≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Child sexual abuse and homosexuality.


I was wondering if there is a remedy one can use when memories (until now removed) of childhood concerning a repeated sexual oral abuse come back to consciousness of an adult.

these experiences may have caused some of the following symptoms which actually occurred: (1) attraction for the same sex for repeating the same kind of behavior; (2) hate for mother who has left the child alone for some afternoon with a friend who was renowned for not being mentally ok; (3) general sexual disinterest for women; (4) a lot of interest for spirituality.

thank you.
  Ahava on 2011-02-15
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
There is not one remedy for that, but many. This is a very common situation I see in my own practice, memories of sexual abuse coming back to patients in later life. The individual reaction to those memories helps direct me to the remedy. It often requires a high level of trust for and compassion from the practitioner to manage this situation.

I don't believe that homosexual tendencies come from sexual abuse, as many healthy people are homosexual. However, when you say 'repeating same kind of behavior' do you mean that this person is abusing others?
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
Thank you. My homeopath has treated me for a long time with natrum muriaticum before those memories reemerged and now he suggested me staphysagria.

No, I am saying that I tended to reproduce the same situation as a victim and have no instincts of victimizing others at all, nor any attraction towards children.

well i am sure that there can be many causes of homosexuality. what i can say is that now I remember that the abuses completely changed my way of looking at reality and at other people. moreover after the physical memories reemerged the desire for same sex has drastically diminished, if not completely terminated... but it tends to reappear when the memories are not so present anymore.

I've grown up in a very liberal environment and homosexuality would be all right for me. however I do not have any craving for males' affection nor I desire for a sharing a life with a man. There has just been a very intense obsession for reproducing that specific act (now i would say that past event).

the main trauma I remember now are due not to the abuse itself but to the fact that my mother prevented me from talking about this fact to my father (I could mainly see him in the week ends)....

thank you.
Ahava last decade
Ah I understand now - yes that isn't exactly being homosexual, but more being stuck in a specific pattern of behaviour. This is an ideal situation for homoeopathy to help, as removing 'stuckness' is a great strength of our medicine.

However, you will not get much success looking at it as a 'remedy for this one thing' kind of situation. These events will have shaped the person you have become, a medicine must be selected by understanding that shape, and attempting to correct it in total (changing the shape of the whole person).

I have used all sorts of remedies for this - Stramonium, Lyssin, Nat-carb, Morphine, Opium, Conium - others as well that I cannot remember without going through my files. The important thing is to keep the whole picture in view.
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
thank you very much. I posted this question since my homeopath did never give anything similar to the remedies you wrote down and the abuse emerged years and years later I was treated.

When I stopped compulsion (masturbation) for a long time I felt much better from any point of view and the memories arose. however I was wondering how to go further and overcome the situation for good.

in uk there are many homopaths but who knows who is the one who has experience in this field...
Ahava last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.