≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum




Boiron Arnicare ®: not available in . Available


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Burning and Stinging Scalp PAIN

Hello Everyone! - I am in need of some help as I'm getting very distressed with an ongoing problem I have.....hope that someone can help me .....

For the past 2 years I have been suffering from intense sharp burning sensations all over my scalp - especially on the sides around the ears. The burning is so intense - it wakes me up at night and stresses me out throughout the day!

In the areas of the burning - the hair falls out - as a result - I have extremely thin hair - esprecially around the sides of my head - I actually look strange now. Is there anything that can help me?

Additionally I have been diagnosed as having scalp psoriasis on my hairline for 5 yrs now - but I feel that that the two problems are not inter-related - as the burning is all over. I have dry flaky scalp too.

My worry is that soon the burning inflammation that is in my scalp will result in all my hair dissaperaing and thus - my psoriasis-ridden scalp will be visable to all :(

Recently my joints and back have started to ache - which I believe is related to the Psoriasis in my scalp (Psoriatic Arthritis) - so the problems keep on comming!

I am 30 year old male - living in the UK. Is there anything I can take to stop the burning inflammation in my scalp ? ?

Can someone help me please?

  ranjit_singh on 2005-05-05
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
If the trouble follows the hair line its an indication for Sulphur which is one of the highest antipsorics.

Take a look at Sulphur and come back. It is often possible to use Psorinum after Sulphur [ or V.V]
passkey last decade
Thanks for the quick reply -much appreciated.

I am more concerned about my burning/itching scalp and the resulting hair loss in the same areas rather than having psoriasis.. . . is there anything that can be taken for this problem?
ranjit_singh last decade
Please reread passkey's reply. There was NO mention of Psoriasis.

antipsorics...discription of conditions.

Psorinum is a remedy.

When one needs help, please read carefully.

Blessings, Sabra
sabra last decade
I am only 17 years old and I think I have whatever ranjit_singh has. It's really freaking me out... I'm totally serious if this continues with my hair loss im going to kill myself. Some one please help me!!!!
HeWhoCorrupts last decade
You may try Formica Rufa 3X three times a day for fifteen days and see if it helps.Come back again on this thread if there are any improvements for further suggestions.

rajivprasad last decade
I have no other problems except the hair falling out, burning, stinging, and itching of the scalp. I have gone to a dermatologist and the Dr had nothing to say except I see no bald spots and your scalp looks fine. Im really freaking out!!! I looked up that Formica Rufa and like I said I have no other symptoms other than what I explained.
HeWhoCorrupts last decade
In homeopathy, if you look up any medicine in the materia medica, it gives you all the symptoms that the medicine has produced during provings or has cured in actual patients. This means the entire range of symptoms that the medicine can produce are given in the materia medica. But a given patient need not have all the symptoms of a remedy for that remedy to help him if that person takes it. In your case i think that formica rufa would help. There is no harm in trying.

Hope it helps. In case you try it, let us know of the results.

rajivprasad last decade
Sulphur seems to be the one that will help my problems better than Formica Rufa. If you have any suggestions as to why you recommend Formica Rufa over Sulphur please let me know. Thank you
HeWhoCorrupts last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.