Side effects of antibioticsMy father (age 72) has been taking antibiotics for a urinary tract infection and is facing side effects due to the medicine. He has no appetite, very low energy and seems confused. Are there any homeo remedies to help counteract the side effects of antibiotics? Thank you very much.
ct123 on 2011-03-07
It is very likely that he will prescribe another more suitable AB to replace the one he is taking now. It is best that he consults a doctor immediately as it is important that he takes an AB for his UTI.
However if you can indicate the name of the antibiotic used and the ID of the bacteria that caused the infection, I can try to help his present series of ailments.
♡ Joe De Livera last decade
My father has been on various antibiotics since January. They are Tranexamic Acid, Ofloxacin, Amikacin and Ciprofloxacin.
His haemoglobin and sodium level went down very low and he is now in the hospital where he's been having blood transfusions. His energy is better now, but the symptoms that we are now seeing are panic and anxiety, and depression/emotional, stubborn and rude.
He hasnt been able to sleep for the past 3 nights and has been awake,talking to himself .
All thse symptoms are very much different for him, who's usually a very soft spoken person, who understands and cares for others a lot.
His urine culture shows the presence of E Coli bacteria.
Please suggest any remedies that can help counteract the bad effects of the antibiotics and help bring back my father.
I would be happy to give any more information, if necassary. Thanks a lot.
ct123 last decade
Please give single dose.
If you require further assistance, please write me.
mani_jee last decade
He seems to be tired/lethargic most of the time, and once he goes to this state (probably unconscious??) its hard to wake him up and get him to eat/drink. He has some shivering of hands occasionally.
His cognition seems to be affected too.
The seizures could be a side effect of the antibiotics he's taken as he never had these symptoms before.
Please suggest what remedies I should give him and whether they can help solve the problem.
ct123 last decade
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
mani_jee last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.