. Flow is very liquidy and has a high elasticity, almost like mucus. Some thick clotting, but not much.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
Never had a major disease, but I have asthma since I was a child.
I've been on this forum before, but remade an account because I can't get my password to be emailed to me. My original thread is regarding my ear infection back in 2006: http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/98500/
I have been told by a friend (not a doctor) that I probably have tonsilitis and it spread to my ears which made my ear problem worse. So I was hoping to find a homeopathic way to treat both.
Note : Ears have been a little muffled since December, but this is a seasonal problem for me apparently. Usually Pulsatilla helps or problems go away on their own after weather warms up. However, they worsen this month
JAN 3 - sour stomach, dehydrated (assumed from eating too many cookies the night before) eyes and lips are dry
JAN 9 - swollen left tonsil, white spot on left tonsil, still dehydrated
JAN 12 - swelling in left tonsil is going down; had a bubble growing near my right tonsil behind my wisdom tooth (popped it) as well as what appears to be a sore? Doesn't hurt like it though; still dehydrated
- also experiencing some problems with my TMJ (right side)because of constantly trying to pop my ears.
- I had the urge to place a warm compress behind my neck and around my right ear as well as over my cheeks. It felt soothing.
JAN 13 - still dehydrated since this whole thing started. outer right ear is pink/red and congested (first time it has ever turned pink), TMJ disorder is 90% gone thanks to massage, throat: right side still has sore by tonsil - using Chloraseptic spray today, but my throat does not feel 'sore', also gargling with salt water. starting to feel better
JAN 15 - feel weak today. Sour stomach. lymph nodes tender (at neck just under right side of jaw); still dehydrated; drank lots of water.
JAN 16 - weakness, major sinus headache today; also i noticed if i stick my finger in my right ear, and press down, i feel a small bump as if it were a bug bite. It's a little itchy there too, but not as irritable as a bug bite normally is.
Five-Winds on 2011-01-16
I hope someone can offer some guidance. Thank you, kindly.
Five-Winds last decade
If it doesn't you may take Lycopodium 200 in the same way.
♡ kadwa last decade
Results : It's the first time I don't look pale since this whole month started. Sores in the back of my throat have disappeared. There is still a little tenderness and tingling around my left jaw line and cheek, but the swelling has gone down. Ear congestion has gone down also, and the draining has finally begun. There is still some dehydration, and I feel sensitive to cold breezes or drafts, but I assume that's part of recovering. At least I can eat again.
Should I continue with the dosing or should I stop here and let my body attempt to recover on its own? Thank you so very much for your kind advice.
Five-Winds last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.