The ABC Homeopathy Forum
Attn: Drs. - No advice received yet! Please help!Hello! I am respectfully and hopefully asking your assistance in my case. I think it is easy to get lost in this forum. My case is complicated (at least appearing to me) but I am very anxious as my knees are in much trouble. Originally BrisbaneHomeopath was helping but I have not received a response since submitting all of my history.
He requested the following:
In order for me to make a prescription, I need alot of information, which may mean a number of posts back and forth before I feel comfortable making a suggestion.
GUIDELINES FOR GIVING HOMOEOPATHIC CASE INFORMATION
It is important to describe all your problems in as much detail as you are able. One word answers and short sentences are not particularly helpful. Discuss each problem one at a time, providing (as a minimum level of detail) the following information.
1. What exactly happens?
2. Describe all sensations and pains. Each pain or sensation should be described in such a way that allows us to imagine having the same pain.
3. What causes the problem to get worse after it has started occurring?
4. What creates some relief for the problem?
5. What triggers the problem into occuring?
6. What time of the day or night does the problem occur?
7. When did the problem start? What was happening in your life at that time? Did some specific event or treatment take place just before the problem started?
Move from one problem to the next, doing the same thing. IT IS VITAL THAT YOU GIVE A COMPLETE PICTURE OF YOUR HEALTH BY PROVIDING ALL PROBLEMS YOU HAVE, EVEN IF NOT CONNECTED TO THE MAIN ONE, AND EVEN IF YOU CONSIDER IT OF LESS IMPORTANCE. You should address each problem separately using the above 7 questions as a guide.
As well as this, please describe any traumatic incidents that have taken place in your life. Discuss anything that has had a lasting impact on you mentally, emotionally or physically.
Discuss the way that you manage or deal with your problems, or any problems that occur in your life.
Discuss any patterns you have noticed in your behavior especially concerning your disease.
Discuss any part of your life where you feel stuck or unable to change and grow, especially where this occurred around the beginning of your disease, or as the disease evolved.
Describe your childhood and the kind of environment you grew up in, with reference to your relationships with your family, your school experiences, and any serious childhood diseases.
If your earlier discussions have not mentioned these already, please describe:
1. The specific foods that you crave (not just like) or hate
2. The specific drinks that you crave or hate
3. What your sleep is like
4. How the weather and the temperature affects you
5. What kinds of things in the environment you are particularly sensitive to
6. What your general level of energy is like
7. What your level of sexual energy or desire is like
8. Describe your menstrual cycle
And I provided the following:
BrisbaneHomeopath - Thank you! THANK YOU! My case is very complicated. Please do not give up on me!
I think I answered all of your questions to the best of my ability....
Background: I've always been very sensitive. I am easily overwhelmed by loud noises, large crowds, too much activity. I need to rest a lot by myself. I always worried and have been very high strung and moody. My mind always analyzing and overanalyzing. I'm very emotional and feel things deeply. Even as a child my mind was always active. I felt sad often. I cried easily as a child and was very moody. My feelings were/are hurt easily. I was very shy and quiet when I was little and picked on my other kids. This was traumatic for me. I withdrew into myself. I felt different from everyone like they were shallow and I cared about important things. My parents are very unhappy. My mother has always been depressed and ill. She was never shown any love and has no self value. She is very sad. I think I felt like I needed to be strong for her so carried my burden myself. I also felt responsible for her unhappiness somewhat, like I needed to be sad because she was. I did not want to see her in pain. She was very withdrawn but always showed me love. My dad was not very present and I was fearful of his temper. I had recurring nightmares that he was trying to kill me. I also had recurring nightmares throughout childhood that a witch was trying to kill me and my family was not there to help for various reasons.
I am a glass half empty person like my mother. I have always been very aware of any ailment and feel it in my body. People have called me a hypochondriac. I tend to see the negative and it is hard to immediately see the positive. I am trying to work on this more now. I'm very introspective am very self aware to a point of fault. I never really learned what I deserve from others or my own self worth. As an adult I find myself attracted to men that have emotional problems. I am attracted to their vulnerable and I want to help. I don't want that anymore but I think it makes me feel valuable and its comfortable.
My neck and shoulders have always carry too much tension and causes headaches. I had many allergies to eggs, oranges, wheat, dairy, grapes, sugar, tomatoes, and many more. I have lots of gas and stomach pains after eating. I would stop breathing during sleep as an infant, child, and teenager. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea but now they tell me I don't have it. I am depressed since a teenager. I snore very loudly my whole life. I have always been very tired but worse now.
My period started at 16. It was extremely heavy with clots and accompanied by cramps and headaches. It was irregular and lasted up to 7 days. I have gotten ovarian cysts in the past. At 18 I went on birth control pills. I went on birth control pills. Acne cleared and periods were lighter but was an emotional rollercoaster. I was on them for 12 years. I went off of them at 28.
At 16, I fell on my left leg and torn the stretched the anterior cruceate ligament. I did not need surgery. I have always been very active. I had pain in my left knee but all doctors told me it was fine and not to worry. Over the years I fell and hurt it two more times but not needing doctor care. Last year I was running a lot. Now I had pain in both knees. My left had developed a lot of calcium growths and bone protrusions. I went to the doctors who performed x-rays and MRI. It showed much deterioration in the cartilage and a malignment in both knees, with the left much worse. I have a loose body in the left knee and much osteoarthritis in both. I went to a physical therapist to try to avoid surgery but could not help.
At 25 I got divorced, it was very traumatic. At this time I started having jaw pain (TMJ) and back pain between my shoulder pains. The TMJ has also worsened over the years. Now it aches most of the time. I try essentials oils, massage, magnesium, etc.
Everything is so tight. Doctor recommends surgery to widen my upper palette with a steel plate! I dont want to do this!
I then gained weight and acne returned and I started sweating excessively. I was depressed. I got acne again. Periods were lighter and pretty regular but still headaches, clots and cramps. A doctor diagnosed me with depression and PCOS but wanted me to go back on the pill which I will not do. So I did nothing. Then I started exercising excessively to lose the weight but gained more fat still. I skipped two periods.
I then started seeing the doctors more. I could not think. I was losing my memory. I was gaining more and more weight. I found out I have gluten intolerance and am allergic to dairy, eggs and garlic. The doctor said my body wasn't utilizing stored fat for energy. I took many vitamins but did not help. Was again diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. I still did not take anything. I began getting panic attacks that worsened.
Three and a half years ago I cut out gluten and lessened eggs and dairy. Memory returned. Feel sharper. Gas and stomach discomfort only after eating eggs or dairy. All other symptoms the same. I went on antidepressants. I think they help a bit. I am taking a thyroid medicine for reverse T3 production and progesterone for hormone fluctuations. My periods are light and regular but still with clots, cramps and headaches.
Three years ago I had a nose surgery for a deviated septum. I had to go to the hospital for complications and a severe nose bleed. About six months after that my hair starting falling out in handfuls. It was everywhere and seemed to be from all over my head. I lost about half of my hair in three months. After that my hair falls out much more than ever before and I have little hair on top and sides.
1. Discuss the way that you manage or deal with your problems, or any problems that occur in your life.
I overanalyze. I concentrate on my problems too much. I am forever trying to find the solution..to fix it. I want to make myself better. I may be overly critical. At least people tell me that I am.
2. Discuss any patterns you have noticed in your behavior especially concerning your disease.
I feel distraught and very stressed. I worry that I will end up like my mother who is in terrible condition and has never gotten better. Im always trying to find a cure.
I am fearful that I will lose all of my hair and I will need to replace my knees. I feel overwhelmed. Im meditating recently and trying to be more positive now though but it is difficult.
3.Discuss any part of your life where you feel stuck or unable to change and grow, especially where this occurred around the beginning of your disease, or as the disease evolved.
I feel stuck in my patterns with men. I want someone who appreciates, values and treats me well. So far, I gravitate towards the opposite. I want to be healthy and happy person but feel stuck with physical challenges and depression. I want to no longer be depressed and to feel well!
1. The specific foods that you crave (not just like) or hate I crave sweets (candy, cookies, cake) and do not hate anything.
2. The specific drinks that you crave or hate I crave coffee for the sweet and energy and often carbonated sodas.
3. What your sleep is like I wake up often and sweat often during sleep. I have a very difficult time getting up in the morning and fall asleep very easily.
4. How the weather and the temperature affects you I do not like the hot and humid weather. It drains my energy and makes me sluggish. I do not mind the cold.
5. What kinds of things in the environment you are particularly sensitive to Sounds, scents, activity, movement.
6. What your general level of energy is like - low
7. What your level of sexual energy or desire is like fluctuates. When Im in a relationship it is healthy. Otherwise, Im disinterested.
8. Describe your menstrual cycle Described in background.
1. I seem to get them more when stressed or do not eat regularly. I get them when I exercise and tighten my neck or shoulder muscles at all. Some times they come on for no reason that I can tell. I almost always get them before and during my period.
2. They often are a dull ache that gradually worsens. They can last for days or weeks at a time. They focus on the sides and forehead and sometimes center behind one eye. This type is the worst. It can make my eye swell shut and water.
3. It gets worse if I do not relax or it is hot.
4. Some times cool on my neck relieves some of the pain.
5. Same as answer to 1.
6. They can happen at any time but I do not wake up with them unless it is from the previous day, therefore, afternoon, evening and night.
7. I started getting them when I was little. I cannot pinpoint the exact time. Maybe as a teenager. I may have been more aware of what was going on with my mom at that time.
1. When I was younger it was significantly worse. I didnt want to live. I was very much comforted by feeling sad and lonely. I didnt see a way out. Now, its more of a overhanging sense of low mood. I have a hard time motivating myself to do things. I want to sleep all the time but then feel guilty about wasting my time off. Im functional but not functioning well.
2. It gets worse when I continue to think about it.
3. Moving and forcing myself to go outside into the world.
4. Feeling alone or isolated. Feeling hurt by someone I value.
5. Any time.
6. I think it started when I was a teenager. I was being picked on and felt very alone at the time. I had few friends and felt different.
1. my left and right knee caps slide to the outer side of my knee when straight.
2. I feel nothing when it happens except the sensation of the left knee cap sliding back into the grove when bent. Pain occurs when walking or when applying any resistance like going up stairs (in both knees). It hurts behind the patella. It is sharp.
3. Any exercise makes it worse.
4. Any time of day.
5. the left knee always hurt after the injury 15 years ago. The right knee started hurting only last year when I was running.
1. My jaw hurts and aches in the joint.
2. I feel a constant tension and ache that worsens when I chew. I think I am clenching my teeth at night now where I used to not do that.
3. chewing, sleeping.
4. Nothing, relaxing.
5. Chewing, clenching.
6. All times.
7. When I was 25 and I was going through a divorce and in a relationship in which I was very unhappy and feeling trapped and alone.
1. my neck and shoulders are constantly tight.
2. tightness. Pains in neck and shoulders.
3. Stress, activity or exercise.
4. relaxing, hot press.
5. My period, stress, activity, exercise or sleeping in the wrong posture.
6. Any time
7. As long as I can remember.
1. I sweat very easily all over my body.
5. Stress, movement, anxiety, hot/humid weather, hot drinks or coffee
6. Any time of day and while sleeping.
7. When I moved to the East Coast in 1995
1. I get acne on my face and hairline.
4. birth control pills
6. When I was a freshman in college.
[message edited by antied77 on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:08:53 BST]
[message edited by antied77 on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:45:41 BST]
antied77 on 2011-04-13
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.