≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Tooth abcess and pregnant

I was told two years ago I needed a root canal or an extraction for an upper right pre molar but that I could wait if the tooth was not hurting.
I got pregnant 3 months ago and soon after I got pregnant, my tooth started bothering me. I initially I had severe sharp intense pain, chills, intense facial swelling I did mercurius, hepar sulphur and then Nat mur and silicea. I did not want to get the antibiotics the dentist recommended.

The intense pain and facial swelling got relief but I was left with a bad taste smell in my mouth. When I floss the area, the floss does not smell good. My gums are still very swollen and and there is a reddish lump in the upper part of the gums, in between the tooth that is supposedly infected and another 'tooth' that actually has an implant. Over a week ago I even noticed the formation of a white small lump over the big bump, like if it was tip of pus formed lump. Of course I am worried because I am afraid they may need not only need to extract my infected tooth but also remove the crown and implant on the adjacent tooth.

I started taking Hecla lava last friday night 3 pellets (30c) once a day. I have noticed the white small lump over the big red lump has decreased in size and is less white, the rest of the symptoms are still the same (taste/smell in the area, swollen gums, large red lump between affected tooth and implanted tooth is the same).
Yesterday and today I took 3 doses of Hecla Lava instead of 1 and have experienced sharp intense pain in the upper right premolar that extends to the temples, should I go back to the initial frequency or change potency or remedies.
Thank you! God bless you
  janecita on 2011-04-27
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I admire your decision not to take an antibiotic in the interest of your unborn baby.

The remedy that will help your tooth is Arnica 30c in the Wet dose taken thrice daily. You should find that your pain and discomfort will cease in 3 days hopefully and I would like to have your report at that time.

The Wet dose of any Homeopathic remedy is made as follows:

Order the remedy in the Liquid pack in Alcohol, also referred to as Liquid Dilution in a bottle preferably with a dropper arrangement.
Get a 500ml bottle of Spring Water from the nearest supermarket.
Pour out about 3cm of water from the bottle to leave some airspace.
Insert 3 drops of the remedy into the bottle and shake the bottle hard at least 6 times before you sip a capfull of the bottle or a large teaspoonful which is the dose.
Shaking the bottle hard is homeopathic succussion and this enhances the effect of the remedy on the user.
Joe De Livera last decade
Thanks Dr De Livera, I am ordering the remedy right now, hopefully I can start taking it soon. I will report back with my results, God bless you abundantly :)
janecita last decade
Dear Dr De Livera
I just noticed it will take a few days before I get the order, probably not before Monday. I just looked in my kit and I actually have Arnica montana 30 c in pellet format. I also have dropper bottles. Can I actually dilute the pellets and make a dilution similar to the one ABC sells. I actually would like to start the remedy right away instead of waiting to get the dilution format on the mail. Would you please let me know what you think? and also how many pellets do I need to put in the dropper to make diluted form. Thanks again, Dr.
God bless you
janecita last decade
The remedy must be used ASAP to help the abscess in your tooth and you can use the Arnica 30 pellets to make the Wet dose. You will use 6 pellets in a 500ml bottle of spring water to make your remedy. It is best to use the Liquid Dilution in Alcohol as this is by far more potent.

May God Bless you too.
Joe De Livera last decade
Thank you Dr. I just prepared the dilution and will take my 1st dose soon. I will keep you posed in three days. Hopefully it will work, I am starting to get tired of this abscess,
blessings :)
janecita last decade
Dear Dr De Livera
My pain is reduced, I already took 2 doses arnica montana wet dose. I mainly feel the pain when I walk and stomp my feet, or with tilting my head down, or if I touch my tooth with my tongue, the whitish small lump (bubble)is the same in size, and everything else is the same, no other changes.
I will keep you posted, thank you and blessings to you
janecita last decade
Glad to note that the pain you experienced from your abscess has reduced with just 2 doses.

You can increase your dosage from 3 to 4 considering that Arnica in the Wet dose has already worked for you. Remember to succuss the bottle every time before you take a dose.

You can also massage the 'the whitish small lump (bubble)' above your tooth gently downward with your finger tip to help the abscess to drain. This will help it to heal quicker.
Joe De Livera last decade
Dear Dr De Livera
I am afraid Arnica is not really helping much, after the 4th dose the pain came back strong. No improvements experienced after this aggravation. Somebody recommended to take mercurius vivus, I am thinking maybe this second time it will help. I wonder if other doctors in the forum have a second or third opinion. Would it be helpful to send a more detailed questionnaire like the ones some doctors request?, thanks for trying to help. I am about to start taking those antibiotics as I have tried quite a bit of remedies, I know homeopathy works but for some reason I am hitting the right medicine?, do people ever get discouraged?, how many remedies should one try before throwing the towel?, sorry just venting here...
Blessings to all you and thanks for reading,
janecita last decade
Hi Janet,

I do hope that you wait and see what the homeopaths have to say. Sometimes with homeopathy, it might get worse to bring it all out of the system in order to make it better. It's very much a 'wait and see' type of healing and does require patience. For the sake of your baby, please have patience.

I wish you all the best,

pheazoid last decade
Your infection is chronic after 2 years and I believe that the Arnica is not able to help it as it is obviously deep rooted.

Would you like to use 3 pellets Arnica every 2 hours instead of the Wet dose?
This has worked in some cases when the Wet dose has not helped.

An antibiotic is the last resort but if you do not have any alternative to treat the pain you may have to take it. It is possible that you may experience the same problem with the AB as it may take very long to control the bacteria in the tooth as the blood flow into the root is very limited. Continue with the Arnica even if you do have to take the AB as it will help the AB to reach the tooth better.

Remember the gentle massage downwards with the finger tips
Joe De Livera last decade
Dear Dr De Livera
Thanks for your kind email, the pain is not a concern at least not for now, I think my concern is the infection/abscess. I consulted with the homeopath that is treating my son, he advised me to take 3 doses of merc. Last week, he suggested hecla lava, but I suppose as the symptoms start changing the medicine changes as well. So I am going to give it a try and see if this helps at all. My regular homeopath who started treating me for this issue almost 3 months ago switched me to 4 different remedies, and I tried every single remedy following the instructions hoping that each time it was going to be it. Finally I realized we were not hitting it so I asked my son's homeopath for a second opinion. That is why I am disappointed because I feel the doctors are really trying to help me but for some reason the remedies do not resolve the issue completely, either I get some relief but then the progress slows down or stops or I get aggravation. I suppose homeopathy is too hard for me to understand. I want to get rid of the tooth, but before I just want to get the infection under control.
I would like to postpone antibiotics and dental procedures until the baby is born. So I am open to try a couple of more remedies but for sure I should make a decision about the amoxicilin within two weeks, primarily because this has been going on for too long and also because we are planning a trip in June and I would not want to go with this issue unresolved.
I appreciate your suggestion on the arnica and on the massage, I was able to drain some of that pus out, so that is good news. Please pray so that this infection becomes under control with homeopathy or allopathy medicine.
God bless you,
janecita last decade
I am glad to note that you have not taken the antibiotic so far in the interest of your baby.
How far advanced is your pregnancy?

I am convinced that Arnica and the massage on the abscess downwards will soon help to assuage your pain but you have to give my therapy a few more days.

You may like to know that I have had 2 implants of teeth in my upper jaw on both sides as at age 82 my upper molars have all cracked open thanks to the action of a multitude of dentists who just delighted in excavating deep craters into my teeth with their high speed drills.

I have only used Arnica 30 to treat the pain and to keep infection at bay after any surgical procedure. My dentists were very surprised that I did not use the antibiotic prescribed as I had discovered many years ago that Arnica was by far more effective as a pain killer after an extraction or in my case the trauma of an implant into the bone of the upper jaw. My surgeon who is the Professor of Maxillofacial surgery in the Dental Institute was very surprised at how a simple and safe remedy, Arnica can help to keep the pain after extensive dental surgery at bay while also replacing the antibiotics he prescribed.

Such is the power of Arnica.
Joe De Livera last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.