Post Nasal dripHi,
I am suffering from Post nasal drip since past 2 years and my voice has also changed considerably. My voice sounds as if I have cold. People ask me every time whether I am suffering from common cold.
Although there is no blocking of nose, I feel slight mucus flowing in the back of nose into throat. Seems it has slight smell as well. Tried some sprays prescribed by doctor by did not help much.
Can anyone please suggest the best homeopathic remedy to stop this PDN and retain my voice back to normal.
ukraju on 2011-01-24
Please fill out the homeopathic intake form for new patients. The more information you can give us, the more accurate our homeopathic recommendations can be. Hopefully someone here will help you begin real homeopathic treatment to resolve your issues.
Homeopathy International 1 9 years ago
Body Type: Well build
Weight: 70 KG
General appearance: Healthy
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
==> Userd couple of times for fever, caugh and thorat pain but not a regular user.
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
==>Post Nasal drip. Ocaasional stuffiness of nose.
Sometimes slight throat pain or thick mucus formation especially early morning.
==>My voice has changed since past 2 years. My voice sounds as if I have cold.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
==> Want to go back to my original voice. Am tired of being sounding like having cold all the time.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
==> Stuffy nose, throat pain/cogestion when worst. Otherwise, post nasal drip all the time.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
==>Started with throat pain and congestion that last for more than 4 weeks.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
==> esp the mornings but PND is always there.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating,
tight clothing etc.
==> same in all conditions
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
==> I get irritated fast and easily offended.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
==> No. I prefer staying alone.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
==> I dont like loud noise.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
==> I love my family very much.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
==>No fears but I do dream about snakes sometimes.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
==>I try to avoid fatty/oily food/items. I do crave for chicken but I eat it very rarely.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
==> NOrmal, trunk/armpits.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
==> Sometimes do not get good sleep due to work/personal thoughts but otherwise I
sleep sound for 5-6 hrs per day.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
==> Yes when get time but most of the times tired from work and related stress.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
==> Pneumonia - Dec 2006
ukraju 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.